Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 620 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 674 reviews
on January 4, 2017
I got this cable to hook up an Xbox 360S to my father's older TV without HDMI because I was tired of the Component-HDMI converter box causing headaches. It wouldn't work with dedicated streaming devices (i.e. Fire TV Stick or Chromecast), Roku's last component-out capable box is so old it doesn't support most apps (incl. HBO Go), and the last "Smart" blu-ray player I could buy with component-out finally bit the dust. So I busted out my old Xbox 360, hooked it up with this cable, and voila! Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, HBO Go, YouTube, etc. All streaming to an old tube TV.

Not much to say about the cables themselves other than that they work on the Xbox 360 (check that your 360 didn't already come with this cable) and the Xbox 360 Slim. I used these to connect a 360S to an old Toshiba HD CRT display that doesn't have HDMI, and the only issue was getting 1080p to work. I am still not sure if it's a compatibility issue with the TV, or they limit component output to 1080i, but in the Xbox's settings, the highest it would go and still display a picture was 1080i (despite other sources running 1080p). It still looks sharp, and it's a pretty old TV, so I certainly can't complain.

NOTE:
There were some mentions of cables arriving not as pictured; I received the same official MS cables in grey as the image, (the same ones that had come with a previous 360).
on December 31, 2014
Since it's almost 2015, I thought I'd do my review of this before the New Year starts. As a backstory, I was finishing up my undergraduate degree and my Xbox 360's HD video cable bit the dust after several years of working. I ordered around the time of my Spring Break in March. It arrived within the time frame given, and while it was a little bit boring at times waiting for it to arrive, it eventually came. I had it mailed to my address at my college, and checked my mail one day and found that it had finally arrived. My experience with Gdreamer, the seller (based in California), was good, as I tested the cable when I had some free time, and it worked fine. It came in a sealed USPS First-Class package, and survived the trip. It helped make my final semester of college enjoyable, and also helped me get more out of my 360.

To clarify, in the event that someone reading this has one of the two more recent versions of the 360, my Xbox is the second-generation 360, which is the same size as the first one, but has improved cooling fans and other things which prevent the Red Ring of Death (RROD). This cable is meant for the first two or so generations of 360's. The newer Xbox 360's may or may not work with it.
on August 20, 2016
Everyday Primer No BS Review

Pros:
* Official OEM Cable
* Cheap
* Great cable always buy OEM if you can

Cons:
* None

Final Verdict:
* If you need a cable to play Xbox 360 on a Component TV buy this!
on October 14, 2014
The Microsoft XBOX 360 Component HD AV cable I ordered through Amazon was what I expected. It got delivered between the dates that were provided. It works very well on my children's XBOX 360 and it has an extra switch on it that the old cable that it replaced did not have, as of turning the cable on or off.. It also have extra plug-ins that the old cable did not have that came with the XBOX. The cable works very well for the game, the TV and if I want to use it on radio, DVD etc. Very satisfied. I can say of all the things I've been ordering through Amazon, I have been very satisfied with all of them with shipping time, prices, easy ordering, comparing and the item itself. They also sent me a free gift for being such a great and satisfying customer.
on November 4, 2016
These cables work as well as the out-of-the box cables that come with the original console. If you have an older TV that doesn't give you the option for an HDMI input then these cables will definitely do the trick. Using my console with these cables on my old CRT worked flawlessly and I noticed no lag in video. The product and housing of the cables looks and feels identical to the original component as well. Even the color is exactly the same.
on March 1, 2014
I purchased this item so I would be able to move my Xbox 360 from one room to another without the need to move all of the wires along with it. After I received it, I took it out of the package, saw it looked okay and sat it on the shelf until I was ready to move my Xbox to another room (which was months later, I have been remodeling).
When I did go to hook it up, I saw that it DOES NOT HAVE THE YELLOW CONNECTOR THAT IS IN THE PHOTO, THEREFORE, IT DOES NOT WORK AND IS NOT AS DESCRIBED.
I contacted the seller and they IGNORED me. Now, I find that it's too late to return the item, which is BS.

Do not buy from this seller. If they would sell something not as described and ignore customers emails, then they are not honest. They take your money and run.
on December 18, 2012
We have two TVs, one is a newer plasma with HDMI connectors, and is downstairs; the other TV is an older older HD 1080i CRT TV, and is upstairs, which naturally, only has component video in. Guess which one the wife gets to use, yep the nice new plasma with HDMI connectors. So to get the best picture for my gaming experience I needed to get component video cables. These were inexpensive and advertised as Microsoft OEM, so I picked them up. (For $400 bucks you would think MS could have included these cables instead of the RCA only cables.)

The seller was great, the price was very competitive, parts were in stock, the order was processed promptly, arrived quickly and in one piece. I was not disappointed; I plugged them in, adjusted the settings on my Xbox, and voila beautiful 1080i HD picture. Bonus is the cable has a fiber optic audio cable port which I use to connect to my surround sound system.

If you need component video for your XBox 360 Slim, these are the right cables.
on November 12, 2011
Actually, deny what many would have you think, this is a genuine Microsoft cable. Also, as the price and reviews suggest, this cable is probably used. Mine did not come in the original package, and did appear to be slightly discolored. Again, not because it's a "fake" cable, but because it's not new. I don't know how to prove that it's used, but i can definitely tell you that it has some age. Other than that, the cable is perfect. Works great, no problems. I bought this cable because I ran out of HDMI ports on my TV, but had plenty of spare Component ports. This cable is capable of displaying 1080p for games, but only 1080i for content from Zune. This may not be an issue for you if your TV is smaller than 50 inches(like mine) or if your TV isn't capable of handling more than 720p over component(like most older HDTV units). I would not hesitate to buy this cable again, because it works with no problems and saved me tons of money. Remember, HDMI = Waste of Money.
on October 1, 2014
This cheap "cable" object allowed me to connect an eight-year-old Microsoft Xbox 360 to a five-year-old Sylvania small flat-screen TV. I use the Xbox to watch DVD discs. The only way I could have bought the "cable" was on Amazon. I tried Best Buy and Fry's Electronics. They didn't have it in stock, nor could they have back-ordered it for me. I tried some mom-and-pop electronics stores with equal lack of success, and this was in Los Angeles County, California. If you are outside of a major metropolitan area in the United States, You need to buy this item on Amazon. It is cheap and it ships very quickly.
on May 24, 2017
Good product and fast shipping, I'm really enjoying this.