Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 24, 2016
There is no substitute for the original. I tried off brands and it was just a waste of money and time.
The controller offers a very nice firmness on the thumb sticks that no other can compare to not to mention the modular design that fits perfectly into your hands.
The thumb sticks also have indentions to prevent slipping when fast movement is required.
The controller is also compatible with any Windows system so you can enjoy your PC gaming the same as with your console.
They have also implemented the quick detach extension just in case it gets snagged or someone walks and trips over the cord.
Easy identifiable buttons and firm pressure springs makes this controller a pleasure to play with.
Overall the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows delivers a consistent and universal gaming experience across both of Microsoft's gaming systems.

If you haven't tried Amazon Prime, your really missing out on so much. From extremely fast shipping, no hassle free returns to amazing selection of music and an unbeatable video streaming selection. Give it a try today!

If you found my review to be of help, please click the "helpful" button below. It helps my Disabled Veterans Group with needed supplies.

review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
11 comment| 266 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 17, 2017
This is one of the best controllers out there for PC, especially for this price range (It's easy to take apart for cleaning or replace parts if they ever wear out).

I love the wired controller more than the wireless (as with all my PC peripherals), I don't have to worry about replacing batteries/recharging, weak or delayed signal, it's cheaper price, cord is plenty long at 10 feet & it uses standard Phillips screws instead of torx security screws (unlike its wireless version).

I just replaced my original 12 year old Xbox 360 controller for a new one (yes it lasted me that long & I used it all the time. lol), everything still functions like new except for the left analog, which has just started to wear out (drifting issues). I ordered some new analog sensors & thumb sticks for $3(ebay) & plan on restoring it (requires soldering).

I strongly advise modifying the D-pad as it's pretty bad as is. It's so mushy & un-responsive, it's okay for games that only use it for menu options but for anything else like fighting games or anything that requires precision controls it's really bad.

A simple fix, take apart the controller (uses standard Phillips screws) cut out a plastic circle from a peanuts tin lid or principles can lid, poke a hole in center. Then place it under the rubber button membrane pad, reassemble & done. I Provided pics to demonstrate with my old controller as I didn't want to take apart the new one again. It works so much better once this is done. Everything else about this controller is great, it's a very solid & responsive controller, high quality feel & like I said earlier, my previous one lasted 12 years before having any issues.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on January 8, 2012
I bought this controller because I needed something that was truely plug and play. It works flawlessly on my Windows 7 Professional 64 bit laptop. I chose the "For Windows" version of the XBOX 360 controller simply because I didn't want to take a chance with other controllers not being recognized or working incorrectly. I don't have an XBOX 360 and wanted this specifically for my Windows computer. It is a perfect match! This controller is recognized immediately by Windows which installs the drivers automatically. If you want you can also go to the Microsoft website and download the latest software/drivers too.

The controller itself works as described with no problems whatsoever. I am using this controller along with another XBOX 360 controller to play multiplayer games on a Nintendo 64 emulator (Project 64) on my PC. Assigning the buttons is easy, but the rumble does not work without installing a plugin (not the controllers fault, just letting you know). I don't mind not having rumble at the moment as it does not affect game play and will install the necessary rumble plugin some day. This controller also works with many other PC games.

I highly recommend a Microsoft controller over a third-party controller! The quality is worth the money. I also recommend going with this USB wired controller over a wireless version so you don't have to bother with batteries or charging. Its simply plug and play and I can't really ask for more than that. Great controller for Windows computers, buy this one!
77 comments| 366 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 3, 2017
This controller worked great for about 2 months. Then it began randomly disconnecting. I believe it has to do with where the wire enters the controller itself... sometimes I can get it to 'reconnect' by fiddling with this part of the cable. Unfortunately, amazon won't let me exchange it even though it is barely used. I just got this mid-august and it went bad mid-october. Now even to buy a new one they want about $9 more than what I paid. I guess I'll look for a different brand, but I was expecting much better quality for the OEM controller than this.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 27, 2015
My son set up a xbox at my house for the grandkids to use when they visit.. so I decided to pick up an extra controller. I bought this solely for use with the xbox console and it wasn't till after I received it that I realized it could double and be used on the computer also.

I am not a techie person.. but I just wanted to say that it works great with the console.. the grandkids have not had any complaints about it at all.. it stays plugged in and seems to work flawlessly with all the games they have played. A endurance test will start tomorrow when they will be here for school break for the whole week, three youngsters and one xbox.. so I am sure the controller is going to get a work out

If I discover any thing more about the use of the controller after it has logged in some serious hours.. I will update this review. But for now.. it appears to be a really nice duel purpose controller.
on July 21, 2017
This controller is perfectly good for PC gaming still in the year 2017. Sure having a newer xbox one controller might seem well and good but don't count out the 360 controller just yet. It's cheaper and uses a hardwired connection with a USB port connection at the end. Bluetooth and wireless may seem well and good if you want to have fun fumbling with batteries every few months. This is a cost efficient alternative to splurging on a wireless xbox one controller for PC. If you don't have a motherboard that supports bluetooth this is your controller. Compared to the extra cost of batteries and a wireless usb dongle for a xbox one wireless controller I'd rather deal with the extra feet of cable that is connected to this controller.
on July 3, 2017
The joysticks squeak but I got it for cheap and they don't make these anymore so I'm happy with it. Will lube them up at some point so it stops annoying me. The original controllers are always the best since the joysticks are the most accurate. The replacement joysticks that they sell for these controller are not OE and aren't anywhere near the quality or precision of the original Microsoft controller so beware of joystick replacement parts even if they claim to be OEM!

Last controller I had lasted a few years before the joystick getting weak and even with that it still works.
on October 9, 2016
It's a 360 controller, it's mostly great. I might have gotten a defective one though because the left analog stick doesn't play nice when I try to make slight movements in any direction. It seems to either go really slow or really fast and doesn't have a good gradient depending on how far you push the stick in any direction. Also the directional pad is a bit inaccurate. I would go for the newer XBOX One controller for PC if I were you. I should have just RMA'd it now that I think about it. Only knocking one star since it might just be this controller malfunctioning.
on June 3, 2016
This is the "default controller" for myself and a lot of other people. They feel good and natural. I prefer this to the wireless controller because the cable is long, it's lighter, cheaper, more responsive feeling, and works with my PC right out of the box. The reason I'm only giving it 4 stars is because I've had to buy a new one every couple of years. The rubber piece connected to the base of the controller is super firm and creates a pinching point for the wire. which will slowly distress the wire there until it rips.

I will say though I compared my recently bought one to my old controller before I threw it out and that piece seems slightly more flexible. HOPEFULLY this problem has been resolved but its too early to tell.
on October 9, 2017
This controller is sturdy and fits my hands well. Comfortable to use. Works right away in Windows 7 64-bit with any game I throw at it. The sticks and buttons work well. The trigger travel is good.

My only complaint is the d-pad is vague and it's hard to hit directions precisely. For example in Mortal Kombat X you need to do combinations like left, right, punch but it's hard to hit left then right precisely. And many moves are more complicated than that, so it doesn't work well for that.