Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 5,971 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 6,251 reviews
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 24, 2016
There is no substitute for the original. I tried off brands and it was just a waste of money and time.
The controller offers a very nice firmness on the thumb sticks that no other can compare to not to mention the modular design that fits perfectly into your hands.
The thumb sticks also have indentions to prevent slipping when fast movement is required.
The controller is also compatible with any Windows system so you can enjoy your PC gaming the same as with your console.
They have also implemented the quick detach extension just in case it gets snagged or someone walks and trips over the cord.
Easy identifiable buttons and firm pressure springs makes this controller a pleasure to play with.
Overall the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows delivers a consistent and universal gaming experience across both of Microsoft's gaming systems.

If you haven't tried Amazon Prime, your really missing out on so much. From extremely fast shipping, no hassle free returns to amazing selection of music and an unbeatable video streaming selection. Give it a try today!

If you found my review to be of help, please click the "helpful" button below. It helps my Disabled Veterans Group with needed supplies.

review image review image review image review image
11 comment| 189 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2012
I bought this controller because I needed something that was truely plug and play. It works flawlessly on my Windows 7 Professional 64 bit laptop. I chose the "For Windows" version of the XBOX 360 controller simply because I didn't want to take a chance with other controllers not being recognized or working incorrectly. I don't have an XBOX 360 and wanted this specifically for my Windows computer. It is a perfect match! This controller is recognized immediately by Windows which installs the drivers automatically. If you want you can also go to the Microsoft website and download the latest software/drivers too.

The controller itself works as described with no problems whatsoever. I am using this controller along with another XBOX 360 controller to play multiplayer games on a Nintendo 64 emulator (Project 64) on my PC. Assigning the buttons is easy, but the rumble does not work without installing a plugin (not the controllers fault, just letting you know). I don't mind not having rumble at the moment as it does not affect game play and will install the necessary rumble plugin some day. This controller also works with many other PC games.

I highly recommend a Microsoft controller over a third-party controller! The quality is worth the money. I also recommend going with this USB wired controller over a wireless version so you don't have to bother with batteries or charging. Its simply plug and play and I can't really ask for more than that. Great controller for Windows computers, buy this one!
77 comments| 365 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2015
Some people seem to be able to get the real controller by Microsoft when they order this, others receive a cheap knock off. I was one of the others. The wireless adapter should have a sync button and the controller itself should also have a sync button. Neither of these are available on the cheap knock off and you cannot use it with an Xbox 360 since there is no sync button. The packaging also advertises it is Android compatible. If you had any doubts this was an imitation, that alone should be enough to confirm it is. If you notice that the controller comes in some rather cheap clamshell packaging, feels a bit lighter in your hand and has no sync button, return it right away. Nearly $50 is not a good value for the cheap knock off version when you are being sold the official Microsoft version.

If you want to avoid the possibility of having to return this, just order a regular wireless xbox controller and get a wireless adapter separate for your PC needs.
review image
66 comments| 169 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 8, 2015
If you're looking for a streamlined and hassle-free way to game (especially on Steam) on your Windows PC with a wireless remote control. This is it!

This product sold by AMAZON came with the official licensed Microsoft USB Dongle. This is probably the most important part to the entire set-up.

Sure, there are many similar USB Dongles sold by 3rd parties. However, the one provided by Microsoft is the most reliable (consistent connection and good distance) and of better build quality than any others I've used in the past. At the very least, try to get that.

For my HTPC, I previously used a Playstation DualShock4 controller via Bluetooth mapped by the DS4 for Windows program. I had the Kinivo bluetooth adapter. It worked great, the 'trackpad' on the PS4 was helpful (though a bit sensitive) without needing to use a keyboard/mouse. However, the latency and connection was always questionable. The best way to use it was via 20-30ft USB cord...otherwise, the connectivity is finicky and can be choppy.

While I do miss the trackpad, connectivity and reliability with the XBOX 360 controller has been OUTSTANDING. Now I can complete my moves (or blocks in most cases) on Shadow of Mordor with being killed because the receiver did not recognize my command on time...

