Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 6,033 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 6,322 reviews
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 24, 2016
There is no substitute for the original. I tried off brands and it was just a waste of money and time.
The controller offers a very nice firmness on the thumb sticks that no other can compare to not to mention the modular design that fits perfectly into your hands.
The thumb sticks also have indentions to prevent slipping when fast movement is required.
The controller is also compatible with any Windows system so you can enjoy your PC gaming the same as with your console.
They have also implemented the quick detach extension just in case it gets snagged or someone walks and trips over the cord.
Easy identifiable buttons and firm pressure springs makes this controller a pleasure to play with.
Overall the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows delivers a consistent and universal gaming experience across both of Microsoft's gaming systems.

If you haven't tried Amazon Prime, your really missing out on so much. From extremely fast shipping, no hassle free returns to amazing selection of music and an unbeatable video streaming selection. Give it a try today!

If you found my review to be of help, please click the "helpful" button below. It helps my Disabled Veterans Group with needed supplies.

review image review image review image review image
11 comment| 211 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2015
Received knock-off, brand-less controller labeled TY-G403A that was much cheaper and obviously not official.
review image
88 comments| 296 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 30, 2017
This controller works really well with PC games that are compatible with it, but trying to set it up on my 2 year old computer was a mess because this controller, as it turns out is notorious for not being USB 3 compatible. I shouldn't be surprised, in the instructions and on the Microsoft website it says it may be best to plug it in the back of a computer, which for the layman would naturally mean in one of the many USB 2 ports, which is what I did. So consider this a public service announcement if you're having problems with the controller.
I tested this controller with the PC ports of Sleeping Dogs, Fallout New Vegas, and Broforce so I could have a decent sample size, and this controller was very responsive to all those games. Sleeping Dogs is new, and while it recognizes the inputs as if it were an Xbox One controller, you just have to imagine the Start and Back buttons in the place of those nebulous boxes and lines where the Xbox One controller would be. Fallout New Vegas is nearly a decade old, and plays like the console version, and even disables mouse and keyboard so there's no interference. Broforce is an indie game that is almost exclusively controller based, and this controller works fantastically with it's high-paced action which really put to the test. I was able to confirm through extensive play of these three games that I had no problems with controller lag, input, or really anything.
Additionally, the cord is quite long, around maybe 4 foot, so this controller is a viable alternative to the wireless+wireless dongle combo when used in a den-like setting.
on March 4, 2017
I read some negative reviews and was wary, but figured this would be a good controller as it is the real deal from Microsoft. Well, I should have trusted the reviews. I have had this for about 4-5 days and used it for at least a couple hours each day.

Left thumbstick is squeaky, just as other reviews have said. It has gotten quieter than it was in the beginning, but it still squeaks. The d-pad feels stiff and especially the down button, I have to press it very hard sometimes to get it to work. Lastly, the left bumper doesn't always work, which can totally mess up my game. Just messing around with it for a few minutes and testing it, it seems to not activate when I press it down at least 10-20% of the time. If I press it down very hard, of course it works, but that is uncomfortable.

EDIT: It's been almost 4 weeks since I wrote this review. Since then, the left bumper has become much more reliable. I pretty much never have the issue where it doesn't work at all when I press it anymore. The down d-pad button is still stiff and hard to use. I have to press it very hard for it to work. But I don't use it much for the game I play. Overall the controller is starting to feel good now. The squeaking in the left thumbstick has gone away. I can still hear it sometimes if I try to get it to squeak, but it's not obnoxious like it was at first. So I have upgraded my review from 1 to 2 stars. I'm happy with the controller now but I don't think these issues should have been present for so long at the beginning and there is still the issue of the d-pad being stiff.

