Top positive review
Good shape, weight and balance for me.
on June 9, 2017
I'll start by saying that I have purchased several of these because:
- Wireless with very good tracking on most surfaces (I'm not a gamer and this isn't a gamer's mouse, but it does track well)
- Good weight/balance (I prefer slightly smaller mice due to the weight)
- Good shape and fits in the hand easily
- Simple (2 main buttons, central wheel + button and "back" button on the left side*). I customize this side button so it acts as an easily accessible middle click instead.
However, the downside of this particular mouse is: Durability & quality. I keep 3 in use at any given moment with one being my main, i.e. 1 work mouse, 1 stays in my backpack for travel/meetings and 1 at home. I've purchased 6 (soon to be 7) ever since I've started using it maybe 4-5 years ago and have failures with them over time. The main flaw usually is in the scroll wheel which either gets dirty and locks up due to skin buildup over time (could be resolved maybe by cleaning*, but more on that later) or the buttons fail. The failing buttons usually manifest themselves over time by proxy of either starting to double click or no longer clicking at all.
* Note: You will not be able to dismantle this mouse if you want to clean it. The reason for this is because you must first remove the plastic contacts that are on the front/back edges of the mouse which are intended to allow for smooth movement across your mousepad. Unfortunately, they are basically just thick stickers and cannot be removed without slightly damaging them (as they will curl from the pressure of removal or just get bent) and there will be sticky residue left over on the edges, causing the mouse to stick/hang if you reapply; assuming the sticker sticks well after reapplication.