Salon Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Chris young PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition $99.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

15,241
Microsoft Xbox LIVE 12 Month Gold Membership (Physical Card)
Subscription Length: 12 Months|Format: Card|Change

on June 7, 2016
My family has had Xbox Live Gold memberships for several years. Every time a membership is about to lapse I begin furiously looking for reduced price memberships. The gold memberships allow you to play certain games with other members online and you also get a certain number of free downloadable games every month. Free games are always great. Even if they aren't the best games, having something new to play is a big hit at my house.
By purchasing the digital code you eliminate the need to waste gas driving to the store or waiting several days for a code to arrive in the mail. I had my digital code in my Amazon account within minutes. I entered the code into my Xbox Live account and was playing with friends online a few minutes later.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon June 23, 2015
I purchased a 12 month Xbox Live Gold membership for the first time on Amazon a couple years ago and I love the convenience. I typically use the "Online Game Code" option which provides you with a code you enter on your Xbox or within your Xbox Live account. This allows me to make the purchase and basically instantly redeem the code on my Xbox Live account. It's great if you need to quickly start, reactivate or extend membership without waiting for a physical card to arrive in the mail or without needing to run to the store to buy one. I also like using these prepaid cards or codes to pay for Xbox Live over paying with a credit card or debit card. If you pay with a credit/debit card Microsoft typically automatically renews it when your subscription is up. As a single dad I may not always have the required funds where they need to be when that happens. I don't like surprises and the associated fees that come with them. ;) I prefer not having a credit card linked to my Xbox anyway because it helps prevent fraud and the kids can't "accidentally" purchase something.

WHICH MEMBERSHIP LENGTH SHOULD YOU PURCHASE?
Xbox Live membership pre-paid cards/codes are available in 3 month, 12 month or 24 month subscriptions. I typically buy the 12 month and I'll explain why in a minute.

The 3 months option is good if you're on a tight budget or if you're not sure you'll like Xbox Live. I typically avoid the 3 month option because it costs you much more in the long run. If you pay for 12 months of Xbox Live using the 3 month option at $24.99 you'll pay $99.96 for a year of Xbox Live. For 3 cents more you could have purchased a two year subscription card! (Currently $99.99 That's crazy!

I purchase the 12 month subscription because I know we'll want. . . no NEED . . . Xbox Live all year in our household. The 12 month card saves me money over a monthly Credit Card billed subscription or the 3 month options. In fact if you're patient, I know at least the 12 month memberships go on sale from time to time. I think I scored my first one on Amazon for $39.99 which is about $20 off the normal price.

If you've got extra cash burning a hole in your pocket you can also pony up the dough for a 24 month Xbox Live Gold membership and take advantage of the discount it offers. I'm a bit too cheap and try to hold our household to too much of a budget to justify buying the $99.99 24 month subscription card/code. It does save about $20 vs. buying two 12 month cards but the $19.99 it currently saves me isn't enough to justify the expense. If your'e lucky enough to find these Xbox Live Gold membership cards/codes on sale you can always buy and redeem multiples. You can add them at any time and Microsoft allows you to stack them. I believe you can redeem up to 3 years worth of Xbox Live Gold membership credits on your account at any one time.

Since many parents/grandparents/adults may be considering buying this as a gift they might have questions. The information below should be helpful in these cases. If you're not new to Xbox Live Gold, just skip the rest of this review!

WHAT THE HECK IS XBOX LIVE GOLD?:
To any parents, grandparents, adults and gamers that don't know what Xbox Live Gold is: it's basically an extra service that allows video game players to play with other players via the internet. Most of today's games are made to be enjoyed by playing them with and against other players online. The days where you sit on the couch and play with 1-2 other people are pretty much gone. The sad truth is to get the most of their video games, Xbox One and Xbox 360 gamers need Xbox Live Gold. Xbox Live also allows players to access other features like online video etc but the main focus and benefit is online multiplayer gaming.

