Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Acoutsic Christmas STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 24, 2016
There is no substitute for the original. I tried off brands and it was just a waste of money and time.
The controller offers a very nice firmness on the thumb sticks that no other can compare to not to mention the modular design that fits perfectly into your hands.
The thumb sticks also have indentions to prevent slipping when fast movement is required.
The controller is also compatible with any Windows system so you can enjoy your PC gaming the same as with your console.
They have also implemented the quick detach extension just in case it gets snagged or someone walks and trips over the cord.
Easy identifiable buttons and firm pressure springs makes this controller a pleasure to play with.
Overall the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows delivers a consistent and universal gaming experience across both of Microsoft's gaming systems.

If you haven't tried Amazon Prime, your really missing out on so much. From extremely fast shipping, no hassle free returns to amazing selection of music and an unbeatable video streaming selection. Give it a try today!

If you found my review to be of help, please click the "helpful" button below. It helps my Disabled Veterans Group with needed supplies.

review image review image review image review image
11 comment| 257 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 7, 2017
The Xbox 360 is a reliable, accurate, and great controller for all of the gaming you'll do on your Xbox 360 Console!
The controller is comfortable to the hands, easy to hold, easy on the fingers, provides a great location for every button you'll need for every game the system has to offer!

I've used a single Xbox 360 controller for years before any signs of use started to show, and the buttons and control sticks started to become harder to use. The left joystick showed the only signs of wear, in that it would have a constant forward push (noticed on the system dashboard or in a game only) and could some times be corrected.

The controller I used never once had to be cleaned, and usually, any cleaning would be limited to just a simple cloth to clean off any dust. The A, B, X, Y, R, RB, L, LB, Start, Select, and Dashboard buttons never showed any signs of wear or use, and functioned great!

Definitely recommend this controller, as it lasts for years before any signs of needing replacement ever shows!
review image
on February 18, 2015
For Windows 8/8.1 users...I was about ready to give up trying to make this controller work on my Windows 8.1 desktop. I was just about ready to send it back after reading that many others were having the same problem. Assuming the transceiver is listed in 'Devices and Printers' (in Control Panel) but the controller isn't registering with the transceiver then the following method worked for me and the controller/gamepad is working perfectly now. I found this method mentioned by one of the Community Discussion entries on the Microsoft compatibility page for the Xbox 360 wireless controller. Microsoft 'documentation' for this controller is pitiful or non-existent..they don't even tell you where the sync button is on the controller to effect the method listed below.....it's a small button on the very front of the controller. (You may have to hold them both down for a few seconds until the green light on the controller stops spinning and remains constant.) The controller/gamepad works great but I'm subtracting a star because Microsoft does such a poor job of supporting their own products. Hope this saves some folks the frustration I experienced.

Method 1 :
Synchronizing
To do this you need both the controller and the PC powered on and the wireless adaptor plugged in. Then press the sync button on both devices.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 27, 2015
My son set up a xbox at my house for the grandkids to use when they visit.. so I decided to pick up an extra controller. I bought this solely for use with the xbox console and it wasn't till after I received it that I realized it could double and be used on the computer also.

I am not a techie person.. but I just wanted to say that it works great with the console.. the grandkids have not had any complaints about it at all.. it stays plugged in and seems to work flawlessly with all the games they have played. A endurance test will start tomorrow when they will be here for school break for the whole week, three youngsters and one xbox.. so I am sure the controller is going to get a work out

If I discover any thing more about the use of the controller after it has logged in some serious hours.. I will update this review. But for now.. it appears to be a really nice duel purpose controller.
on November 7, 2015
I picked this up so I could play some different PC games without a keyboard and mouse and have been super happy with it.

The control feels great in my hand and the setup process was next to nothing. I just plugged the included USB dongle into a USB port on my PC and waited for the drivers to install and I was up and running in less than a minute.

The logo in the middle of the controller has a ring around it to let you know which player you are and will even tell you when the batteries are getting low by doing a light chase around the logo.

What I found out a while later is that you can go to your local store and pick up additional controllers and connect them to the existing dongle! This makes it SO much easier for your friends to bring a controller if they have one and not have to bring more USB plugs for your PC. It's just a simple sync process between their controller and your dongle and you're playing in no time!
on November 3, 2017
This controller worked great for about 2 months. Then it began randomly disconnecting. I believe it has to do with where the wire enters the controller itself... sometimes I can get it to 'reconnect' by fiddling with this part of the cable. Unfortunately, amazon won't let me exchange it even though it is barely used. I just got this mid-august and it went bad mid-october. Now even to buy a new one they want about $9 more than what I paid. I guess I'll look for a different brand, but I was expecting much better quality for the OEM controller than this.
on August 10, 2016
My computer is in my living room so I am playing games while sitting on a recliner. I was using keyboard and mouse, with the keyboard sitting on top of a pillow on my lap and my trackball mouse on the arm of the chair. This was a bit less than ideal, so I decided to try a controller.
I have not owned a console since the original Nintendo, I went to a PC and never looked back. So, I have never used these new game pads and wasn't sure how I would do with one.

I think I will still use the keyboard and mouse for FPS games like the new DOOM, but this gamepad works great for games such as the Batman series and Rise of the Tomb Raider.

It is nice not having a cord to worry about. I haven't had any connection issues. The gamepad goes to sleep while you're not using it to save battery life. The vibration effect is a cool touch.

I was skeptical on how I would like this, but it's so nice reclining in my chair and playing games without messing with the keyboard and mouse. I have only been using it for about a week, so I cannot speak on battery life. So far, so good.
on March 22, 2016
I bought this controller to use for Skyrim on my laptop. I needed a wired controller to use for my Steam games, and this one was one of the cheapest ones I could find. I'm running Win7 Bootcamp on a 2012 MacBook Pro, and the provided installation disk worked like a dream. There were no hiccups whatsoever while using this controller. It's got a USB port on it so it'll hook straight into your computer. I keep the cord wrapped in the twist-tie when I use it because I don't need 8 feet of cord; only about three feet will do (since I'm using it on my laptop on my desk).

The only problem I have with the controller is that the joysticks are extremely clicky. Like really loud clicky. My roommate isn't too happy about that, but since I'll only be living with her for a few more months, she can deal with it.
on July 16, 2017
For those that are looking at the cheaper alternatives for a controller to use on PC, just go ahead and get this one. The Xbox 360 gamepad layout was, in my opinion, the best controller ever designed. This wired version means that you have responsive, immediate feedback combined with the classic feel of an Xbox 360. Of course, gaming on Windows 10 is designed specifically with this controller layout in mind, making it perfect for everything from Rocket League to Dark Souls.

Seriously, it's cheaper than the Xbox One controller and in my opinion 10x better.
on July 3, 2017
The joysticks squeak but I got it for cheap and they don't make these anymore so I'm happy with it. Will lube them up at some point so it stops annoying me. The original controllers are always the best since the joysticks are the most accurate. The replacement joysticks that they sell for these controller are not OE and aren't anywhere near the quality or precision of the original Microsoft controller so beware of joystick replacement parts even if they claim to be OEM!

Last controller I had lasted a few years before the joystick getting weak and even with that it still works.