Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,673 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,753 reviews
on January 5, 2015
Received knock-off, brand-less controller labeled TY-G403A that was much cheaper and obviously not official.
review image
88 comments| 292 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 28, 2015
No need to fret over a wireless receiver it comes with one.
review image review image
on June 20, 2014
I ordered this because it said that it DID come with a usb dongle. When I received mine today, there was no dongle. That makes this controller more expensive than a deal I passed up for this one, makes it useless to me currently, and makes it much more expensive than a one that legitimately comes with a dongle as others have posted because it would require a purchase of dongle itself. This was a sold by GPSTOCK and fulfillment by amazon. Yes, this is the fault of GPStock for not sending what was advertized, but it is also the fault of amazon for not confirming their products are the same as the product page of the item claiming to be sold. This might work if I had a usb dongle, but I currently have a $40 falsely advertised paper weight.

I dont know about other sellers of this item, but DO NOT BY FROM GPSTOCK.

EDIT: the following was the response I received from GPStock:

"I would like to apologize on behalf of the whole GPStock Team. We are new to amazon seller central and have made a genuine mistake. We listed our product as Xbox controller for Windows which misled many of our customers into believing that we would be including the USB receiver. Although we did not write in our product description that the receiver would be included, we now see how customers would assume it would be. Therefore we would like to offer to send you a free receiver to make up for our mistake. We will also be changing our Product name, along with adding an ultra-clear descriptions and product images to ensure that there will be no more situations like this. Hopefully by the end of the week, all changes will be made because Amazon is slow with re-instating blocked accounts. So, please send us your address so we can send the USB receiver as soon as possible."
44 comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 4, 2014
I got this for two reasons, the HTPC and the Amazon Fire TV box I just purchased.

After two days, here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
1. Amazing distance.
2. Worked out of the box. (seriously, super easy)
3. Works with most apps.

Cons:
1. The Xbox light flashes constantly! Seriously, that light is annoying in dimly lit rooms. I believe it's waiting for a "callback," of sorts, so that it knows what "player number" it's supposed to be. It never gets that number, so the controller always thinks it's connecting even though it's connected and working. Not sure if this will cause it to blow through the batteries quicker or not.
2. Takes up the ONE usb port on the FTV to use it.
3. Packaged with a charging kit would have been nice... but you can't have everything at this price!

Other than that, it's perfect. It's just that light... ugh.
on December 23, 2016
I just received my wireless Xbox 360 controller. It came with the wireless receiver. I purchased from Amazon directly and not through a third party. I installed it on both my gaming PC and on my Fire TV 4K. Did not have to install drivers or anything. It saw the controller and let me use it about 10 seconds later on both systems. I was able to get Nvidia gamestream working through moonlight-stream on my Fire TV. Steam saw I was using a 360 controller and adjusted properly in big picture mode.

Pros:
1. Wireless range is really good. No matter where I at sat in my living, it did not drop once.
2. It did come with 2 Duracell AA batteries which was nice.
3. One my Windows 10 PC, the controller did turn off automatically.
4. Same great controller with no deadzones or any buttons sticking.
5. Controller works great with games on Amazon.

Cons
1. Controller does not turn off when hooked up to my FireTV. Have to pop the battery pack out.
2. The 4 lights stay on flashing regardless if I am on my PC or on the FireTV.

Other than that, this controller has been great so far. Time will tell but so far I am enjoying being able to play games in my living room without having to hold my wireless keyboard and mouse. The issues I have are probably issues related to the programming of the FireTV.
on December 20, 2016
I've only had this controller for a little more than a day. I'll update the review after I've had it for a few months.

As soon as I got the controller home I plugged in the USB wireless receiver and Windows 10 immediately installed the drivers. Jumped on to Steam and was off and running with Battleborn and Battlefield. My daughter wanted to duke it out on the X-Box 360 so we headed into the living room and synced the controller to the 360. Up and running with no trouble at all.

Now that it is synced to both I can go from PC to X-Box just by walking to a different room, no hassles at all.
on February 18, 2015
For Windows 8/8.1 users...I was about ready to give up trying to make this controller work on my Windows 8.1 desktop. I was just about ready to send it back after reading that many others were having the same problem. Assuming the transceiver is listed in 'Devices and Printers' (in Control Panel) but the controller isn't registering with the transceiver then the following method worked for me and the controller/gamepad is working perfectly now. I found this method mentioned by one of the Community Discussion entries on the Microsoft compatibility page for the Xbox 360 wireless controller. Microsoft 'documentation' for this controller is pitiful or non-existent..they don't even tell you where the sync button is on the controller to effect the method listed below.....it's a small button on the very front of the controller. (You may have to hold them both down for a few seconds until the green light on the controller stops spinning and remains constant.) The controller/gamepad works great but I'm subtracting a star because Microsoft does such a poor job of supporting their own products. Hope this saves some folks the frustration I experienced.

Method 1 :
Synchronizing
To do this you need both the controller and the PC powered on and the wireless adaptor plugged in. Then press the sync button on both devices.
on May 16, 2017
I had originally got this for me and my daughter to play XBOX 360 games a few years ago. Its been sitting in a drawer since then. Recently I decided to setup a RetroPie (raspberry pi) box. I look at a lot of controller options and discussions. I never got a real clear answer until I setup the pie and tried it myself. These work on RetroPie. Just plug in the USB puck and setup the controller. If you have an XBOX 360 sitting around collecting dust, you can setup two controllers. You might be able to setup more but I only have two. Don't waste your money on those Buffalo (SNES looking) controllers. These are better quality and have more buttons.
on September 12, 2016
I will start this off by stating that I am a PC gamer. I built my own computer, and have been playing with mouse and keyboard for a while. I decided I would try out controllers and bought this one. Needless to say I love it. Its not perfect but it is very comfortable and makes for easy storage. For those of you who are wondering if you need any extra software or drivers to use this, I just plugged it into my PC and it worked fine. Now I practically don't use my keyboard for gaming. Only this. Another great benefit is that you can store the dongle behind your PC (desktop) and hidden away from any view it will still work the same. If you are wondering about game compatibility, you should not be worried. Most AAA games have controller support like GTA, COD,Titainfall, and much more.

Pros:
-Great Design and fit
-Non slip surface
-Dongle does not have to be directly in front of controller
-Easy Storage
-Automatic Power off
-No need to install drivers (Windows 10)
-Great game compatibility

Cons:
-Right bumper stopped responding in certain areas after normal use
-When it first arrived the left top joy stick squeaked a lot while used

Conclusion:
If you are looking for a affordable controller this is one of your best options.
on November 7, 2015
I picked this up so I could play some different PC games without a keyboard and mouse and have been super happy with it.

The control feels great in my hand and the setup process was next to nothing. I just plugged the included USB dongle into a USB port on my PC and waited for the drivers to install and I was up and running in less than a minute.

The logo in the middle of the controller has a ring around it to let you know which player you are and will even tell you when the batteries are getting low by doing a light chase around the logo.

What I found out a while later is that you can go to your local store and pick up additional controllers and connect them to the existing dongle! This makes it SO much easier for your friends to bring a controller if they have one and not have to bring more USB plugs for your PC. It's just a simple sync process between their controller and your dongle and you're playing in no time!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.