Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Kidz Bop All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon harrypotter harrypotter harrypotter  Three new members of the Echo family Today only: Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 24, 2016
There is no substitute for the original. I tried off brands and it was just a waste of money and time.
The controller offers a very nice firmness on the thumb sticks that no other can compare to not to mention the modular design that fits perfectly into your hands.
The thumb sticks also have indentions to prevent slipping when fast movement is required.
The controller is also compatible with any Windows system so you can enjoy your PC gaming the same as with your console.
They have also implemented the quick detach extension just in case it gets snagged or someone walks and trips over the cord.
Easy identifiable buttons and firm pressure springs makes this controller a pleasure to play with.
Overall the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows delivers a consistent and universal gaming experience across both of Microsoft's gaming systems.

If you haven't tried Amazon Prime, your really missing out on so much. From extremely fast shipping, no hassle free returns to amazing selection of music and an unbeatable video streaming selection. Give it a try today!

If you found my review to be of help, please click the "helpful" button below. It helps my Disabled Veterans Group with needed supplies.

review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
11 comment| 265 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 27, 2015
My son set up a xbox at my house for the grandkids to use when they visit.. so I decided to pick up an extra controller. I bought this solely for use with the xbox console and it wasn't till after I received it that I realized it could double and be used on the computer also.

I am not a techie person.. but I just wanted to say that it works great with the console.. the grandkids have not had any complaints about it at all.. it stays plugged in and seems to work flawlessly with all the games they have played. A endurance test will start tomorrow when they will be here for school break for the whole week, three youngsters and one xbox.. so I am sure the controller is going to get a work out

If I discover any thing more about the use of the controller after it has logged in some serious hours.. I will update this review. But for now.. it appears to be a really nice duel purpose controller.
on March 22, 2016
I bought this controller to use for Skyrim on my laptop. I needed a wired controller to use for my Steam games, and this one was one of the cheapest ones I could find. I'm running Win7 Bootcamp on a 2012 MacBook Pro, and the provided installation disk worked like a dream. There were no hiccups whatsoever while using this controller. It's got a USB port on it so it'll hook straight into your computer. I keep the cord wrapped in the twist-tie when I use it because I don't need 8 feet of cord; only about three feet will do (since I'm using it on my laptop on my desk).

The only problem I have with the controller is that the joysticks are extremely clicky. Like really loud clicky. My roommate isn't too happy about that, but since I'll only be living with her for a few more months, she can deal with it.
on July 16, 2017
For those that are looking at the cheaper alternatives for a controller to use on PC, just go ahead and get this one. The Xbox 360 gamepad layout was, in my opinion, the best controller ever designed. This wired version means that you have responsive, immediate feedback combined with the classic feel of an Xbox 360. Of course, gaming on Windows 10 is designed specifically with this controller layout in mind, making it perfect for everything from Rocket League to Dark Souls.

Seriously, it's cheaper than the Xbox One controller and in my opinion 10x better.
on July 3, 2017
The joysticks squeak but I got it for cheap and they don't make these anymore so I'm happy with it. Will lube them up at some point so it stops annoying me. The original controllers are always the best since the joysticks are the most accurate. The replacement joysticks that they sell for these controller are not OE and aren't anywhere near the quality or precision of the original Microsoft controller so beware of joystick replacement parts even if they claim to be OEM!

Last controller I had lasted a few years before the joystick getting weak and even with that it still works.
on October 9, 2016
It's a 360 controller, it's mostly great. I might have gotten a defective one though because the left analog stick doesn't play nice when I try to make slight movements in any direction. It seems to either go really slow or really fast and doesn't have a good gradient depending on how far you push the stick in any direction. Also the directional pad is a bit inaccurate. I would go for the newer XBOX One controller for PC if I were you. I should have just RMA'd it now that I think about it. Only knocking one star since it might just be this controller malfunctioning.
on June 3, 2016
This is the "default controller" for myself and a lot of other people. They feel good and natural. I prefer this to the wireless controller because the cable is long, it's lighter, cheaper, more responsive feeling, and works with my PC right out of the box. The reason I'm only giving it 4 stars is because I've had to buy a new one every couple of years. The rubber piece connected to the base of the controller is super firm and creates a pinching point for the wire. which will slowly distress the wire there until it rips.

I will say though I compared my recently bought one to my old controller before I threw it out and that piece seems slightly more flexible. HOPEFULLY this problem has been resolved but its too early to tell.
on November 9, 2015
When I got it, I noticed this thing was a little lighter than my 2011 controller.

Dead after 3 months. Took a couple knee-height falls to a carpeted floor.

Switched cord-ends with a functional, 4 year-old controller of the same type. Controller is still broken.

Dead, no LEDs, no response, detection at all from multiple PCs, took it apart because I'm out of return date, and I saw no abnormalities, though the microsoft chip on the controller board was hot, which I thought might be in normal operating parameters. So it's getting current, but the controller won't do anything.

The one I got in 2011, in-store is still working.
The one I got here couldn't survive the test of time.
Will yours?
on October 9, 2017
This controller is sturdy and fits my hands well. Comfortable to use. Works right away in Windows 7 64-bit with any game I throw at it. The sticks and buttons work well. The trigger travel is good.

My only complaint is the d-pad is vague and it's hard to hit directions precisely. For example in Mortal Kombat X you need to do combinations like left, right, punch but it's hard to hit left then right precisely. And many moves are more complicated than that, so it doesn't work well for that.
on April 30, 2015
Being a console gamer most of my life, I've started to explore the world of PC gaming - there are a lot of great established titles out there that are being offered at rock bottom prices, plus tons of cool indie games that may never appear on a console.

The thing is, it was very frustrating for me to play these games using a keyboard and a mouse. I can appreciate that it's the only way some people play, but I just can't get used to the layout.

Boy, did this controller come to the rescue! My consoles are all PlayStations but the layout of this controller is similar enough. The build quality is excellent for this price - I got the wired version so I don't have to mess with batteries, and the cord length is very generous. Genuine plug and play, too (at least on my Win7 laptop).

Games like "Call of Juarez: Gunslinger" and "Melody's Escape" are now just a joy to play on my PC.