Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 6,091 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 6,388 reviews
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 24, 2016
There is no substitute for the original. I tried off brands and it was just a waste of money and time.
The controller offers a very nice firmness on the thumb sticks that no other can compare to not to mention the modular design that fits perfectly into your hands.
The thumb sticks also have indentions to prevent slipping when fast movement is required.
The controller is also compatible with any Windows system so you can enjoy your PC gaming the same as with your console.
They have also implemented the quick detach extension just in case it gets snagged or someone walks and trips over the cord.
Easy identifiable buttons and firm pressure springs makes this controller a pleasure to play with.
Overall the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows delivers a consistent and universal gaming experience across both of Microsoft's gaming systems.

If you haven't tried Amazon Prime, your really missing out on so much. From extremely fast shipping, no hassle free returns to amazing selection of music and an unbeatable video streaming selection. Give it a try today!

If you found my review to be of help, please click the "helpful" button below. It helps my Disabled Veterans Group with needed supplies.

review image review image review image review image
11 comment| 229 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 1, 2015
Best PC controllers for your money.

Wired XBox One controllers for PC are supposedly better, but Wireless XBox One Controllers for PC aren't an option (yet). They cost more, too.

The included calibration software is useful. The included CD is pretty much useless, since you'll download the latest drivers via Windows Update anyways (or via their own website).

Great for platformer games and oldschool videogame emulators, and even arcade-port games for PC (like Metal Slug).

Please note that you do need to configure the directional pad (d-pad) to include Up+Right, Up+Left, Down+Right and Down+Left in your emulator or game settings. The directional pad is an 8-way d-pad, so Up-Right will not automatically is not Up and Right held down together.

This is great for playing games on the TV with your PC, or for split-screen co-op games (couch-co op). (Look up the Reddit page on couch coop games for PC if you're buying one of these. Then wait for next Steam Sale.)
on June 4, 2014
I got this for two reasons, the HTPC and the Amazon Fire TV box I just purchased.

After two days, here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
1. Amazing distance.
2. Worked out of the box. (seriously, super easy)
3. Works with most apps.

Cons:
1. The Xbox light flashes constantly! Seriously, that light is annoying in dimly lit rooms. I believe it's waiting for a "callback," of sorts, so that it knows what "player number" it's supposed to be. It never gets that number, so the controller always thinks it's connecting even though it's connected and working. Not sure if this will cause it to blow through the batteries quicker or not.
2. Takes up the ONE usb port on the FTV to use it.
3. Packaged with a charging kit would have been nice... but you can't have everything at this price!

Other than that, it's perfect. It's just that light... ugh.
on January 7, 2017
The Xbox 360 is a reliable, accurate, and great controller for all of the gaming you'll do on your Xbox 360 Console!
The controller is comfortable to the hands, easy to hold, easy on the fingers, provides a great location for every button you'll need for every game the system has to offer!

I've used a single Xbox 360 controller for years before any signs of use started to show, and the buttons and control sticks started to become harder to use. The left joystick showed the only signs of wear, in that it would have a constant forward push (noticed on the system dashboard or in a game only) and could some times be corrected.

The controller I used never once had to be cleaned, and usually, any cleaning would be limited to just a simple cloth to clean off any dust. The A, B, X, Y, R, RB, L, LB, Start, Select, and Dashboard buttons never showed any signs of wear or use, and functioned great!

Definitely recommend this controller, as it lasts for years before any signs of needing replacement ever shows!
review image
on December 20, 2016
I've only had this controller for a little more than a day. I'll update the review after I've had it for a few months.

As soon as I got the controller home I plugged in the USB wireless receiver and Windows 10 immediately installed the drivers. Jumped on to Steam and was off and running with Battleborn and Battlefield. My daughter wanted to duke it out on the X-Box 360 so we headed into the living room and synced the controller to the 360. Up and running with no trouble at all.

