BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 24, 2016
There is no substitute for the original. I tried off brands and it was just a waste of money and time.
The controller offers a very nice firmness on the thumb sticks that no other can compare to not to mention the modular design that fits perfectly into your hands.
The thumb sticks also have indentions to prevent slipping when fast movement is required.
The controller is also compatible with any Windows system so you can enjoy your PC gaming the same as with your console.
They have also implemented the quick detach extension just in case it gets snagged or someone walks and trips over the cord.
Easy identifiable buttons and firm pressure springs makes this controller a pleasure to play with.
Overall the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows delivers a consistent and universal gaming experience across both of Microsoft's gaming systems.

If you haven't tried Amazon Prime, your really missing out on so much. From extremely fast shipping, no hassle free returns to amazing selection of music and an unbeatable video streaming selection. Give it a try today!

If you found my review to be of help, please click the "helpful" button below. It helps my Disabled Veterans Group with needed supplies.

review image review image review image review image
11 comment| 242 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2017
The Xbox 360 is a reliable, accurate, and great controller for all of the gaming you'll do on your Xbox 360 Console!
The controller is comfortable to the hands, easy to hold, easy on the fingers, provides a great location for every button you'll need for every game the system has to offer!

I've used a single Xbox 360 controller for years before any signs of use started to show, and the buttons and control sticks started to become harder to use. The left joystick showed the only signs of wear, in that it would have a constant forward push (noticed on the system dashboard or in a game only) and could some times be corrected.

The controller I used never once had to be cleaned, and usually, any cleaning would be limited to just a simple cloth to clean off any dust. The A, B, X, Y, R, RB, L, LB, Start, Select, and Dashboard buttons never showed any signs of wear or use, and functioned great!

Definitely recommend this controller, as it lasts for years before any signs of needing replacement ever shows!
review image
on February 18, 2015
For Windows 8/8.1 users...I was about ready to give up trying to make this controller work on my Windows 8.1 desktop. I was just about ready to send it back after reading that many others were having the same problem. Assuming the transceiver is listed in 'Devices and Printers' (in Control Panel) but the controller isn't registering with the transceiver then the following method worked for me and the controller/gamepad is working perfectly now. I found this method mentioned by one of the Community Discussion entries on the Microsoft compatibility page for the Xbox 360 wireless controller. Microsoft 'documentation' for this controller is pitiful or non-existent..they don't even tell you where the sync button is on the controller to effect the method listed below.....it's a small button on the very front of the controller. (You may have to hold them both down for a few seconds until the green light on the controller stops spinning and remains constant.) The controller/gamepad works great but I'm subtracting a star because Microsoft does such a poor job of supporting their own products. Hope this saves some folks the frustration I experienced.

Method 1 :
Synchronizing
To do this you need both the controller and the PC powered on and the wireless adaptor plugged in. Then press the sync button on both devices.
on May 16, 2017
I had originally got this for me and my daughter to play XBOX 360 games a few years ago. Its been sitting in a drawer since then. Recently I decided to setup a RetroPie (raspberry pi) box. I look at a lot of controller options and discussions. I never got a real clear answer until I setup the pie and tried it myself. These work on RetroPie. Just plug in the USB puck and setup the controller. If you have an XBOX 360 sitting around collecting dust, you can setup two controllers. You might be able to setup more but I only have two. Don't waste your money on those Buffalo (SNES looking) controllers. These are better quality and have more buttons.
on October 17, 2017
Great controller... when it works. A few months after having this controller, I noticed that, sometimes, the left shoulder button wouldn't fire when pressed. I took a toothbrush to it and it would work better. This behavior just keeps getting worse. A couple of weeks ago, it has started failing much more often than working. I don't use this controller that much, so it's not from being worn out. The left shoulder button is noticeably more spongy than the right one. The right one makes a nice click when pressed, the left one is more like a thunk. I took the case off and the it's not just the physical button that's weak, the actual sensor makes a different sound and is spongy compared to the other side. Based on other reviews, these shoulder buttons seem to be a weak point, so pass on this controller if you don't want to be replacing it in a few months.
on September 12, 2016
I will start this off by stating that I am a PC gamer. I built my own computer, and have been playing with mouse and keyboard for a while. I decided I would try out controllers and bought this one. Needless to say I love it. Its not perfect but it is very comfortable and makes for easy storage. For those of you who are wondering if you need any extra software or drivers to use this, I just plugged it into my PC and it worked fine. Now I practically don't use my keyboard for gaming. Only this. Another great benefit is that you can store the dongle behind your PC (desktop) and hidden away from any view it will still work the same. If you are wondering about game compatibility, you should not be worried. Most AAA games have controller support like GTA, COD,Titainfall, and much more.

Pros:
-Great Design and fit
-Non slip surface
-Dongle does not have to be directly in front of controller
-Easy Storage
-Automatic Power off
-No need to install drivers (Windows 10)
-Great game compatibility

Cons:
-Right bumper stopped responding in certain areas after normal use
-When it first arrived the left top joy stick squeaked a lot while used

Conclusion:
If you are looking for a affordable controller this is one of your best options.
on December 3, 2015
I really do not have much experience to compare this product with others out there. I know there are cheaper controllers, but I bought this based on the reviews out there and trust Microsoft's expertise in making controllers for their Xbox. Personally I bought this because I just installed Windows 10 and Microsoft was having a 10 cent sale on a bunch of their games! I didn't want to mess up my keyboard with games so I bought this for those games that would work better with a controller, specifically racing games.

I can say that I am very pleased with its performance and I believe my game playing has actually improved because of this controller! I am glad I bought this controller!

Pros:
-decent price
-has vibration feedback
-good button feel
-solid build
-long cable

Cons:
-there are cheaper controllers with a high star rating
-functionality will most likely depend on the game
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 27, 2015
My son set up a xbox at my house for the grandkids to use when they visit.. so I decided to pick up an extra controller. I bought this solely for use with the xbox console and it wasn't till after I received it that I realized it could double and be used on the computer also.

I am not a techie person.. but I just wanted to say that it works great with the console.. the grandkids have not had any complaints about it at all.. it stays plugged in and seems to work flawlessly with all the games they have played. A endurance test will start tomorrow when they will be here for school break for the whole week, three youngsters and one xbox.. so I am sure the controller is going to get a work out

If I discover any thing more about the use of the controller after it has logged in some serious hours.. I will update this review. But for now.. it appears to be a really nice duel purpose controller.
on November 7, 2015
I picked this up so I could play some different PC games without a keyboard and mouse and have been super happy with it.

The control feels great in my hand and the setup process was next to nothing. I just plugged the included USB dongle into a USB port on my PC and waited for the drivers to install and I was up and running in less than a minute.

The logo in the middle of the controller has a ring around it to let you know which player you are and will even tell you when the batteries are getting low by doing a light chase around the logo.

What I found out a while later is that you can go to your local store and pick up additional controllers and connect them to the existing dongle! This makes it SO much easier for your friends to bring a controller if they have one and not have to bring more USB plugs for your PC. It's just a simple sync process between their controller and your dongle and you're playing in no time!
on December 30, 2016
Only used it once since I've opened it but it won't allow me to use my headset I can hear everyone but I can't speak for some reason it's not the headphones because I can hear everything perfectly I think on the way here or just at the manufacturer the jack got messed up somehow because I keep it up and I unplug everything after use I know I didn't do anything next time I won't be getting straight from the source that's what I get for trying to get a good controller
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.