Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

14,868
Subscription Length: 12 Months|Format: Card|Change

Showing 1-10 of 14,057 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 14,868 reviews
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon June 23, 2015
I purchased a 12 month Xbox Live Gold membership for the first time on Amazon a couple years ago and I love the convenience. I typically use the "Online Game Code" option which provides you with a code you enter on your Xbox or within your Xbox Live account. This allows me to make the purchase and basically instantly redeem the code on my Xbox Live account. It's great if you need to quickly start, reactivate or extend membership without waiting for a physical card to arrive in the mail or without needing to run to the store to buy one. I also like using these prepaid cards or codes to pay for Xbox Live over paying with a credit card or debit card. If you pay with a credit/debit card Microsoft typically automatically renews it when your subscription is up. As a single dad I may not always have the required funds where they need to be when that happens. I don't like surprises and the associated fees that come with them. ;) I prefer not having a credit card linked to my Xbox anyway because it helps prevent fraud and the kids can't "accidentally" purchase something.

WHICH MEMBERSHIP LENGTH SHOULD YOU PURCHASE?
Xbox Live membership pre-paid cards/codes are available in 3 month, 12 month or 24 month subscriptions. I typically buy the 12 month and I'll explain why in a minute.

The 3 months option is good if you're on a tight budget or if you're not sure you'll like Xbox Live. I typically avoid the 3 month option because it costs you much more in the long run. If you pay for 12 months of Xbox Live using the 3 month option at $24.99 you'll pay $99.96 for a year of Xbox Live. For 3 cents more you could have purchased a two year subscription card! (Currently $99.99 That's crazy!

I purchase the 12 month subscription because I know we'll want. . . no NEED . . . Xbox Live all year in our household. The 12 month card saves me money over a monthly Credit Card billed subscription or the 3 month options. In fact if you're patient, I know at least the 12 month memberships go on sale from time to time. I think I scored my first one on Amazon for $39.99 which is about $20 off the normal price.

If you've got extra cash burning a hole in your pocket you can also pony up the dough for a 24 month Xbox Live Gold membership and take advantage of the discount it offers. I'm a bit too cheap and try to hold our household to too much of a budget to justify buying the $99.99 24 month subscription card/code. It does save about $20 vs. buying two 12 month cards but the $19.99 it currently saves me isn't enough to justify the expense. If your'e lucky enough to find these Xbox Live Gold membership cards/codes on sale you can always buy and redeem multiples. You can add them at any time and Microsoft allows you to stack them. I believe you can redeem up to 3 years worth of Xbox Live Gold membership credits on your account at any one time.

Since many parents/grandparents/adults may be considering buying this as a gift they might have questions. The information below should be helpful in these cases. If you're not new to Xbox Live Gold, just skip the rest of this review!

WHAT THE HECK IS XBOX LIVE GOLD?:
To any parents, grandparents, adults and gamers that don't know what Xbox Live Gold is: it's basically an extra service that allows video game players to play with other players via the internet. Most of today's games are made to be enjoyed by playing them with and against other players online. The days where you sit on the couch and play with 1-2 other people are pretty much gone. The sad truth is to get the most of their video games, Xbox One and Xbox 360 gamers need Xbox Live Gold. Xbox Live also allows players to access other features like online video etc but the main focus and benefit is online multiplayer gaming.

A word of caution: Parents, adults, guardians. PLEASE monitor what your kids are doing. Just like you shouldn't turn your impressionable child loose on the internet without any supervision or guidance, you shouldn't turn them loose on Xbox Live. People can chat and interact with each other via Xbox Multiplayer games, messages and more. Many games allow players to create their own emblems, logos etc. It should be no surprise that many people (adults and children) can't behave themselves. Online interactions on Xbox Live Gold are largely out of the control of Xbox and the game developers. There are rules governing the actions of players online, but for the most part things are on the honor system. Things ARE moderated to a certain extent but for the most part any disciplinary action is reactionary and comes long after violations of the Xbox Live terms of service. For example, if they receive enough complaints, Microsoft/Xbox will take action against anyone who is acting inappropriately. Unfortunately this action is typically taken long after your child has been exposed to language or images you didn't want them to be exposed to. Just know if your child plays online multiplayer games they WILL eventually hear adult language and sometimes worse. If you aren't comfortable with this do NOT let them use Xbox Live Gold. You can supervise your child, change settings to reduce risks slightly, but in the end you can't control what other players say or do.
55 comments| 92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 22, 2015
Normally I would not 'review' a Membership card but this one bears a closer look. Literally. Not because it
did not work. On the contrary, it worked perfectly. It is because it is from, or for, another country. I find that
funny because on this web page it says, "This item is not eligible for international shipping". Simple irony.

Except for the X-Box logo, name, and the word 'GOLD' on the face of the paper package most everything
else, that is in white and green, is NOT in English. There is a white overlay sticker on the section that has
restrictions, directions, system requirements, etc.; also the added bar code sticker is in English. (The bar
code and number were obscured by the reviewer.)

I think it was important to mention since some of you may be getting them and may not want to use them
for fear they won't work. The card worked as promised on my son's old X-Box 360. It has been about 4
days now and there have been no problems of any sort.

