Lyft Industrial Deals Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 24, 2016
There is no substitute for the original. I tried off brands and it was just a waste of money and time.
The controller offers a very nice firmness on the thumb sticks that no other can compare to not to mention the modular design that fits perfectly into your hands.
The thumb sticks also have indentions to prevent slipping when fast movement is required.
The controller is also compatible with any Windows system so you can enjoy your PC gaming the same as with your console.
They have also implemented the quick detach extension just in case it gets snagged or someone walks and trips over the cord.
Easy identifiable buttons and firm pressure springs makes this controller a pleasure to play with.
Overall the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows delivers a consistent and universal gaming experience across both of Microsoft's gaming systems.

If you haven't tried Amazon Prime, your really missing out on so much. From extremely fast shipping, no hassle free returns to amazing selection of music and an unbeatable video streaming selection. Give it a try today!

If you found my review to be of help, please click the "helpful" button below. It helps my Disabled Veterans Group with needed supplies.

review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
11 comment| 266 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 17, 2017
This is one of the best controllers out there for PC, especially for this price range (It's easy to take apart for cleaning or replace parts if they ever wear out).

I love the wired controller more than the wireless (as with all my PC peripherals), I don't have to worry about replacing batteries/recharging, weak or delayed signal, it's cheaper price, cord is plenty long at 10 feet & it uses standard Phillips screws instead of torx security screws (unlike its wireless version).

I just replaced my original 12 year old Xbox 360 controller for a new one (yes it lasted me that long & I used it all the time. lol), everything still functions like new except for the left analog, which has just started to wear out (drifting issues). I ordered some new analog sensors & thumb sticks for $3(ebay) & plan on restoring it (requires soldering).

I strongly advise modifying the D-pad as it's pretty bad as is. It's so mushy & un-responsive, it's okay for games that only use it for menu options but for anything else like fighting games or anything that requires precision controls it's really bad.

A simple fix, take apart the controller (uses standard Phillips screws) cut out a plastic circle from a peanuts tin lid or principles can lid, poke a hole in center. Then place it under the rubber button membrane pad, reassemble & done. I Provided pics to demonstrate with my old controller as I didn't want to take apart the new one again. It works so much better once this is done. Everything else about this controller is great, it's a very solid & responsive controller, high quality feel & like I said earlier, my previous one lasted 12 years before having any issues.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on January 8, 2012
I bought this controller because I needed something that was truely plug and play. It works flawlessly on my Windows 7 Professional 64 bit laptop. I chose the "For Windows" version of the XBOX 360 controller simply because I didn't want to take a chance with other controllers not being recognized or working incorrectly. I don't have an XBOX 360 and wanted this specifically for my Windows computer. It is a perfect match! This controller is recognized immediately by Windows which installs the drivers automatically. If you want you can also go to the Microsoft website and download the latest software/drivers too.

The controller itself works as described with no problems whatsoever. I am using this controller along with another XBOX 360 controller to play multiplayer games on a Nintendo 64 emulator (Project 64) on my PC. Assigning the buttons is easy, but the rumble does not work without installing a plugin (not the controllers fault, just letting you know). I don't mind not having rumble at the moment as it does not affect game play and will install the necessary rumble plugin some day. This controller also works with many other PC games.

I highly recommend a Microsoft controller over a third-party controller! The quality is worth the money. I also recommend going with this USB wired controller over a wireless version so you don't have to bother with batteries or charging. Its simply plug and play and I can't really ask for more than that. Great controller for Windows computers, buy this one!
77 comments| 366 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 7, 2017
The Xbox 360 is a reliable, accurate, and great controller for all of the gaming you'll do on your Xbox 360 Console!
The controller is comfortable to the hands, easy to hold, easy on the fingers, provides a great location for every button you'll need for every game the system has to offer!

I've used a single Xbox 360 controller for years before any signs of use started to show, and the buttons and control sticks started to become harder to use. The left joystick showed the only signs of wear, in that it would have a constant forward push (noticed on the system dashboard or in a game only) and could some times be corrected.

The controller I used never once had to be cleaned, and usually, any cleaning would be limited to just a simple cloth to clean off any dust. The A, B, X, Y, R, RB, L, LB, Start, Select, and Dashboard buttons never showed any signs of wear or use, and functioned great!

