Truck Season Automotive Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now TG18PP_gno

TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 24, 2016
There is no substitute for the original. I tried off brands and it was just a waste of money and time.
The controller offers a very nice firmness on the thumb sticks that no other can compare to not to mention the modular design that fits perfectly into your hands.
The thumb sticks also have indentions to prevent slipping when fast movement is required.
The controller is also compatible with any Windows system so you can enjoy your PC gaming the same as with your console.
They have also implemented the quick detach extension just in case it gets snagged or someone walks and trips over the cord.
Easy identifiable buttons and firm pressure springs makes this controller a pleasure to play with.
Overall the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows delivers a consistent and universal gaming experience across both of Microsoft's gaming systems.

If you haven't tried Amazon Prime, your really missing out on so much. From extremely fast shipping, no hassle free returns to amazing selection of music and an unbeatable video streaming selection. Give it a try today!

If you found my review to be of help, please click the "helpful" button below. It helps my Disabled Veterans Group with needed supplies.

review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
267 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on April 17, 2017
This is one of the best controllers out there for PC, especially for this price range (It's easy to take apart for cleaning or replace parts if they ever wear out).

I love the wired controller more than the wireless (as with all my PC peripherals), I don't have to worry about replacing batteries/recharging, weak or delayed signal, it's cheaper price, cord is plenty long at 10 feet & it uses standard Phillips screws instead of torx security screws (unlike its wireless version).

I just replaced my original 12 year old Xbox 360 controller for a new one (yes it lasted me that long & I used it all the time. lol), everything still functions like new except for the left analog, which has just started to wear out (drifting issues). I ordered some new analog sensors & thumb sticks for $3(ebay) & plan on restoring it (requires soldering).

I strongly advise modifying the D-pad as it's pretty bad as is. It's so mushy & un-responsive, it's okay for games that only use it for menu options but for anything else like fighting games or anything that requires precision controls it's really bad.

A simple fix, take apart the controller (uses standard Phillips screws) cut out a plastic circle from a peanuts tin lid or principles can lid, poke a hole in center. Then place it under the rubber button membrane pad, reassemble & done. I Provided pics to demonstrate with my old controller as I didn't want to take apart the new one again. It works so much better once this is done. Everything else about this controller is great, it's a very solid & responsive controller, high quality feel & like I said earlier, my previous one lasted 12 years before having any issues.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
12 people found this helpful
on December 28, 2016
Just received the controller today, and I am quite disappointed. The left analog stick is EXTREMELY squeaky...almost comically so. I've owned many OEM 360 controllers in the past and have never even heard of this problem. The controller functions normally as far as I can tell but it's almost too annoying to use.

EDIT: I have put in moderate use with this controller over the past week, and am now forced to return this item. The squeaking did not improve and the left trigger and bumper both started sticking. Is this even an official Microsoft controller??

EDIT(2): Replacement arrived in less than 2 days. Works perfectly. Fully satisfied, Thanks Amazon.
11 people found this helpful
on April 25, 2017
I was not only hoping but expecting a quality product, as this is OEM. However, even though the product cosmetically was fine, it did not function well at all on PC. Both joysticks had a lot of play, and didn't return to center by themselves. Not too big of a problem. It was usually close enough to center that most games wouldn't register movement. My big issue is with the left joystick's alignment. It's as if both axes (X and Y) were tilted several degrees to the right. Meaning when I push perfectly forward on the joystick, my character runs a little to the right. In other words, if I pushed the joystick to 12 o' clock, the computer registers the joystick pointing to about 2 o' clock. If I pull backwards on it, the character comes backwards to the left (registering 8 o' clock instead of 6). Calibrating it helped exactly nothing, and Microsoft's XBox Accessories App didn't even recognize this as a controller... In the Windows calibration you can see the visual representation of the joystick, and it was always off. If I pushed right, it registered right and down, if I pushed left, it registered left and up... Needless to say that trying to play games like this was pointless. If I wanted to play games with the whole controller tilted left, maybe the joystick would be usable, but as it was out of the box and despite trying different drivers, different USB ports, etc., this controller was pretty much useless. As such, I returned it... And due to almost countless bad things I hear everywhere about the XBox One controller (one of the reasons I got this one instead) I unfortunately don't think I'll be returning for a Microsoft product. Luckily I seem to be one of few with a negative experience with this controller, but it's made me wary enough to look elsewhere for a replacement.
on January 8, 2012
I bought this controller because I needed something that was truely plug and play. It works flawlessly on my Windows 7 Professional 64 bit laptop. I chose the "For Windows" version of the XBOX 360 controller simply because I didn't want to take a chance with other controllers not being recognized or working incorrectly. I don't have an XBOX 360 and wanted this specifically for my Windows computer. It is a perfect match! This controller is recognized immediately by Windows which installs the drivers automatically. If you want you can also go to the Microsoft website and download the latest software/drivers too.

The controller itself works as described with no problems whatsoever. I am using this controller along with another XBOX 360 controller to play multiplayer games on a Nintendo 64 emulator (Project 64) on my PC. Assigning the buttons is easy, but the rumble does not work without installing a plugin (not the controllers fault, just letting you know). I don't mind not having rumble at the moment as it does not affect game play and will install the necessary rumble plugin some day. This controller also works with many other PC games.