Now that it is synced to both I can go from PC to X-Box just by walking to a different room, no hassles at all.
on February 18, 2015
For Windows 8/8.1 users...I was about ready to give up trying to make this controller work on my Windows 8.1 desktop. I was just about ready to send it back after reading that many others were having the same problem. Assuming the transceiver is listed in 'Devices and Printers' (in Control Panel) but the controller isn't registering with the transceiver then the following method worked for me and the controller/gamepad is working perfectly now. I found this method mentioned by one of the Community Discussion entries on the Microsoft compatibility page for the Xbox 360 wireless controller. Microsoft 'documentation' for this controller is pitiful or non-existent..they don't even tell you where the sync button is on the controller to effect the method listed below.....it's a small button on the very front of the controller. (You may have to hold them both down for a few seconds until the green light on the controller stops spinning and remains constant.) The controller/gamepad works great but I'm subtracting a star because Microsoft does such a poor job of supporting their own products. Hope this saves some folks the frustration I experienced.

Method 1 :
Synchronizing
To do this you need both the controller and the PC powered on and the wireless adaptor plugged in. Then press the sync button on both devices.
on May 16, 2017
I had originally got this for me and my daughter to play XBOX 360 games a few years ago. Its been sitting in a drawer since then. Recently I decided to setup a RetroPie (raspberry pi) box. I look at a lot of controller options and discussions. I never got a real clear answer until I setup the pie and tried it myself. These work on RetroPie. Just plug in the USB puck and setup the controller. If you have an XBOX 360 sitting around collecting dust, you can setup two controllers. You might be able to setup more but I only have two. Don't waste your money on those Buffalo (SNES looking) controllers. These are better quality and have more buttons.
on January 7, 2016
This item is likely not a genuine Microsoft controller as the listing claims. Though this item is not specified as used, our controller arrived in bubble wrap rather than in product packaging, and the serial number on the back of the controller was rubbed off. The item feels lighter than authentic XBox controllers and was defective from the very first use. The joysticks stuck and eventually stopped working altogether. This was all within about one month of very minimal use.
on July 30, 2017
I received this product April 2nd, 2017 and it broke July 28, 2017. Return policy ended after 30 days and the company warranty ended after 90 days, so about 20 days after there was any hope of customer support, the controller breaks. I understand "standard warranty" practices, but am I really expected to purchase a new controller every three months? This controller received absolutely normal wear-and-tear as I pretty much only used it to play Dark Souls 3 on my PC and I don't play every day since I have a job and family. It sits on my desk and I have never thrown it in anger or covered it in "cheeto" dust. I specifically purchased the official Microsoft brand for its "quality."

About two weeks ago, the left should button (L1) became very loose and would "hyper-click" when tapped (which means the game would register me pressing it 2-3 times at once). Now it is basically useless since the button constantly registers off-and-on if I hold it down, and tapping it doesn't register any response.

I am perfectly willing to change my review if the seller would help me out.
on September 12, 2016
I will start this off by stating that I am a PC gamer. I built my own computer, and have been playing with mouse and keyboard for a while. I decided I would try out controllers and bought this one. Needless to say I love it. Its not perfect but it is very comfortable and makes for easy storage. For those of you who are wondering if you need any extra software or drivers to use this, I just plugged it into my PC and it worked fine. Now I practically don't use my keyboard for gaming. Only this. Another great benefit is that you can store the dongle behind your PC (desktop) and hidden away from any view it will still work the same. If you are wondering about game compatibility, you should not be worried. Most AAA games have controller support like GTA, COD,Titainfall, and much more.

Pros:
-Great Design and fit
-Non slip surface
-Dongle does not have to be directly in front of controller
-Easy Storage
-Automatic Power off
-No need to install drivers (Windows 10)
-Great game compatibility

Cons:
-Right bumper stopped responding in certain areas after normal use
-When it first arrived the left top joy stick squeaked a lot while used

Conclusion:
If you are looking for a affordable controller this is one of your best options.