Definitely recommend this controller, as it lasts for years before any signs of needing replacement ever shows!
review image
on March 30, 2017
I purchased this in novermber of 2015 and just recently couldn't take the left thumb stick ghosting anymore, so I ordered a cheap T8 screw driver and tried to take it apart to clean it... I forgot there's usually always a hidden screw underneath a sticker that voids any warranty... anyways I proceeded to unscrew all the visible screws and I I ended up getting frustrated and snapped the back of the case in two (by accident) [epic fail]... so here I am with the controller taken apart as I wanted—kinda and I find out that one of the vibration thingamajigs were unsoldered/broken apart. I don't know if I did that or that the wiring is just too weak... they are pretty thin wires.... uh so anyway I take the thumb stick off and find out I can't get my qtip with rubbing alcohol in the spots I need to clean it... so here I am again with a broken apart controller, no soldering equip, no compressed air and a left thumb stick that is still ghosting like heck... I hope this may be relatable to someone then again it's probably all my fault... I wonder if it'd be cheaper to just order the soldering equipment and compressed air at this point.
on November 3, 2017
This controller worked great for about 2 months. Then it began randomly disconnecting. I believe it has to do with where the wire enters the controller itself... sometimes I can get it to 'reconnect' by fiddling with this part of the cable. Unfortunately, amazon won't let me exchange it even though it is barely used. I just got this mid-august and it went bad mid-october. Now even to buy a new one they want about $9 more than what I paid. I guess I'll look for a different brand, but I was expecting much better quality for the OEM controller than this.
on March 4, 2017
The connection where the cable meets the controller is very weak. Within a few months of me buying mine, the cable became looser. Depending on the way I dangled the cord from the controller, the connection would die/reestablish. The connection grew less and less stable, often times with the controller disconnecting every few minutes with every shift in my position. Finally the connection died completely and no amount of adjusting the cord's position could reestablish the connection.

When that finally happened, I also started smelling some burning plastic, and the controller and cable started growing incredibly hot. I immediately yanked the controller out of the USB port, and began taking it apart. It turns out the cables had become disconnected where they attach to the main silicon board. I tried fixing this by reinserting them, but the controller never worked again, and every time I replugged it in, part of the wire heated up like crazy a few inches away from that connection point.

Save your money and buy a product that won't die and start a fire in a few months. Horrible.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 27, 2015
My son set up a xbox at my house for the grandkids to use when they visit.. so I decided to pick up an extra controller. I bought this solely for use with the xbox console and it wasn't till after I received it that I realized it could double and be used on the computer also.

I am not a techie person.. but I just wanted to say that it works great with the console.. the grandkids have not had any complaints about it at all.. it stays plugged in and seems to work flawlessly with all the games they have played. A endurance test will start tomorrow when they will be here for school break for the whole week, three youngsters and one xbox.. so I am sure the controller is going to get a work out

If I discover any thing more about the use of the controller after it has logged in some serious hours.. I will update this review. But for now.. it appears to be a really nice duel purpose controller.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 21, 2017
This controller is perfectly good for PC gaming still in the year 2017. Sure having a newer xbox one controller might seem well and good but don't count out the 360 controller just yet. It's cheaper and uses a hardwired connection with a USB port connection at the end. Bluetooth and wireless may seem well and good if you want to have fun fumbling with batteries every few months. This is a cost efficient alternative to splurging on a wireless xbox one controller for PC. If you don't have a motherboard that supports bluetooth this is your controller. Compared to the extra cost of batteries and a wireless usb dongle for a xbox one wireless controller I'd rather deal with the extra feet of cable that is connected to this controller.
on July 3, 2017
The joysticks squeak but I got it for cheap and they don't make these anymore so I'm happy with it. Will lube them up at some point so it stops annoying me. The original controllers are always the best since the joysticks are the most accurate. The replacement joysticks that they sell for these controller are not OE and aren't anywhere near the quality or precision of the original Microsoft controller so beware of joystick replacement parts even if they claim to be OEM!

Last controller I had lasted a few years before the joystick getting weak and even with that it still works.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse