Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "MidWest Critter Nation Animal Habitat with Stand, ..." and save 9% off the $349.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $52.22 shipping
Critter Nation / Small Animal Cage with Stand
- Full Width Double Doors Provide Maximum Accessibility for Easy Cleaning & Feeding
- 1/2 " Horizontal Wire Spacing Allows Pets to Fulfill Their Instinct to Climb & Explore in Secure Environment
- Wide Expanse Shelf & Full Width Plastic Pan Floor to Provide Maximum Play Area & Prevent Dangerous Falls
- Less-Mess and Easily Removable Height Adjustable Shelves with Removable Plastic Tray for Easy Cleaning
- Happy Feet Ramp Cover Protects Pets Feet and Provides Traction & No-Slip Passage Between Levels
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
Critter Nation Double Unit
Designed With Critters In Mind
The Critter Nation by MidWest Homes for Pets provides the ultimate habitat for your small animals - rats, chinchillas, ferrets, sugar gliders, hedgehogs, and more! Critter Nation was designed to keep your critters happy and healthy, while providing accessibility and easy cleaning for you.
The Ultimate Habitat
Each Double Unit Critter Nation cage comes equipped with three ramps and ramp covers, two resting shelves and two easy to remove base pans for easy cleaning. The full-width double doors provide maximum accessibility for easy cleaning and feeding. The wide expansive shelf and full-width plastic pan floor provide a generous play area for your critter and helps prevent dangerous falls. Designed with pet owners in mind, we've included 'critter-proof' dual-locking door latches that provide a secure, easy one-handed operation.
The Critter Nation has multiple attaching points for adding hammocks, tubes, toys and other accessories that are sold separately.
- 1/2" Horizontal Wire Spacing Allows Animals to Explore
- Full-Width Double Doors
- Wide Expanse Shelf with Full-Width Plastic Pan Floor
- Swing-Up Locking Ramp
- Critter-Proof Dual Locking Door Latches
- Easily Adjustable Shelves
- Happy Feet Ramp Covers to Protect Critter Feet
- Sturdy Square Tube Frame and Wire Construction
- Gray Quartz Hammertone Finish
Features and Benefits
The Critter Nation stand is easily maneuverable with locking casters to keep it in place, and it raises the cage to a comfortable height while providing an area for storage.
Maximum Pet Security
The 1/2" horizontal wire spacing allows your pets to fulfill their instinct to climb and explore in a secure environment.
The happy feet ramp covers protect your pets' feet and provides traction and no-slip passage between levels.
Full Width Double Doors
The convenient full width double doors provide maximum accessibility for easy cleaning and feeding and the critter-proof dual locking door latches allow you to open with one hand.
|Nation Accessories Kit 1||Nation Accessories Kit 2||Nation Accessories Kit 3||Critterville Small Animal Playpen||Nation Accessories Privacy Cover|
|The Perfect Accessories for your Small Animal Cage||Kit 1 includes 2 Nation Shelf Covers and 1 Small Hammock||Kit 2 includes 2 Nation Shelf Covers, 1 Bottom Pan Cover, 1 Top Pan Cover and 3 Happy Feet Ramp Covers||Kit 3 includes 1 Cozy Cuddle Cube, 1 Small Resting Hammock, 1 Busybody Blankie, 1 Hide & Seek Play Tunnel and 1 Resting Hammock||Provides 5 to 9 Feet of Living Space Depending on Configuration of Playpen (Rectangle, Hexagon, Diamond)||Hook & Loop Tabs Secure Cover In Place And Allow For Full Or Partial Cage Coverage|
|Compatible with all Ferret Nation and Critter Nation Habitats||Compatible with all Ferret Nation and Critter Nation Habitats||Compatible with all Ferret Nation and Critter Nation Habitats||Great Playpen for Pet and Pet Parent to Interact and Play||Compatible with all Ferret Nation and Critter Nation Habitats|
|Machine Washable and Dryer Friendly||Machine Washable and Dryer Friendly||Machine Washable and Dryer Friendly||Perfect For Non-Jumping Small Animals (Hamsters, Gerbils, Guinea Pigs)||Machine Washable and Dryer Friendly|
|1 Year Manufacturer's Warranty||1 Year Manufacturer's Warranty||1 Year Manufacturer's Warranty||Folds Flat for Convenient Storage & Travel||Protects and Protects your Pet|
The Critter Nation Double Unit (model 162) small animal cage by MidWest Homes for Pets provides the ultimate habitat for a variety of small animals including Rats, Chinchillas, Ferrets, Dagus and etc... The double unit Critter Nation creates the spacious living area your pet requires to thrive and the 1/2 " horizontal wire spacing allows pets to fulfill their instinct to climb & explore in a secure environment. Each double unit Critter Nation cage comes equipped with two ramps and ramp covers, two resting shelves and two easy to remove base pans for easy cleaning. We included full-width double doors that provide maximum accessibility for easy cleaning and feeding. The wide expansive shelf and full-width plastic pan floor provide a generous play area for your Ferret / Chinchilla / Rat / Dagu and helps to prevent dangerous falls. Designed with customer convenience in mind, we've included "critter-proof" dual-locking door latches that provide a secure, easy one-handed operation. Shelves include removable plastic trays for easy cleaning and are height adjustable so you can tailor the Critter / Small Animal cage to your pet's needs. The Critter Nation has multiple attaching points for adding hammocks, tubes, toys and other accessories that are sold separately. Constructed from sturdy square tube frame and strong wire metal the Critter Nation also has an attractive gray-quartz hammer tone finish that is sure to blend with any decor. If you wish to add onto your Critter Nation cage, please take a look at the Critter Nation Add-On Unit (model 163) and be sure to check out our available Ferret Nation / small animal accessories to spruce up your Critter Nation as well! MidWest Homes for Pets stands behind the quality of our products with a 1 Year Manufacturer's Warranty. If you have any questions about our dog crates our customer service department would be glad to help you. MidWest customer service can be contacted at: 1-800-428-8560, available 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday - Friday.
