Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 March Birthstone Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

14,468
Subscription Length: 12 Months|Format: Card|Change

Showing 1-10 of 13,658 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 14,468 reviews
on November 22, 2015
Normally I would not 'review' a Membership card but this one bears a closer look. Literally. Not because it
did not work. On the contrary, it worked perfectly. It is because it is from, or for, another country. I find that
funny because on this web page it says, "This item is not eligible for international shipping". Simple irony.

Except for the X-Box logo, name, and the word 'GOLD' on the face of the paper package most everything
else, that is in white and green, is NOT in English. There is a white overlay sticker on the section that has
restrictions, directions, system requirements, etc.; also the added bar code sticker is in English. (The bar
code and number were obscured by the reviewer.)

I think it was important to mention since some of you may be getting them and may not want to use them
for fear they won't work. The card worked as promised on my son's old X-Box 360. It has been about 4
days now and there have been no problems of any sort.

So you can take a peek at the photos I've uploaded for your own amusement and be 99.9% assured that
your foreign X-Box Gold card will work in spite of the foreign language. Aren't we just the bon vivant.

So 5 Stars for the foreign Gold card that worked as promised even if they promised in another language!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update April 2016: Absolutely no problems in the past few months of use.
review image review image review image review image
33 comments| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon June 23, 2015
I purchased a 12 month Xbox Live Gold membership for the first time on Amazon a couple years ago and I love the convenience. I typically use the "Online Game Code" option which provides you with a code you enter on your Xbox or within your Xbox Live account. This allows me to make the purchase and basically instantly redeem the code on my Xbox Live account. It's great if you need to quickly start, reactivate or extend membership without waiting for a physical card to arrive in the mail or without needing to run to the store to buy one. I also like using these prepaid cards or codes to pay for Xbox Live over paying with a credit card or debit card. If you pay with a credit/debit card Microsoft typically automatically renews it when your subscription is up. As a single dad I may not always have the required funds where they need to be when that happens. I don't like surprises and the associated fees that come with them. ;) I prefer not having a credit card linked to my Xbox anyway because it helps prevent fraud and the kids can't "accidentally" purchase something.

WHICH MEMBERSHIP LENGTH SHOULD YOU PURCHASE?
Xbox Live membership pre-paid cards/codes are available in 3 month, 12 month or 24 month subscriptions. I typically buy the 12 month and I'll explain why in a minute.

The 3 months option is good if you're on a tight budget or if you're not sure you'll like Xbox Live. I typically avoid the 3 month option because it costs you much more in the long run. If you pay for 12 months of Xbox Live using the 3 month option at $24.99 you'll pay $99.96 for a year of Xbox Live. For 3 cents more you could have purchased a two year subscription card! (Currently $99.99 That's crazy!

I purchase the 12 month subscription because I know we'll want. . . no NEED . . . Xbox Live all year in our household. The 12 month card saves me money over a monthly Credit Card billed subscription or the 3 month options. In fact if you're patient, I know at least the 12 month memberships go on sale from time to time. I think I scored my first one on Amazon for $39.99 which is about $20 off the normal price.

If you've got extra cash burning a hole in your pocket you can also pony up the dough for a 24 month Xbox Live Gold membership and take advantage of the discount it offers. I'm a bit too cheap and try to hold our household to too much of a budget to justify buying the $99.99 24 month subscription card/code. It does save about $20 vs. buying two 12 month cards but the $19.99 it currently saves me isn't enough to justify the expense. If your'e lucky enough to find these Xbox Live Gold membership cards/codes on sale you can always buy and redeem multiples. You can add them at any time and Microsoft allows you to stack them. I believe you can redeem up to 3 years worth of Xbox Live Gold membership credits on your account at any one time.

Since many parents/grandparents/adults may be considering buying this as a gift they might have questions. The information below should be helpful in these cases. If you're not new to Xbox Live Gold, just skip the rest of this review!

WHAT THE HECK IS XBOX LIVE GOLD?:
To any parents, grandparents, adults and gamers that don't know what Xbox Live Gold is: it's basically an extra service that allows video game players to play with other players via the internet. Most of today's games are made to be enjoyed by playing them with and against other players online. The days where you sit on the couch and play with 1-2 other people are pretty much gone. The sad truth is to get the most of their video games, Xbox One and Xbox 360 gamers need Xbox Live Gold. Xbox Live also allows players to access other features like online video etc but the main focus and benefit is online multiplayer gaming.

A word of caution: Parents, adults, guardians. PLEASE monitor what your kids are doing. Just like you shouldn't turn your impressionable child loose on the internet without any supervision or guidance, you shouldn't turn them loose on Xbox Live. People can chat and interact with each other via Xbox Multiplayer games, messages and more. Many games allow players to create their own emblems, logos etc. It should be no surprise that many people (adults and children) can't behave themselves. Online interactions on Xbox Live Gold are largely out of the control of Xbox and the game developers. There are rules governing the actions of players online, but for the most part things are on the honor system. Things ARE moderated to a certain extent but for the most part any disciplinary action is reactionary and comes long after violations of the Xbox Live terms of service. For example, if they receive enough complaints, Microsoft/Xbox will take action against anyone who is acting inappropriately. Unfortunately this action is typically taken long after your child has been exposed to language or images you didn't want them to be exposed to. Just know if your child plays online multiplayer games they WILL eventually hear adult language and sometimes worse. If you aren't comfortable with this do NOT let them use Xbox Live Gold. You can supervise your child, change settings to reduce risks slightly, but in the end you can't control what other players say or do.
55 comments| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 2, 2016
Amazon needs to be very careful selling these cards. I received the one with the foreign language (seems to be Arabic), and when I inputted the code on my Xbox One, and even on the Xbox site, it says "This code has already been used." This was a complete rip-off. I am very disappointed.
Why would people do this? This is wicked. People work hard for their money and do not deserve this.

