Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 5,928 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 6,205 reviews
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 24, 2016
There is no substitute for the original. I tried off brands and it was just a waste of money and time.
The controller offers a very nice firmness on the thumb sticks that no other can compare to not to mention the modular design that fits perfectly into your hands.
The thumb sticks also have indentions to prevent slipping when fast movement is required.
The controller is also compatible with any Windows system so you can enjoy your PC gaming the same as with your console.
They have also implemented the quick detach extension just in case it gets snagged or someone walks and trips over the cord.
Easy identifiable buttons and firm pressure springs makes this controller a pleasure to play with.
Overall the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows delivers a consistent and universal gaming experience across both of Microsoft's gaming systems.

If you haven't tried Amazon Prime, your really missing out on so much. From extremely fast shipping, no hassle free returns to amazing selection of music and an unbeatable video streaming selection. Give it a try today!

If you found my review to be of help, please click the "helpful" button below. It helps my Disabled Veterans Group with needed supplies.

review image review image review image review image
11 comment| 156 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2012
I bought this controller because I needed something that was truely plug and play. It works flawlessly on my Windows 7 Professional 64 bit laptop. I chose the "For Windows" version of the XBOX 360 controller simply because I didn't want to take a chance with other controllers not being recognized or working incorrectly. I don't have an XBOX 360 and wanted this specifically for my Windows computer. It is a perfect match! This controller is recognized immediately by Windows which installs the drivers automatically. If you want you can also go to the Microsoft website and download the latest software/drivers too.

The controller itself works as described with no problems whatsoever. I am using this controller along with another XBOX 360 controller to play multiplayer games on a Nintendo 64 emulator (Project 64) on my PC. Assigning the buttons is easy, but the rumble does not work without installing a plugin (not the controllers fault, just letting you know). I don't mind not having rumble at the moment as it does not affect game play and will install the necessary rumble plugin some day. This controller also works with many other PC games.

I highly recommend a Microsoft controller over a third-party controller! The quality is worth the money. I also recommend going with this USB wired controller over a wireless version so you don't have to bother with batteries or charging. Its simply plug and play and I can't really ask for more than that. Great controller for Windows computers, buy this one!
77 comments| 363 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2015
Received knock-off, brand-less controller labeled TY-G403A that was much cheaper and obviously not official.
review image
88 comments| 286 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 7, 2016
The controller came in a plastic bag marked as "Used, Very Good" but contained a pretty worn down controller (didn't check if it worked, I knew immediately I'd be returning it regardless) with scratches, crusty crap in the button lettering, worn down nubs on the joysticks, and smoothed glossy plastic from heavy use. It was also missing the dongle for PC, which was the only reason I bought it.

This was by far the worst experience I've ever had buying anything on Amazon; the relatively painless return was the only good thing about this purchase.
on December 28, 2016
Just received the controller today, and I am quite disappointed. The left analog stick is EXTREMELY squeaky...almost comically so. I've owned many OEM 360 controllers in the past and have never even heard of this problem. The controller functions normally as far as I can tell but it's almost too annoying to use.

EDIT: I have put in moderate use with this controller over the past week, and am now forced to return this item. The squeaking did not improve and the left trigger and bumper both started sticking. Is this even an official Microsoft controller??

EDIT(2): Replacement arrived in less than 2 days. Works perfectly. Fully satisfied, Thanks Amazon.
on January 7, 2015
Some people seem to be able to get the real controller by Microsoft when they order this, others receive a cheap knock off. I was one of the others. The wireless adapter should have a sync button and the controller itself should also have a sync button. Neither of these are available on the cheap knock off and you cannot use it with an Xbox 360 since there is no sync button. The packaging also advertises it is Android compatible. If you had any doubts this was an imitation, that alone should be enough to confirm it is. If you notice that the controller comes in some rather cheap clamshell packaging, feels a bit lighter in your hand and has no sync button, return it right away. Nearly $50 is not a good value for the cheap knock off version when you are being sold the official Microsoft version.

If you want to avoid the possibility of having to return this, just order a regular wireless xbox controller and get a wireless adapter separate for your PC needs.
review image
66 comments| 169 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 17, 2017
This is one of the best controllers out there for PC, especially for this price range (It's easy to take apart for cleaning or replace parts if they ever wear out).

I love the wired controller more than the wireless (as with all my PC peripherals), I don't have to worry about replacing batteries/recharging, weak or delayed signal, it's cheaper price, cord is plenty long at 10 feet & it uses standard Phillips screws instead of torx security screws (unlike its wireless version).

I just replaced my original 12 year old Xbox 360 controller for a new one (yes it lasted me that long & I used it all the time. lol), everything still functions like new except for the left analog, which has just started to wear out (drifting issues). I ordered some new analog sensors & thumb sticks for $3(ebay) & plan on restoring it (requires soldering).

I strongly advise modifying the D-pad as it's pretty bad as is. It's so mushy & un-responsive, it's okay for games that only use it for menu options but for anything else like fighting games or anything that requires precision controls it's really bad.

A simple fix, take apart the controller (uses standard Phillips screws) cut out a plastic circle from a peanuts tin lid or principles can lid, poke a hole in center. Then place it under the rubber button membrane pad, reassemble & done. I Provided pics to demonstrate with my old controller as I didn't want to take apart the new one again. It works so much better once this is done. Everything else about this controller is great, it's a very solid & responsive controller, high quality feel & like I said earlier, my previous one lasted 12 years before having any issues.
review image review image review image review image
on July 19, 2016
I was hesitant to purchase this with some of the reviews about knock-offs, but when I ordered this controller a few days ago it was listed as a Microsoft product being *sold* by Amazon (not just fulfilled by Amazon) and it was about seven bucks more expensive than what is currently listed on this page. The controller that arrived seems legit and it works (after downloading mac drivers). So if the version of this page shows the controller as being *sold* directly by Amazon rather than a third party, I think odds of not getting a knock off are better.
on September 8, 2015
If you're looking for a streamlined and hassle-free way to game (especially on Steam) on your Windows PC with a wireless remote control. This is it!

This product sold by AMAZON came with the official licensed Microsoft USB Dongle. This is probably the most important part to the entire set-up.

Sure, there are many similar USB Dongles sold by 3rd parties. However, the one provided by Microsoft is the most reliable (consistent connection and good distance) and of better build quality than any others I've used in the past. At the very least, try to get that.

For my HTPC, I previously used a Playstation DualShock4 controller via Bluetooth mapped by the DS4 for Windows program. I had the Kinivo bluetooth adapter. It worked great, the 'trackpad' on the PS4 was helpful (though a bit sensitive) without needing to use a keyboard/mouse. However, the latency and connection was always questionable. The best way to use it was via 20-30ft USB cord...otherwise, the connectivity is finicky and can be choppy.

While I do miss the trackpad, connectivity and reliability with the XBOX 360 controller has been OUTSTANDING. Now I can complete my moves (or blocks in most cases) on Shadow of Mordor with being killed because the receiver did not recognize my command on time...

Go with this, you won't be disappointed. Unlike some vendors, the one sold by AMAZON DOES provide the USB Dongle to be used with PCs. Otherwise, you can connect as normal if used with the XBOX System.
on April 25, 2017
I was not only hoping but expecting a quality product, as this is OEM. However, even though the product cosmetically was fine, it did not function well at all on PC. Both joysticks had a lot of play, and didn't return to center by themselves. Not too big of a problem. It was usually close enough to center that most games wouldn't register movement. My big issue is with the left joystick's alignment. It's as if both axes (X and Y) were tilted several degrees to the right. Meaning when I push perfectly forward on the joystick, my character runs a little to the right. In other words, if I pushed the joystick to 12 o' clock, the computer registers the joystick pointing to about 2 o' clock. If I pull backwards on it, the character comes backwards to the left (registering 8 o' clock instead of 6). Calibrating it helped exactly nothing, and Microsoft's XBox Accessories App didn't even recognize this as a controller... In the Windows calibration you can see the visual representation of the joystick, and it was always off. If I pushed right, it registered right and down, if I pushed left, it registered left and up... Needless to say that trying to play games like this was pointless. If I wanted to play games with the whole controller tilted left, maybe the joystick would be usable, but as it was out of the box and despite trying different drivers, different USB ports, etc., this controller was pretty much useless. As such, I returned it... And due to almost countless bad things I hear everywhere about the XBox One controller (one of the reasons I got this one instead) I unfortunately don't think I'll be returning for a Microsoft product. Luckily I seem to be one of few with a negative experience with this controller, but it's made me wary enough to look elsewhere for a replacement.