Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Wireless adapter - Play with your Xbox Wireless Controller on Windows 10 PCs, laptops, and tablets.
- Redesigned D-pad - The redesigned D-pad provides greater precision and is responsive to both sweeping and directional movements.
- Redesigned thumbsticks - Thumbstick improvements enable better grip and accuracy.
- Ergonomic design - Grips and contours have been designed to fit your hands more comfortably.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Elevate your game
Experience the action like never before with the Xbox One Controller + Wireless Adapter for Windows 10. Redesigned thumbsticks and D-pad provide greater precision. Enjoy the reliable wireless connection to your PC. The Xbox One Controller + Wireless Adapter for Windows 10* works wirelessly with Windows 10 PCs, laptops, tablets and Xbox One.
Works wirelessly with Windows 10 PCs, laptops, tablets and Xbox One.
The redesigned D-pad provides greater precision and is responsive to both sweeping and directional movements.
Thumbstick improvements enable better grip and accuracy.
Grips and contours have been designed to fit hands more comfortably.
*For use with controller compatible games on Xbox One or PCs and Tablets running Windows 10 with USB 2.0. Significant firmware update may be required; ISP fees apply.
Experience the action like never before with the Xbox One Controller + Wireless Adapter for Windows 10. Redesigned thumb sticks and D-pad provide greater precision. Enjoy the reliable wireless connection to your PC. The Xbox One Controller + Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 works wirelessly with Windows 10 PCs, laptops, tablets and Xbox One.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
For me, and apparently a few others, the installation was terrible (Win 10 64-bit). If all goes well, the wireless dongle is plug-n-play. It was pretty far from it! It took a lot of troubleshooting. I plugged the dongle in, and the PC didn't recognize it. It came up as "XBOX ACC" in my devices. The controller couldn't pair with it at this stage.
Thanks to trial and error, some clues I found online, I figured out how to install. If this happens to you, follow these directions. (Of course I find a good guide now that I know what keywords to search online, but maybe this will be easier for you to find, and I'll spell the steps out a bit more clearly.)
1) Reboot with dongle unplugged and log in as administrator
2) Plug in USB dongle
3) Open Internet Explorer (no other browser will work)
4) via IE, open catalog.update.microsoft.com
5) Search "XBOX wireless"
6) Of the several drivers/results that show, the most recent did not work for me. I had to use "Microsoft-Other hardware-Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows", Driver (Networking), v. 18.104.22.1681 (189 KB) - click to add to cart
7) Open the cart in the top right to download
8) Extract the download into a folder on your computer (anywhere)
9) Open Devices and Printers (in the control panel, remember, the dongle should be plugged in)
10) Find "XBOX ACC" - this is the dongle, mostly unrecognized by Windows
11) Right click XBOX ACC > Properties
12) Navigate to the Hardware tab and click the [Properties] button
13) In the first tab, General, click [Change settings]
14) Navigate to the Driver tab (second tab from left)
15) Select [Update driver] button
16) Click the second option, "Browse my computer for driver software"
17) Navigate to the folder you extracted the downloaded driver into
18) It should be recognized. At this point, I still couldn't get the controller to pair, but it did after a reboot.
A couple installation notes, the other (newer) drivers were blocked by Windows. I don't recall what it said verbatim, but something to the affect of "This device or driver version is known to interrupt Windows sleeping, and has been blocked by Windows. Please contact device manufacturer for troubleshooting." Com'on MS, really? Also, from everything I've read online, if you call up MS for troubleshooting, they'll have you do a lot of things that don't help in the slightest (cleaning the registry, etc.). Sad that they can't help you.
Thankfully, I run a recording studio, so I'm used to pairing troublesome hardware, so the troubleshooting didn't take me too long. Still, I have troubleshooting chops due to my use of niche hardware. This MS device is pretty far from niche!! If I wouldn't have been able to get it running, I would've returned it. It was worth 25 minutes of troubleshooting to keep it, but I'm unimpressed with the process.
Sold By: Tech&Toys
Shipping: Fast (2 day shipping)
I have owned this controller for over week with solid use.
This controller is excellent in the hands with a smooth feel, very well designed from the previous Xbox 360 controller. The wireless adapter is a bit on the large side, but comes with an extension wire to eliminate any frustrations with connecting it. I connected the wireless adapter to the USB port and Windows automatically recognized and downloaded the drivers. The controller synced easily with no problems.
There is no lag in gaming(Gears of War 4 & Black Ops III), and no issues have arose from using this controller. I am very satisfied with this product and plan on purchasing from Tech&Toys again in the near future.
Save yourself the trouble and second purchase down the line and just go with the DualShock 4/PS4 controller the first time.
Whatever the error is is superficial since the device works as wanted. The range is pathetic. I have my PC in the basement and had to extend the USB so that it was directly below me (but through 3/4" hardwood floors). Now that it's 2' below me it works fine.
Most recent customer reviews
Excellent interface, design, and wifi connection!