Microsoft NEEDS to take legal action on these people/scammers. I'm sure Amazon knows who the seller/supplier is. Something needs to be done about this. Yes, I'm seeing many 5-star reviews, and many people have gotten their working codes, but still, many others have not. Will I be reimbursed for this? I doubt it.

Thanks for nothing!
on September 20, 2016
Spent the last hour trying to get this to work.

Tried multiple times on Xbox.com and on the xbox itself. Sometimes it asks for the code, sometimes i dont have to before i hit redeem. Either way keeps giving me this error:

"Something went wrong
Give it another try. If this happens again, let us know by entering the code below at xbox.com/errorhelp so we can investigate.

(The code listed below is always nonsense and some of the suggestions to 'get it to work' are nonsense too. ie "Tips for trying again: If the error code begins with the letter “E,” try searching on the first part of the code. Example For “E305 00000000 80000001,” search for “E305.” If the error code is 24 digits long, try searching on the last 8 digits.)

I'll update if the code ends up working. so far, not so good.
on January 2, 2017
My son tried loading this item twice. The first time it said it worked and that he had 12 months of xbox gold, then it did not register in his account as Xbox Gold; his account kept telling him to buy Xbox live Gold.. We tried the same code again and it said he received 12 months of xbox live gold, and again it does not give him xbox live. I don't know if it's a bad code or a Microsoft issue, but I am not happy and I am not sure who to contact to make this work. $50 is too much to not get this working correctly. (We purchased Xbox Live Gold on a physical card last year and had no problems with the code we received.)
on March 31, 2016
This is a repeat purchase. This product is a must for anyone that plays games on Xbox online. My kids love playing games with their friends online and this is the key to making that happen. I received this card in the digital download version which was great and extremely fast. They sent me the Xbox live membership code in a mater of seconds and my kids were up and playing in minutes. Great experience and will definitely purchase again.
If after reading my review of this product or any of my other reviews and interesting or useful please rate it is as "helpful" or leave a comment. I truly enjoy writing reviews on products that will potentially help someone make an informed decision based on my experience and I also greatly appreciate and I love and hearing feedback so please feel free to let me know if I helped. I make most of my daily purchases here on amazon and base my purchases on reviews of the product from others as well. I know that honest and helpful reviews provide insight to the company and to the purchasers as well.
I did not receive this product for free or at a discounted rate in exchange for product testing and review. I am under no obligation to provide a positive review and received no incentives or rewards for doing so. My aim is to highlight features and drawbacks that I would want to know about as a buyer, not hype the product for the manufacturer to increase sales. My remarks are sincere and true. I work very hard trying to write insightful and thoughtful reviews for each item. My hope is that these reviews are helpful to others. While it is true that many items are received at discounted rates or complimentary, my reviews are completely unbiased as well as honest and are my personal experiences and opinion of the product. Once again, it is just my own opinion and experience.
on December 25, 2015
Scratched the silver film so I could enter the code and the code has already been used.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 24, 2017
I've had Microsoft Xbox LIVE 12 Month Gold Membership for one year already and I bought another one (this time on Ebay, because it was only 43$). I would recommend to buy it for everyone who has an Xbox because it has some good perks:
- With Xbox Live Gold, you can play with your friends and save all your game clips and photos to Microsoft’s servers for accessing later.
- Every Tuesday, Microsoft heavily discounts games available on Xbox Live for digital download.
- With the free games and deals, it all comes down to taste. Often times, Microsoft offers some big-name hits and exclusives as a part of Games with Gold.

If online gaming is something that you feel you want to do, definitely check out Xbox Live Gold. Pay for a month or start a free trial. Get a feel for how it works.

You definitely won't have some new games on huge discounts, but you can get one-year-old games for free. Now, I buy games only on discounts or download it for free, using my gold membership.
on January 25, 2016
This was one of my grandson's gifts but when he entered the activation code, that number was void due to prior use. Big disappointment. Although a refund was issued, not without the effort of obtaining a return label and going to a drop box. Plus a child was short one gift.
on November 3, 2016
Great deal. Good deal on the 12 month Membership. Triggers the game with Gold benefits as well. Key features include:
Play together with friends in the world’s premier gaming community
• Powered by hundreds of thousands of servers that maximize performance and reduce lag. Get free games to play with friends every month, worth up to $700 a year
• Receive exclusive discounts of up to 50-75% on games in the Xbox Store. All future Games with Gold titles for Xbox 360 will be playable on Xbox One

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.