BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 19, 2016
Chatpad [A+]
This is the exact same chatpad as the old XBOX 360 classic white chatpad. This black version has hard keys that are easy to find with your fingers without having to look at the chatpad and the keys don't go sideways on you like the soft key chatpads I've tried (and regretted). The individual letters light up just like the white version. It also has the light behind the orange and green symbols and buttons. If you like the old white chatpad, this is the one to replace it with.

Headset [A]
Comfort:
You'll probably need to bend the headband to stretch it out. After a while it will feed like you're not wearing it. It's very lightweight compared to some of my headsets (that have two speakers). You can wear it on your left or right ear - the mic wand rotates all the way around to both sides.
Quality:
It's decent. The Friends in the Parties I've been in have all said it's fine and sounds just like the headset I normally use. I like the one-ear when I want to hear other things that are going on in the room, when I have music playing, etc. If you don't want to hear anything except the game and people in chat, then get a two-ear set and keep this headset in a drawer somewhere for when you need a backup.
Complaint About Plug:
This headset has the new standard single audio plug - not the old style plug with two plastic things on each side. The mute switch is large and slides On/Off. It's on a dongle in the middle of the audio cable along with the rotating volume control dial. I prefer the old style where mute and volume were at the base of the plug and you always knew exactly where it was at instead of having to look down and try to find the dongle on the cable like you have to with the new style.

Overall [A]
I'm very happy with the purchase. I would've paid $20 for the chatpad by itself. It's easily worth that much. Having the headset thrown in is a nice plus.
on April 3, 2017
I love this Chatpad so much I got the new one for the Xbox One as well! My sister has been borrowing my 360 for awhile now, and even after all these years this Chatpad continues to function. I also highly recommend the new model for the Xbox One if you have one of those; it is even better than this one and I use it all the time when gaming!

Xbox One Chatpad + Chat Headset (plugs directly into Chatpad)
on December 30, 2010
I wanted to play Xbox Live online with my friends on Christmas Day with my new 4GB Xbox 360, but I hadn't realized that it doesn't come with a headset. For just a few dollars more than the headset, you can get a headset and a nice, backlit QWERTY chatpad.

The layout is a little awkward- for example, apostrophes are square + J. Not that it's a big deal, you get used to it quickly. Oddly enough, when it's attached to my controller, it looks like a modern Atari Jaguar controller.

The chatpad isn't limited to Facebook and Twitter as the box may suggest; you can use it anytime the on-screen keyboard pops up. I also noticed that pressing A, B, X, and Y on the chatpad do the same as their colored button counterparts when there's no on-screen keyboard.

Bottom line: if you need a headset, just get this. On the occasion that you need to type something, it's so much better to tap it out on the chatpad than using the D-pad at 4 words per minute.
on April 4, 2013
This is a great product. I got tired to individually selecting each letter on the xbox controller, and this chatpad helps me search netflix movies, youtube clips, and general functions with ease. It fits snugly on the OEM controllers, and allows various microphones to be easily attached. I've dropped the controller a few times with the chatpad attached, it still works like a gem. If anyone is used to qwerty keyboards, this is perfect. My friends love it as well when we have get-togethers,

Pros.
-Keypad lights up.
-Easy to type of all hand types
-Doesn't get in the way of regular gaming

Cons
- It adds some weight to the xbox controller (just being nit-picky)

Overall
My friends and I love this product, and it comes with an additional mic, which i keep as a spare.
on June 5, 2014
When my original Xbox 360 headset's wire broke, I looked immediately for a replacement. At most stores, a replacement oficial headset by itself retails for $20. When I saw this combo pack of the headset and the chatpad, a peripheral I'd always liked but never owned, it made this even more of a no-brainer.

The headset works just as you expect it to, but the chatpad is a wonderful bonus. Typing messages or entering redemption codes is now a LOT easier than it was before, and with a price of $5 less than the headset alone, it's hard to justify not getting it, especially if you have only one of these items already.
on July 9, 2015
I purchased the Xbox 360 Chatpad as a Christmas gift for my husband. He was seriously annoyed with how long it took to type on-screen…it has made it so much easier for him to enter login credentials, payment information, search criteria and send messages to other gamers.
We have now owned the Chatpad for 5 years and it has held up to being repeatedly dropped onto tile floors, two moves across the country and back and LOTS of general use. It was easy to attach to the Xbox 360 controller and stays put. It gets cleaned occasionally with a damp cloth to keep it looking new. Although he already had a headset, my husband was glad to have one included with the Chatpad in the event his other one was lost or broken. Like the Chatpad, the headset has lasted well with no problems.
This product is an excellent value and great quality. We expect to use it until the Xbox 360 no longer works.
VINE VOICEon December 31, 2013
It's not just for chatting, either. You can use this on your SMART TV to do anything where you have to search and type.

Or, you can keep moving a box around letters and numbers and pressing each one, each time you want to enter something - WHAT A WASTE OF TIME THAT WAS.

Now you have a nice headset, too. And, the device fits perfectly into the Xbox controller.

Most highly recommended!
Enthusiast: Bakingon December 30, 2015
I am already enjoying the ease of using the chatpad!!! I cannot believe I waited so long to get one-well worth the money. I am not using the headset though as I have a pair of TB Earforce XP400's. The chatpad just makes it so much easier than trying to use the directional buttons on the controller to write or respond to an E-mail and so on.
on February 15, 2013
The Xbox 360 Chatpad kit that I received included the chatpad itself and the headset as advertised. The chatpad is magnificent! The keys are back-light and that makes it easier to see. Also, my search time improved over 9000 fold. Now I can search by typing as if I were texting; chatpad has a QWERTY style keyboard. It also has the those symbols and special characters for other languages such as English, Spanish, and French. Makes searching Bing, Netflix, Hulu, and others a breeze.

The headset is pretty nifty too. It has an on / off switch and volume combo on the wire. I play on my PC using the Xbox 360 wireless controller with wireless receiver for Windows. Once the lastest drivers were installed, Windows 7 recognized not only the controller, but the wired headset plugged into the wireless controller! I ran the "set up a microphone" wizard and calibrated it and the Xbox 360 wired headset is working great!

This was a Win-Win for me. Xbox 360 wired headset works on Xbox 360 and PC. Awesome!
on January 3, 2012
I got this because the other headsets I bought either broke, or wore out. I got it because of the chatpad, which works great, after making sure it's connected properly. It took a couple tries, and my husband was ready to give up in frustration, when I disconnected it, then firmly reconnected it, then the chatpad lit up, and I started typing him a message about how I got it to work. The added headset was a major bonus and deciding factor in buying this. I searched and bought a chatpad, and a headset came with it. That too, took a couple tries to work, but once again, I figured it out. I might buy another set, just to watch my husband get frustrated when I figure it out.