Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy  Echo Dot Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on January 7, 2015
Some people seem to be able to get the real controller by Microsoft when they order this, others receive a cheap knock off. I was one of the others. The wireless adapter should have a sync button and the controller itself should also have a sync button. Neither of these are available on the cheap knock off and you cannot use it with an Xbox 360 since there is no sync button. The packaging also advertises it is Android compatible. If you had any doubts this was an imitation, that alone should be enough to confirm it is. If you notice that the controller comes in some rather cheap clamshell packaging, feels a bit lighter in your hand and has no sync button, return it right away. Nearly $50 is not a good value for the cheap knock off version when you are being sold the official Microsoft version.

If you want to avoid the possibility of having to return this, just order a regular wireless xbox controller and get a wireless adapter separate for your PC needs.
review image
66 comments| 172 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 5, 2015
Received knock-off, brand-less controller labeled TY-G403A that was much cheaper and obviously not official.
review image
88 comments| 307 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 8, 2015
If you're looking for a streamlined and hassle-free way to game (especially on Steam) on your Windows PC with a wireless remote control. This is it!

This product sold by AMAZON came with the official licensed Microsoft USB Dongle. This is probably the most important part to the entire set-up.

Sure, there are many similar USB Dongles sold by 3rd parties. However, the one provided by Microsoft is the most reliable (consistent connection and good distance) and of better build quality than any others I've used in the past. At the very least, try to get that.

For my HTPC, I previously used a Playstation DualShock4 controller via Bluetooth mapped by the DS4 for Windows program. I had the Kinivo bluetooth adapter. It worked great, the 'trackpad' on the PS4 was helpful (though a bit sensitive) without needing to use a keyboard/mouse. However, the latency and connection was always questionable. The best way to use it was via 20-30ft USB cord...otherwise, the connectivity is finicky and can be choppy.

While I do miss the trackpad, connectivity and reliability with the XBOX 360 controller has been OUTSTANDING. Now I can complete my moves (or blocks in most cases) on Shadow of Mordor with being killed because the receiver did not recognize my command on time...

Go with this, you won't be disappointed. Unlike some vendors, the one sold by AMAZON DOES provide the USB Dongle to be used with PCs. Otherwise, you can connect as normal if used with the XBOX System.
on February 7, 2016
The controller came in a plastic bag marked as "Used, Very Good" but contained a pretty worn down controller (didn't check if it worked, I knew immediately I'd be returning it regardless) with scratches, crusty crap in the button lettering, worn down nubs on the joysticks, and smoothed glossy plastic from heavy use. It was also missing the dongle for PC, which was the only reason I bought it.

This was by far the worst experience I've ever had buying anything on Amazon; the relatively painless return was the only good thing about this purchase.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on December 20, 2016
I've only had this controller for a little more than a day. I'll update the review after I've had it for a few months.

As soon as I got the controller home I plugged in the USB wireless receiver and Windows 10 immediately installed the drivers. Jumped on to Steam and was off and running with Battleborn and Battlefield. My daughter wanted to duke it out on the X-Box 360 so we headed into the living room and synced the controller to the 360. Up and running with no trouble at all.

Now that it is synced to both I can go from PC to X-Box just by walking to a different room, no hassles at all.
on June 23, 2014
As a controller goes, you can't go wrong. This is the second receiver/controller I have bought. THE RECEIVER THOUGH, IS CRAP.

It works. And may work for a long time. Mine lasted about a year then it just stopped working. So I, being the tech nerd I am, opened it up and poked around with my tools. A tiny fuse (smaller then most fruit flies) called F1 was the problem. Apparently, the tiniest bit of heat can cause the fuse to blow and kill the entire board. And when I mean "tiniest bit of heat" I mean set this thing on anything remotely warm (like the warmth you get from a laptop running) and you have a chance at blowing the fuse. The fuse is board mounted meaning you cannot replace it without finding the smallest fuse in the world and re-soldering it on. You can bypass the fuse via some solder but who knows what that could do long-term (I'm imagining it involves fire or electrical surges).

***According to most sources, this is a KNOWN malfunction and the fuse blows before it needs to. So keep it in a cool place. Don't set it on your computer, on an amp or even put a warm cup of cocoa anywhere near this thing or you will need a new one.***

Other than that, this thing is awesome! Thanks for the year of comfortable and headache-free PC gaming.

Update: Bypassed the fuse with solder and gave it to my roommate to test (insert evil laughter) and, after about a year or so, there have been no issues with it. No problems communicating with controllers, no electrical fires, etc.
on October 23, 2016
I bought this for my son because his old one had finally given out. If you have ever owned one you know after some time the buttons begin to stick. We went with this one because it is compatible with the XBOX 360 and with Windows. I was kind of leery that it would work with the computer at all never mind as well with the XBOX 360, but it does. My son couldn't be happier. He says it makes life so much easier than pushing buttons on his keypad to play his computer games. The prices is actually cheaper than a regular wireless XBOX controller if I was to go buy one at Wal-Mart so of course that makes me happy. This purchase was a win win for both of us. I would recommend this for the price, my son would recommend it for the playability!
on November 21, 2016
Yes these are high quality controllers, but it sucks that this description is vague enough that it doesn't mention if the wireless USB receiver is included or not. I ordered from Amazon and did not receive one. I see no version of this product on Amazon that does explicitly include the receiver, so we are left to gamble on whether or not it will be included. It makes sense that Microsoft might not ship this with most controllers as you only need on for 4 controllers, but still it's unorganized and disingenuous of Amazon not to include accurate product information. Also one start for Microsoft's monopoly on the controller market by seemingly forcing developers to only support thier hardware, and not providing universal driver software for Windows OS.
on February 18, 2015
For Windows 8/8.1 users...I was about ready to give up trying to make this controller work on my Windows 8.1 desktop. I was just about ready to send it back after reading that many others were having the same problem. Assuming the transceiver is listed in 'Devices and Printers' (in Control Panel) but the controller isn't registering with the transceiver then the following method worked for me and the controller/gamepad is working perfectly now. I found this method mentioned by one of the Community Discussion entries on the Microsoft compatibility page for the Xbox 360 wireless controller. Microsoft 'documentation' for this controller is pitiful or non-existent..they don't even tell you where the sync button is on the controller to effect the method listed below.....it's a small button on the very front of the controller. (You may have to hold them both down for a few seconds until the green light on the controller stops spinning and remains constant.) The controller/gamepad works great but I'm subtracting a star because Microsoft does such a poor job of supporting their own products. Hope this saves some folks the frustration I experienced.

Method 1 :
To do this you need both the controller and the PC powered on and the wireless adaptor plugged in. Then press the sync button on both devices.
on May 16, 2017
I had originally got this for me and my daughter to play XBOX 360 games a few years ago. Its been sitting in a drawer since then. Recently I decided to setup a RetroPie (raspberry pi) box. I look at a lot of controller options and discussions. I never got a real clear answer until I setup the pie and tried it myself. These work on RetroPie. Just plug in the USB puck and setup the controller. If you have an XBOX 360 sitting around collecting dust, you can setup two controllers. You might be able to setup more but I only have two. Don't waste your money on those Buffalo (SNES looking) controllers. These are better quality and have more buttons.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.