So you can take a peek at the photos I've uploaded for your own amusement and be 99.9% assured that
your foreign X-Box Gold card will work in spite of the foreign language. Aren't we just the bon vivant.

So 5 Stars for the foreign Gold card that worked as promised even if they promised in another language!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update April 2016: Absolutely no problems in the past few months of use.
review image review image review image review image
33 comments| 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 7, 2016
My family has had Xbox Live Gold memberships for several years. Every time a membership is about to lapse I begin furiously looking for reduced price memberships. The gold memberships allow you to play certain games with other members online and you also get a certain number of free downloadable games every month. Free games are always great. Even if they aren't the best games, having something new to play is a big hit at my house.
By purchasing the digital code you eliminate the need to waste gas driving to the store or waiting several days for a code to arrive in the mail. I had my digital code in my Amazon account within minutes. I entered the code into my Xbox Live account and was playing with friends online a few minutes later.
on January 3, 2017
I bought a 12-month Xbox Live subscription card from ProElectronics (Amazon) at the end of August. It was on sale for $49.99, and I planned on holding on to it and activating it on January 1, 2017. When I tried to activate it, I got a message saying that the code wasn't active and that I would need to contact the seller. I contacted ProElectronic, and they told me that because it had been over a month since I purchased it, they wouldn't help me. They told me to contact Microsoft instead. I guess they have a 30-day satisfaction guarantee or something, so in that respect, I understand it's my fault for not trying to register the code immediately. My guess is that somebody there forgot to scan the card, thus making it useable, before shipping it to me. Long story short, I spent $50 on absolutely nothing. Buy at your own risk, and saving $10 is not worth the aggravation that could potentially result. Your best bet is just buying a digital code, directly from Amazon.
review image
on November 3, 2016
Great deal. Good deal on the 12 month Membership. Triggers the game with Gold benefits as well. Key features include:
Play together with friends in the world’s premier gaming community
• Powered by hundreds of thousands of servers that maximize performance and reduce lag. Get free games to play with friends every month, worth up to $700 a year
• Receive exclusive discounts of up to 50-75% on games in the Xbox Store. All future Games with Gold titles for Xbox 360 will be playable on Xbox One
on April 29, 2017
I normally buy a membership for my niece and she had my card on her x-box. That is, until someone hacked her account. I was leery about putting my card back on her system because I worried if it happened again, they might get my card information and that would be a nightmare. Been there, done that, but at a restaurant and not her Xbox.

Worked perfectly. I purchased the code, they sent me an email containing the code, I sent it to her in a text, and she renewed her membership on her Xbox One. The whole process took about 1 minute from purchase to activation.
on May 30, 2017
I bough this but really, if i had knew they also had a monthly subscription, i would gladly have that one instead. My xbox 360 died exactly after buying this, i tried to get my money back, but once you use it, you lose it. they were able to cancel my subscription and send me a new one while a get the new xbox one. As for the free games, well it all comes down for personal taste. some months are good others not so much, but what can you expect for an average $1.25 per game (4 games every month for ~$50 A YEAR)
on October 9, 2016
After multiple attempts to get this card for the Xbox One, when we finally got the right one, it behaves exactly as it is supposed to. HOWEVER, beware of what card you are buying, especially if it is part of a starter pack (with different peripherals like keyboards or headsets). This is NOT a reflection on this seller who was awesome. But I had attempted twice to buy a starter kit with the 12 month Xbox Live membership card because it seemed like a good deal to add a headset and keyboard for my son. Many of the retailers of these kits, however, do not list the version of Xbox these are for - and I was told by them as well as other supposedly reputable sources (a national game seller chain for instance) that these cards all work on the Xbox One and that Microsoft had changed the name of its service (adding Gold, etc.) but they still work. NO THEY DO NOT! Verify with the seller that what you are purchasing will work with the system you have. Don't take it on faith or you'll be going through the hassle I did. That being said, the Xbox Live/Gold/Whatever cards are great and my son loves his membership!
on December 31, 2015
The card I received from WorldWide Distributors thru Amazon was already used and I couldn't redeem it.
It wasn't even the normal membership scratch off cards you usually see. It was a promotional card for three free months
and said not for resale on the back!
When I called WorldWide Distributors they blamed Microsoft and gave me their number.
Then I called Microsoft and the machine told me they were too busy to take my call after putting me on hold for fifteen minutes!
I've already put more time into this than the $16 dollars was worth.
Thanks again Microsoft, like your xbox and Windows you got me again. You and WorldWide Distributors make a great team.
I just got an XBox One and it's the first XBox I've owned since my original XBox died 9 years ago (I never had a 360). I'm quite pleased with it and decided to go for XBox Live to get the online capability and content. I see some other reviewers got the code emailed to them. By the time I bought this, the actual card was the one that was on sale (43 bucks, cheaper than you can get it in any store that I've seen). My XBox One came with a 14 day trial code for XBox Live so that gave me plenty of time to wait for the 12 month card to come in the mail (which took 2 days anyway with Prime).

All I had to do was enter the code and voila! Member for a year. What I hadn't realized is, as a gold member, you get two free game downloads a month. I just downloaded Assassin's Creed! This is such an awesome deal it's unreal. I'm thrilled with this purchase. There is more to XBox Live than I used to think there was and I find it worth every penny.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.