I highly recommend a Microsoft controller over a third-party controller! The quality is worth the money. I also recommend going with this USB wired controller over a wireless version so you don't have to bother with batteries or charging. Its simply plug and play and I can't really ask for more than that. Great controller for Windows computers, buy this one!
366 people found this helpful
|77 comments|Report abuse
on June 30, 2017
This controller works really well with PC games that are compatible with it, but trying to set it up on my 2 year old computer was a mess because this controller, as it turns out is notorious for not being USB 3 compatible. I shouldn't be surprised, in the instructions and on the Microsoft website it says it may be best to plug it in the back of a computer, which for the layman would naturally mean in one of the many USB 2 ports, which is what I did. So consider this a public service announcement if you're having problems with the controller.
I tested this controller with the PC ports of Sleeping Dogs, Fallout New Vegas, and Broforce so I could have a decent sample size, and this controller was very responsive to all those games. Sleeping Dogs is new, and while it recognizes the inputs as if it were an Xbox One controller, you just have to imagine the Start and Back buttons in the place of those nebulous boxes and lines where the Xbox One controller would be. Fallout New Vegas is nearly a decade old, and plays like the console version, and even disables mouse and keyboard so there's no interference. Broforce is an indie game that is almost exclusively controller based, and this controller works fantastically with it's high-paced action which really put to the test. I was able to confirm through extensive play of these three games that I had no problems with controller lag, input, or really anything.
Additionally, the cord is quite long, around maybe 4 foot, so this controller is a viable alternative to the wireless+wireless dongle combo when used in a den-like setting.
on January 7, 2017
The Xbox 360 is a reliable, accurate, and great controller for all of the gaming you'll do on your Xbox 360 Console!
The controller is comfortable to the hands, easy to hold, easy on the fingers, provides a great location for every button you'll need for every game the system has to offer!

I've used a single Xbox 360 controller for years before any signs of use started to show, and the buttons and control sticks started to become harder to use. The left joystick showed the only signs of wear, in that it would have a constant forward push (noticed on the system dashboard or in a game only) and could some times be corrected.

The controller I used never once had to be cleaned, and usually, any cleaning would be limited to just a simple cloth to clean off any dust. The A, B, X, Y, R, RB, L, LB, Start, Select, and Dashboard buttons never showed any signs of wear or use, and functioned great!

Definitely recommend this controller, as it lasts for years before any signs of needing replacement ever shows!
review image
on May 28, 2014
It worked great, but after 30-some days, it wouldn't even power on. I tried it on another computer, and it still didn't work. My friend's controller worked fine. So, it was definitely the controller that had the issue. I take really good care of my electronics, too. I decided it needed to be replaced under warranty. Since it was past 30 days, I couldn't replace it through Amazon. I had to replace it through Microsoft. The device is supposed to have a 90-day warranty, but Xbox support didn't know how to handle it, since I don't own an Xbox. Apparently, they usually link service requests to your Xbox. After talking with Microsoft for over 2 hours, being sent to 4 different departments, and talking with 6 different representatives, I got a representative that knew how to handle it. Moral of the story: buy your Xbox 360 Controller for Windows from a Microsoft Store. This was the worst customer service experience I've ever had.
8 people found this helpful
on March 30, 2017
I purchased this in novermber of 2015 and just recently couldn't take the left thumb stick ghosting anymore, so I ordered a cheap T8 screw driver and tried to take it apart to clean it... I forgot there's usually always a hidden screw underneath a sticker that voids any warranty... anyways I proceeded to unscrew all the visible screws and I I ended up getting frustrated and snapped the back of the case in two (by accident) [epic fail]... so here I am with the controller taken apart as I wanted—kinda and I find out that one of the vibration thingamajigs were unsoldered/broken apart. I don't know if I did that or that the wiring is just too weak... they are pretty thin wires.... uh so anyway I take the thumb stick off and find out I can't get my qtip with rubbing alcohol in the spots I need to clean it... so here I am again with a broken apart controller, no soldering equip, no compressed air and a left thumb stick that is still ghosting like heck... I hope this may be relatable to someone then again it's probably all my fault... I wonder if it'd be cheaper to just order the soldering equipment and compressed air at this point.
One person found this helpful
on March 4, 2017
I read some negative reviews and was wary, but figured this would be a good controller as it is the real deal from Microsoft. Well, I should have trusted the reviews. I have had this for about 4-5 days and used it for at least a couple hours each day.

Left thumbstick is squeaky, just as other reviews have said. It has gotten quieter than it was in the beginning, but it still squeaks. The d-pad feels stiff and especially the down button, I have to press it very hard sometimes to get it to work. Lastly, the left bumper doesn't always work, which can totally mess up my game. Just messing around with it for a few minutes and testing it, it seems to not activate when I press it down at least 10-20% of the time. If I press it down very hard, of course it works, but that is uncomfortable.

EDIT: It's been almost 4 weeks since I wrote this review. Since then, the left bumper has become much more reliable. I pretty much never have the issue where it doesn't work at all when I press it anymore. The down d-pad button is still stiff and hard to use. I have to press it very hard for it to work. But I don't use it much for the game I play. Overall the controller is starting to feel good now. The squeaking in the left thumbstick has gone away. I can still hear it sometimes if I try to get it to squeak, but it's not obnoxious like it was at first. So I have upgraded my review from 1 to 2 stars. I'm happy with the controller now but I don't think these issues should have been present for so long at the beginning and there is still the issue of the d-pad being stiff.

All in all, this is not a good controller. My old controller felt like it melted into my hands. This feels clunky and uncomfortable because of the problems I mentioned above. Not sure if I'll try and stick with this and hope that the problems get better as I break in the controller, or if I'll just return it. My advice is to steer clear.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.