All in all, this is not a good controller. My old controller felt like it melted into my hands. This feels clunky and uncomfortable because of the problems I mentioned above. Not sure if I'll try and stick with this and hope that the problems get better as I break in the controller, or if I'll just return it. My advice is to steer clear.
on April 27, 2016
THIRD game pad I've tried on my PC. First was Logitech basic wired, second was top-of-the-line Logitech wireless. Didn't care much for either one, but figured it was just me not adapting well. Then someone suggested this one, and I gotta tell you, it's a HUGE difference. The buttons and sticks feel much more solid. The wire is slightly annoying, but during play I don't notice it (just when I have to plug it in and arrange it before play). And the Logitech Wireless pad had noticeable delays and missed moves, even though the controller was literally three feet from the dongle. The left-side joystick and 4-direction are reversed, which meant I had to re-learn some moves, but it's been TOTALLY worth it. Also, this one is slightly bigger and fits my hands much better. I'd like it a bit larger, but then, I have large hands. Still, it's far more comfortable than the others.
on March 30, 2017
I purchased this in novermber of 2015 and just recently couldn't take the left thumb stick ghosting anymore, so I ordered a cheap T8 screw driver and tried to take it apart to clean it... I forgot there's usually always a hidden screw underneath a sticker that voids any warranty... anyways I proceeded to unscrew all the visible screws and I I ended up getting frustrated and snapped the back of the case in two (by accident) [epic fail]... so here I am with the controller taken apart as I wanted—kinda and I find out that one of the vibration thingamajigs were unsoldered/broken apart. I don't know if I did that or that the wiring is just too weak... they are pretty thin wires.... uh so anyway I take the thumb stick off and find out I can't get my qtip with rubbing alcohol in the spots I need to clean it... so here I am again with a broken apart controller, no soldering equip, no compressed air and a left thumb stick that is still ghosting like heck... I hope this may be relatable to someone then again it's probably all my fault... I wonder if it'd be cheaper to just order the soldering equipment and compressed air at this point.
on May 28, 2014
It worked great, but after 30-some days, it wouldn't even power on. I tried it on another computer, and it still didn't work. My friend's controller worked fine. So, it was definitely the controller that had the issue. I take really good care of my electronics, too. I decided it needed to be replaced under warranty. Since it was past 30 days, I couldn't replace it through Amazon. I had to replace it through Microsoft. The device is supposed to have a 90-day warranty, but Xbox support didn't know how to handle it, since I don't own an Xbox. Apparently, they usually link service requests to your Xbox. After talking with Microsoft for over 2 hours, being sent to 4 different departments, and talking with 6 different representatives, I got a representative that knew how to handle it. Moral of the story: buy your Xbox 360 Controller for Windows from a Microsoft Store. This was the worst customer service experience I've ever had.
on May 28, 2015
No need to fret over a wireless receiver it comes with one.
review image review image
on June 20, 2014
I ordered this because it said that it DID come with a usb dongle. When I received mine today, there was no dongle. That makes this controller more expensive than a deal I passed up for this one, makes it useless to me currently, and makes it much more expensive than a one that legitimately comes with a dongle as others have posted because it would require a purchase of dongle itself. This was a sold by GPSTOCK and fulfillment by amazon. Yes, this is the fault of GPStock for not sending what was advertized, but it is also the fault of amazon for not confirming their products are the same as the product page of the item claiming to be sold. This might work if I had a usb dongle, but I currently have a $40 falsely advertised paper weight.

I dont know about other sellers of this item, but DO NOT BY FROM GPSTOCK.

EDIT: the following was the response I received from GPStock:

"I would like to apologize on behalf of the whole GPStock Team. We are new to amazon seller central and have made a genuine mistake. We listed our product as Xbox controller for Windows which misled many of our customers into believing that we would be including the USB receiver. Although we did not write in our product description that the receiver would be included, we now see how customers would assume it would be. Therefore we would like to offer to send you a free receiver to make up for our mistake. We will also be changing our Product name, along with adding an ultra-clear descriptions and product images to ensure that there will be no more situations like this. Hopefully by the end of the week, all changes will be made because Amazon is slow with re-instating blocked accounts. So, please send us your address so we can send the USB receiver as soon as possible."
44 comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 1, 2015
Best PC controllers for your money.

Wired XBox One controllers for PC are supposedly better, but Wireless XBox One Controllers for PC aren't an option (yet). They cost more, too.

The included calibration software is useful. The included CD is pretty much useless, since you'll download the latest drivers via Windows Update anyways (or via their own website).

Great for platformer games and oldschool videogame emulators, and even arcade-port games for PC (like Metal Slug).

Please note that you do need to configure the directional pad (d-pad) to include Up+Right, Up+Left, Down+Right and Down+Left in your emulator or game settings. The directional pad is an 8-way d-pad, so Up-Right will not automatically is not Up and Right held down together.

This is great for playing games on the TV with your PC, or for split-screen co-op games (couch-co op). (Look up the Reddit page on couch coop games for PC if you're buying one of these. Then wait for next Steam Sale.)