A word of caution: Parents, adults, guardians. PLEASE monitor what your kids are doing. Just like you shouldn't turn your impressionable child loose on the internet without any supervision or guidance, you shouldn't turn them loose on Xbox Live. People can chat and interact with each other via Xbox Multiplayer games, messages and more. Many games allow players to create their own emblems, logos etc. It should be no surprise that many people (adults and children) can't behave themselves. Online interactions on Xbox Live Gold are largely out of the control of Xbox and the game developers. There are rules governing the actions of players online, but for the most part things are on the honor system. Things ARE moderated to a certain extent but for the most part any disciplinary action is reactionary and comes long after violations of the Xbox Live terms of service. For example, if they receive enough complaints, Microsoft/Xbox will take action against anyone who is acting inappropriately. Unfortunately this action is typically taken long after your child has been exposed to language or images you didn't want them to be exposed to. Just know if your child plays online multiplayer games they WILL eventually hear adult language and sometimes worse. If you aren't comfortable with this do NOT let them use Xbox Live Gold. You can supervise your child, change settings to reduce risks slightly, but in the end you can't control what other players say or do.
55 comments| 129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 17, 2015
I like how this code is sent with code securely hidden behind a serrated panel you gently peel off a sticker then tear open. Easy to access yet hidden from prying eyes. If it is tampered with then you know it has likely been used. The physical object itself I have little to no concern with. i will open it, enter the code, wait until I verify I have my membership time, then toss the card. Once you enter the code on the xbox site (or on your console) the card here is garbage. For some reason I can usually find the physical card cheaper than the online code. Here on Amazon, you can almost always find it for less than the advertised price on the card.
As for the membership being worth it, if you are a social gamer or want a couple free games (as long as they offer games with gold) then yes. This is more ideal if you have lots of friends who also have gold accounts. If only you have it, it still nullifies the gaming together aspect. There is a lot you can do as a silver member too, so if you are on a tight budget or don't have a good circle of gaming buddies, this might not be worth it. Netflix and other streaming media is now free to use (you pay the service company but you do not need Gold to access anymore) so what used to make this worth it is a bit less. I do recommend paying for a year at a time for the value if you choice to get it. To buy in 3 month increments will cost you nearly double.
on July 17, 2016
I purchased this item for my son for a Christmas present. Of course he didn't need this at the time, already had one, but I thought it was a nice stocking stuffer. The problem is...he tried to use it this week and the card has already be used. It is no longer valid. It is way past the return date and I am out the money spent. I will NEVER purchase a gift card on line ever again.
on October 21, 2016
So I purchased this here because it was slightly cheaper and I was already ordering other items. It was a gift for my nephews birthday. He was so excited when he got it. But then when I tried to input the code it said it wasn't valid. So I double, Triple and even quadruple checked to make sure I copied the code exactly and sure enough it just didn't work. What a disappointment to let down a child. If I could give this a lower rating I would. Just spend the couple extra bucks and get it from a store.
on February 18, 2016
The reason why I purchased from this seller over others was simple. The photo was in English and easy for me to read and looked like a actual Microsoft gold card.

Well what i received was a halo 12 month card in Spanish that looks like it was straight stollen from a store and sold on amazon for a quick buck.

But the codes worked just fine and actually gave me a few halo 5 emblems and a metal halo card to go with it.

So I knocked off a star due to misleading images, wrong language, and beat up product that has been dropped a few times on the road and dirt haha.
on March 10, 2017
If you know anyone with an Xbox they will appreciate this. Also it's just such a bargain. To buy it month to month it's $10+ each month totaling to about $120 for a whole year. When you buy this it's only $55 for a whole year. Such a good deal! Highly recommend it!
on March 6, 2016
At first I was worried when I opened the package and the card was partially written in a Persian-looking language. I became more worried when I first attempted to use the card and received an error. However, after doing some research and having a bit of patience, I learned that the reason I was not able to redeem the code immediately was because the last time I added time to my subscription, I did it with a prepaid digital 12mo code as opposed to an auto-renewing credit card payment (the digital code was from Amazon; it was cheaper than the physical card at the time). It turns out that when you pay in this fashion Microsoft requires that the subscription expire before you can redeem a new card i.e. they will not stack and there is no option to renew. My subscription was set to expire March 7, so I decided to wait it out and see if the card would actually work then. On March 6 I received an automated email from Microsoft notifying me that my subscription had expired (maybe due to be a timezone discrepancy?) and all I had to do was follow the email link to extend my membership, click Redeem Code, and the code worked fine. As for maintaining the loyalty count on your membership (e.g. "member for 5 years"), I found some websites (including majornelson) that said to rest assured as having a gap in your membership will not reset your loyalty count. However, from the time I spent looking through other reviews to figure out what was wrong, I saw some that seemed to have less successful experiences than myself so I would at the least make sure you will be able to use the card within a month of ordering it in case it really doesn't work and you need to return it. The pictures are from after I opened it.
review image review image review image
on March 28, 2017
Bought from Amazon and shipped/sold by Amazon. (Xbox Live Gold Membership Digital Code sent to email).

Purchased with my amazon gift card. Digital code then sent to my email, fast digital delivery with no problems!

Typed in the digital code to my Xbox live account on my Xbox One, signed out then signed back in and wallah, Xbox Live is ready to go!

Would and will buy again!
on February 8, 2016
I ordered 2 of the 12 month cards that came with codes for a Halo Guardians emblem on each one. When I received these and scratched off the covering over the codes I noticed that on one of them the code printing ran off the side leaving me to guess what the last letter or number was... I ended up starting with A-Z (the last letter was 'W' by the way) anyways so then I entered the code for the emblem and it said invalid code. I checked and rechecked but it didn't work. The second one I bought the printing didn't run off but the code for the emblem was also invalid for some reason... I gave this 2 stars for the hassle but in the end I already got me two 12 months of live on my accounts or else it would have been 0 stars... I don't think that it's the sellers fault though

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.