Go with this, you won't be disappointed. Unlike some vendors, the one sold by AMAZON DOES provide the USB Dongle to be used with PCs. Otherwise, you can connect as normal if used with the XBOX System.
on January 5, 2015
Received knock-off, brand-less controller labeled TY-G403A that was much cheaper and obviously not official.
review image
88 comments| 291 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 25, 2017
I was not only hoping but expecting a quality product, as this is OEM. However, even though the product cosmetically was fine, it did not function well at all on PC. Both joysticks had a lot of play, and didn't return to center by themselves. Not too big of a problem. It was usually close enough to center that most games wouldn't register movement. My big issue is with the left joystick's alignment. It's as if both axes (X and Y) were tilted several degrees to the right. Meaning when I push perfectly forward on the joystick, my character runs a little to the right. In other words, if I pushed the joystick to 12 o' clock, the computer registers the joystick pointing to about 2 o' clock. If I pull backwards on it, the character comes backwards to the left (registering 8 o' clock instead of 6). Calibrating it helped exactly nothing, and Microsoft's XBox Accessories App didn't even recognize this as a controller... In the Windows calibration you can see the visual representation of the joystick, and it was always off. If I pushed right, it registered right and down, if I pushed left, it registered left and up... Needless to say that trying to play games like this was pointless. If I wanted to play games with the whole controller tilted left, maybe the joystick would be usable, but as it was out of the box and despite trying different drivers, different USB ports, etc., this controller was pretty much useless. As such, I returned it... And due to almost countless bad things I hear everywhere about the XBox One controller (one of the reasons I got this one instead) I unfortunately don't think I'll be returning for a Microsoft product. Luckily I seem to be one of few with a negative experience with this controller, but it's made me wary enough to look elsewhere for a replacement.
on June 23, 2014
As a controller goes, you can't go wrong. This is the second receiver/controller I have bought. THE RECEIVER THOUGH, IS CRAP.

It works. And may work for a long time. Mine lasted about a year then it just stopped working. So I, being the tech nerd I am, opened it up and poked around with my tools. A tiny fuse (smaller then most fruit flies) called F1 was the problem. Apparently, the tiniest bit of heat can cause the fuse to blow and kill the entire board. And when I mean "tiniest bit of heat" I mean set this thing on anything remotely warm (like the warmth you get from a laptop running) and you have a chance at blowing the fuse. The fuse is board mounted meaning you cannot replace it without finding the smallest fuse in the world and re-soldering it on. You can bypass the fuse via some solder but who knows what that could do long-term (I'm imagining it involves fire or electrical surges).

***According to most sources, this is a KNOWN malfunction and the fuse blows before it needs to. So keep it in a cool place. Don't set it on your computer, on an amp or even put a warm cup of cocoa anywhere near this thing or you will need a new one.***

Other than that, this thing is awesome! Thanks for the year of comfortable and headache-free PC gaming.

Update: Bypassed the fuse with solder and gave it to my roommate to test (insert evil laughter) and, after about a year or so, there have been no issues with it. No problems communicating with controllers, no electrical fires, etc.
on December 28, 2015
This is a legit Microsoft controller. I don't have XBOX but I purchased for use on Steam, Windows 7 Pro 64bit (via Bootcamp on Mac mini). The moment I plug it in USB port, Steam automatically launches and everything just works out of the box. It feels native and very responsive I play Transformers Devastation. No software is needed to be installed. I can also launch Steam by pressing the XBOX silver button in the center. The product comes with legit Microsoft packaging (see my images).
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on June 30, 2017
This controller works really well with PC games that are compatible with it, but trying to set it up on my 2 year old computer was a mess because this controller, as it turns out is notorious for not being USB 3 compatible. I shouldn't be surprised, in the instructions and on the Microsoft website it says it may be best to plug it in the back of a computer, which for the layman would naturally mean in one of the many USB 2 ports, which is what I did. So consider this a public service announcement if you're having problems with the controller.
I tested this controller with the PC ports of Sleeping Dogs, Fallout New Vegas, and Broforce so I could have a decent sample size, and this controller was very responsive to all those games. Sleeping Dogs is new, and while it recognizes the inputs as if it were an Xbox One controller, you just have to imagine the Start and Back buttons in the place of those nebulous boxes and lines where the Xbox One controller would be. Fallout New Vegas is nearly a decade old, and plays like the console version, and even disables mouse and keyboard so there's no interference. Broforce is an indie game that is almost exclusively controller based, and this controller works fantastically with it's high-paced action which really put to the test. I was able to confirm through extensive play of these three games that I had no problems with controller lag, input, or really anything.
Additionally, the cord is quite long, around maybe 4 foot, so this controller is a viable alternative to the wireless+wireless dongle combo when used in a den-like setting.
on April 8, 2016
Works well as an Xbox 360 controller or PC controller. However, literally 28 hours after it arrived, the joysticks started squeaking when being moved and it is loud enough that I have to use earbuds so that I dont throw the thing at the wall. Very infuriating and I've never experienced this with a new Xbox 360 controller before. Likely exchanging this one.

UPDATE: Got my exchange, after 3 hours of use, the 2nd controller started squealing on the joysticks. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS. Save your money and get an Xbox One controller for PC or just buy a wireless controller from gamestop or something. Total waste of money and ruined the experience.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.