Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning kidsevergreen kidsevergreen kidsevergreen  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 6,039 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 6,330 reviews
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 24, 2016
There is no substitute for the original. I tried off brands and it was just a waste of money and time.
The controller offers a very nice firmness on the thumb sticks that no other can compare to not to mention the modular design that fits perfectly into your hands.
The thumb sticks also have indentions to prevent slipping when fast movement is required.
The controller is also compatible with any Windows system so you can enjoy your PC gaming the same as with your console.
They have also implemented the quick detach extension just in case it gets snagged or someone walks and trips over the cord.
Easy identifiable buttons and firm pressure springs makes this controller a pleasure to play with.
Overall the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows delivers a consistent and universal gaming experience across both of Microsoft's gaming systems.

If you haven't tried Amazon Prime, your really missing out on so much. From extremely fast shipping, no hassle free returns to amazing selection of music and an unbeatable video streaming selection. Give it a try today!

If you found my review to be of help, please click the "helpful" button below. It helps my Disabled Veterans Group with needed supplies.

review image review image review image review image
11 comment| 213 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2015
Received knock-off, brand-less controller labeled TY-G403A that was much cheaper and obviously not official.
review image
88 comments| 296 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 27, 2016
THIRD game pad I've tried on my PC. First was Logitech basic wired, second was top-of-the-line Logitech wireless. Didn't care much for either one, but figured it was just me not adapting well. Then someone suggested this one, and I gotta tell you, it's a HUGE difference. The buttons and sticks feel much more solid. The wire is slightly annoying, but during play I don't notice it (just when I have to plug it in and arrange it before play). And the Logitech Wireless pad had noticeable delays and missed moves, even though the controller was literally three feet from the dongle. The left-side joystick and 4-direction are reversed, which meant I had to re-learn some moves, but it's been TOTALLY worth it. Also, this one is slightly bigger and fits my hands much better. I'd like it a bit larger, but then, I have large hands. Still, it's far more comfortable than the others.
on March 30, 2017
I purchased this in novermber of 2015 and just recently couldn't take the left thumb stick ghosting anymore, so I ordered a cheap T8 screw driver and tried to take it apart to clean it... I forgot there's usually always a hidden screw underneath a sticker that voids any warranty... anyways I proceeded to unscrew all the visible screws and I I ended up getting frustrated and snapped the back of the case in two (by accident) [epic fail]... so here I am with the controller taken apart as I wanted—kinda and I find out that one of the vibration thingamajigs were unsoldered/broken apart. I don't know if I did that or that the wiring is just too weak... they are pretty thin wires.... uh so anyway I take the thumb stick off and find out I can't get my qtip with rubbing alcohol in the spots I need to clean it... so here I am again with a broken apart controller, no soldering equip, no compressed air and a left thumb stick that is still ghosting like heck... I hope this may be relatable to someone then again it's probably all my fault... I wonder if it'd be cheaper to just order the soldering equipment and compressed air at this point.
on May 28, 2014
It worked great, but after 30-some days, it wouldn't even power on. I tried it on another computer, and it still didn't work. My friend's controller worked fine. So, it was definitely the controller that had the issue. I take really good care of my electronics, too. I decided it needed to be replaced under warranty. Since it was past 30 days, I couldn't replace it through Amazon. I had to replace it through Microsoft. The device is supposed to have a 90-day warranty, but Xbox support didn't know how to handle it, since I don't own an Xbox. Apparently, they usually link service requests to your Xbox. After talking with Microsoft for over 2 hours, being sent to 4 different departments, and talking with 6 different representatives, I got a representative that knew how to handle it. Moral of the story: buy your Xbox 360 Controller for Windows from a Microsoft Store. This was the worst customer service experience I've ever had.
on May 28, 2015
No need to fret over a wireless receiver it comes with one.
review image review image
on June 20, 2014
I ordered this because it said that it DID come with a usb dongle. When I received mine today, there was no dongle. That makes this controller more expensive than a deal I passed up for this one, makes it useless to me currently, and makes it much more expensive than a one that legitimately comes with a dongle as others have posted because it would require a purchase of dongle itself. This was a sold by GPSTOCK and fulfillment by amazon. Yes, this is the fault of GPStock for not sending what was advertized, but it is also the fault of amazon for not confirming their products are the same as the product page of the item claiming to be sold. This might work if I had a usb dongle, but I currently have a $40 falsely advertised paper weight.

I dont know about other sellers of this item, but DO NOT BY FROM GPSTOCK.

EDIT: the following was the response I received from GPStock:

"I would like to apologize on behalf of the whole GPStock Team. We are new to amazon seller central and have made a genuine mistake. We listed our product as Xbox controller for Windows which misled many of our customers into believing that we would be including the USB receiver. Although we did not write in our product description that the receiver would be included, we now see how customers would assume it would be. Therefore we would like to offer to send you a free receiver to make up for our mistake. We will also be changing our Product name, along with adding an ultra-clear descriptions and product images to ensure that there will be no more situations like this. Hopefully by the end of the week, all changes will be made because Amazon is slow with re-instating blocked accounts. So, please send us your address so we can send the USB receiver as soon as possible."
44 comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 1, 2015
Best PC controllers for your money.

Wired XBox One controllers for PC are supposedly better, but Wireless XBox One Controllers for PC aren't an option (yet). They cost more, too.

The included calibration software is useful. The included CD is pretty much useless, since you'll download the latest drivers via Windows Update anyways (or via their own website).

Great for platformer games and oldschool videogame emulators, and even arcade-port games for PC (like Metal Slug).

Please note that you do need to configure the directional pad (d-pad) to include Up+Right, Up+Left, Down+Right and Down+Left in your emulator or game settings. The directional pad is an 8-way d-pad, so Up-Right will not automatically is not Up and Right held down together.

This is great for playing games on the TV with your PC, or for split-screen co-op games (couch-co op). (Look up the Reddit page on couch coop games for PC if you're buying one of these. Then wait for next Steam Sale.)
on July 21, 2017
This controller is perfectly good for PC gaming still in the year 2017. Sure having a newer xbox one controller might seem well and good but don't count out the 360 controller just yet. It's cheaper and uses a hardwired connection with a USB port connection at the end. Bluetooth and wireless may seem well and good if you want to have fun fumbling with batteries every few months. This is a cost efficient alternative to splurging on a wireless xbox one controller for PC. If you don't have a motherboard that supports bluetooth this is your controller. Compared to the extra cost of batteries and a wireless usb dongle for a xbox one wireless controller I'd rather deal with the extra feet of cable that is connected to this controller.
on June 4, 2014
I got this for two reasons, the HTPC and the Amazon Fire TV box I just purchased.

After two days, here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
1. Amazing distance.
2. Worked out of the box. (seriously, super easy)
3. Works with most apps.

Cons:
1. The Xbox light flashes constantly! Seriously, that light is annoying in dimly lit rooms. I believe it's waiting for a "callback," of sorts, so that it knows what "player number" it's supposed to be. It never gets that number, so the controller always thinks it's connecting even though it's connected and working. Not sure if this will cause it to blow through the batteries quicker or not.
2. Takes up the ONE usb port on the FTV to use it.
3. Packaged with a charging kit would have been nice... but you can't have everything at this price!

Other than that, it's perfect. It's just that light... ugh.