Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Microwave Spatter Screen, Red Beads
|Price:||$5.47 & FREE Shipping|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Save time! Revolutionary flexible 13" mesh eliminates spatters and keeps microwave clean.
- Save $! Eliminates Paper and plastic wrap waste.
- Weighted to stay in place to fit most plates and bowl sizes!
- Stain resistant, durable, easy to use and clean. Just Rinse!
- For cooking and reheating. BPA Free FDA Food Contact safe material. MADE IN THE USA!
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 0:08 Mins|
I am attaching several photos to accompany my review. Photo #1, which shows my hand under the splatter screen, illustrates what the screen looks like. It looks and feels similar to a piece of sheer window curtain. The edges are not finished in any way and have a ragged look as if someone cut it with scissors (i.e. it is not a smooth edge when you cut it with a circular cutting edge machine). A red bead is glued to the material every few inches along the edge. These beads meant to keep the edges down when the material is draped around a dish in the microwave, but they are too light to do this job well. If you have a large dish the material sags in the middle and touches the food.
What I liked:
1) It does prevent splatter
2) It was relatively inexpensive
3) I was able to wash it with dish washing solution like I would a rag, and the splatter was removed. Curry stains were not, but I don't hold that against the material.
What I did not like:
1) It sags in the middle and touches food
2) Relatively small in diameter, not enough to cover some of my cooking containers (see Photo #2, where the splatter is over a small hummus container for relative size)
3) After I washed it, I had hard time finding a place for it to dry. My hard plastic screen just stands in the dish drying rack, but it was hard to find a place for this large sheer piece of material that was not in the way.Read more ›
Believe me, next time a soup blows up in your microwave, you will be wishing you had this!
It's very easy to clean!
I bought 5 of them for stocking stuffers this year and everyone loves it!
- Cheaply made. You could make one yourself with stuff from a craft/fabric store.
- Sags in the middle when used on large bowls or plates, it touches the food, goes right into soups and sauces.
- The red beads around the edge are just glued on, and can come off easily. One popped off after I used it once. I don't like the idea of a little plastic bead that can come off in food at any time. Not good for small kids or even adults who can accidentally swallow it.
- Very hard to keep clean. If the mesh touches any food at all, or if food spatters (as it always does, that's why you'd buy this) the food gets stuck in the mess and it's hard/messy to clean it up, if you can clean it up at all.
Save your money, don't buy this.
I don't like plastics near my food or in my home if I don't have to have it, but a hard/tall plastic (BPA Free) cover is the best thing on the market right now (until someone from Corelle gets smart and makes one out of tempered light weight glass like Corningware). Just be sure to get one that fits your microwave (get the largest that fits your unit, don't worry if it's too big for small plates) and make sure the vent hole is NOT too large and NOT right in the middle. A vent hole in the middle invites trouble from splatter that almost always shoots straight up AND when you put your finger in the hole in the middle the steam will surely burn you. The vent holes should be very small, around the edges only.
I have just ordered this one: ...Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I had one of these splatter screen a long time ago and really liked it but it got lost when I moved and could not find them anywhere in any store / just happened to stumble across... Read morePublished 4 days ago by Michael Richwalski
Not sure about this. I have to wonder what it is made of and if it is plastic that should not be used in microwave. Read morePublished 17 days ago by Jill
Love these things. If cheese melts on them they are a little harder to clean. If I'm heating cheese covered dish I use 3 toothpicks to hold screen off food.Published 25 days ago by PAR1960
I love it. It saves me money since I do not have to buy extra paper towels to microwave. I always recommend it to my friends and family. I would not want to be without it.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer