Microsoft Arc Mouse - Black
|Price:||$38.15 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Mouse folds to 60% of its fully expanded size
- Micro-transceiver snaps into the bottom of the mouse
- Folding motion turns mouse on/off
- Laser tracking for precision
- 2.4 GHz wireless with up to 30-foot range
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Microsoft Arc Mouse - Black
Microsoft RVF-00052 Arc Touch Mouse (Black) B009CP4PIW
Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition B00FG7MZP0
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Byzness Merchants||Amazon.com||PORTABLE GUY||Amazon.com|
|Hardware Interface||radio frequency||radio frequency||bluetooth||usb|
|Sensor Technology||Laser||Blue Track||Blue Track||Blue Track|
|Battery Description||AAA||AAA||Information not provided||Information not provided|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
You take your notebook PC everywhere. That's why the Arc Mouse is designed to go with you. Expanded, it's a sturdy and comfortable full-sized mouse. Folded, it fits perfectly into your bag.
Folds for Portability
Designed for comfort, the Arc Mouse folds to 60% of its fully expanded size, with the folding motion controlling turning the mouse on and off.
For easy navigation.
Made of metal for durability.
Snaps into the bottom of the mouse.
Battery status indicator
Changes color to indicate when the battery needs to be replaced.
- 2.4 GHz wireless with up to 30-foot range
- Laser tracking
- 4 buttons
- Carrying case included
- Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP or Mac OS X v10.2-10.5
- Powered USB port
- 2 AAA alkaline batteries (included)
Top Customer Reviews
After we first shipped the Arc mouse in September 2008, we quickly discovered an issue with the scroll wheel. We fixed it and new mice being manufactured don't have this issue. (And for people reading this review who have not already purchased a mouse, any new mice you purchase TODAY should not have this problem.) However, there were a small amount of units manufactured that we couldn't catch in time before they made their way to the store shelf or warehouse.
If you are using the Arc Mouse, and your scroll wheel stops functioning, you can call this number to get support: (800) 360-7561. (US customers only.)
We really value your feedback and want to ensure you are satisfied with your Microsoft products. Keep the reviews coming.
1. The size. It's a full-sized mouse, yet it folds up nicely for transportation.
2. The laser is accurate. Finally! A laser mouse you can use on your bed sheets/blankets/pillows without skipping horribly. Does it work on a glass tabletop? Sorry, I didn't try it, but I would think not.
3. Appearance. Sure, this may not be a big deal to anyone, but it looks good -- well, the black one does anyway...
4. Noise. The buttons don't have a pronounced "plastic click" sound. Some may find this to be a disadvantage, but my wife is thanking me dearly for not keeping her awake when I'm on my laptop late at night.
5. The small USB plug -- not quite as small as the Logitech Nano, but close.
Of course, there are some shortcomings:
1. Functionality. This is a very basic device -- Right click/Left click/Scroll/Back are your functions. That's it; no browser forward, email, volume, etc. features here. To me, not a big deal. To you, it might be.
2. The browser 'back' button is WAY too far down toward the nose of the mouse. I can't imagine the prehensile anatomy of whoever thought this would be ergonomically viable to us modern-day hominids.
All things considered, I like this mouse a lot. It could have more features, but what it lacks in that regard, it makes up for in comfort and styling.
The mouse feels full sized when opened, but takes little space when folded up. It uses the tiny usb transciever with no wire or "pod" extending from the part that plugs into the computer. No direct line of sight necessary.
The scroll seems good, not quite as high quality as the Explorer 2 wireless, but the clicking is phenomenal. The back button is good. The only missing feature is a forward button, though rarely used, is noticeably missing.
The fit and finish of this mouse is superior. The build quality seems very high. Possibly the best mouse Microsoft has made, from an overall perspective.
Ergonomics seem very good with this mouse. It took me no adjustment time going from an Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 to this mouse. It takes only 2 AAA batteries for which Microsoft says should last 6 months.
Best feature: The mousing seems incredibly precise and high resolution. It is very good at navigating very fine movements.
Edit in, a few weeks later: I bought two of these and while I'm still very happy with both of them, the scroll wheel stopped working on the red one. It spins, but there's no clicking and the computer doesn't register that it is scrolling. Amazon is replacing, and since the other one is fine I'm hoping this is an abnormality.
Overall, I'm quite pleased and am thinking of using this with my desktop computer as well.
Update: (11/29/08) Bah. I have to change my review a bit.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
These are great. When I got mine, the red ones were a lot cheaper than the black ones, now I see that has reversed. Color doesn't matter. Read morePublished 1 day ago by frozebubba
This mouse was great, when it worked... The USB broke inside my computer and I haven't had it long at all. I'd like to request a return but it's past my 30 days.Published 5 days ago by Amazon Customer
The one I got, at least, works well on generic synthetic-"wood"-veneer-over-chipboard office desks... and almost no other surface. Read morePublished 9 days ago by utsusemi
Microsoft's Arc Mouse is one of the most portable, usable, comfortable wireless mice. Great battery life. Very easy to use. Read morePublished 9 days ago by T. Cady
Love this mouse. It's a little bit of a battery hog, but great none the less.Published 11 days ago by Roland the headless thompson gunner
It tracks well, has a decent feel (a little too steep for my taste) and is very portable. The scroll wheel does not work as all other mouse wheels. Read morePublished 12 days ago by Nicholas