Size: Two Story | Color: Gray Quartz
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Compare to similar items
This item MidWest Critter Nation Animal Habitat with Stand, Double Unit, 36 Inches by 24 Inches by 63 Inches
Ferret Nation Habitat / Cage, Double Unit B0054U8UGW
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$34.99|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Encompass All|
|Item Dimensions||25 x 36 x 62.5 in||20 x 31 x 54 in||25 x 36 x 62.5 in||17 x 24 x 38 in|
|Item Weight||109 lbs||50 lbs||93 lbs||24 lbs|
Top Customer Reviews
This cage is also fun/easy to accessorize. Since the shelves have three height adjustments, it gives you a lot of control over where things can go, you can attach hammocks and other things to the bottom of the trays. You can also add additional lava ledges and bird perches for more vertical climbing. I took off one star partially because the double wide doors do make it almost impossible to put lava ledges anywhere but towards the front of the cage, unless you have someone else helping you. Ultimately though it's not a big deal.
As others have said, there's a chance your box will come damaged and the cage itself is a pain to put together. Both of my cages have some slight gaps in places where things just weren't lining up correctly, but the gaps are more cosmetic than anything. They don't affect the stability of the cage and the rats can't get out of them or anything like that. It just looks sort of shoddy. (Another reason I removed one star.)
Overall though, I've been extremely happy with my purchase. I've owned one of these DCNs for close to a year now so I can say with complete certainty that they're built to last.
**UPDATE** I made my own guard using 3 1/2 inch pine boards that I cut and glued together the same size as the original tray. It rests on top of the tray adding 3 1/2 inches of height to the tray walls and can be removed just as easily as the litter tray. The cut lengths I used were 2 boards 23 inches long and 2 boards 33 1/4 long.
I have 4 female rats at the moment and this has been the best investment for them and me. I've had this cage for about 9 months. It is absolutely the best cage I have ever owned. Even small rats will be fine in this cage. Mine are all medium sized. Putting this thing together took a while, but it was not hard, just requires some patience. Yes it's expensive, but well worth the price if you ware going to continue to have more pets use it. I foresee having many generations of rats use this cage.
I like other reviewers purchased mine from somewhere other than Amazon because their price was about $100 more than everywhere else. I would have gladly purchased it from Amazon if it was a more reasonable price.
1. Solid construction, built to last years!
2. Easy to clean, removable trays. I use a very mild cleaning solution that is natural to wash the cage itself monthly. I maintain the trays as clean as i can without taking them out until they should be hand washed. I take them out and wash the them usually every 4-5 days or so.
3. Excellent wide swinging doors. The doors open all the way so that you can remove the trays for cleaning. My rats LOVE to climb on the doors when they are open. I'll open all the doors so that they can climb around and get some exercise.
4. Perfect height/size: this cage is a great size (yes its big). I love that they have so much room to do what they want in it. You can hang all kinds of hammocks and/or toys from the tray supports. I have a huge wheel that my rats love to use that fits wonderfully inside the first level. at any given time they have 1-4 hammocks/beds or accessories in their cage. There is maybe room for more, but I don't like to pile too much into their cage. The first level sits high enough that I can open the doors and any of my rats can get out on their own if they like. They can also jump back into the cage or rather climb/jump if they really want to.
5. Easy locking between main levels. This allows me to put them all on top and clean the bottom, then put them all on the bottom and clean the top. It makes for easily cleaning. before I had to find someone to watch them while I cleaned their cage. now I don't have to worry about it at all. Stress Free!
6. The bottom shelf is great for storing all their stuff. I have a few lids to some boxes that i keep their things in that just sit nicely on this shelf. The shelf sits high enough that it give good coverage for them to run under it whit no issue.
7. The Caster make it easy to move around. I place them on top of some carpet protectors, but it's very easy to lock them in place or move the cage when I need to clean around or under it.
1. Bedding doesn't stay in the cage/tray well. (I've added some lining to the cage for their bedding on the base level so it stays inside) It would be nice if the bottom tray was deeper for bedding purposes.
2. Ramps have a large separation between bars, they could be a little closer together for smaller rats (pets)
3. I've lost one or two of the metal pieces that are used to hang the ramps. It's easy to lose these if you take the ramps off to clean them often. Therefore I don't use the ramp on the top level, so my rats have just been climbing up which has worked fine for them. I think these parts can be purchased from the manufacture.
I've never owned such a great cage, nor probably will I find another one so amazing. It will last forever and will accommodate more than the 4 rats I currently have, if i ever wanted more. You can easily clean it and store whatever your pets need on the bottom shelf. It gives them a lot of room and freedom that they need. You can easily see them from any location in the the cage. You don't have to work to get any pets of this cage either because the doors open all they way you can fit half your body into the cage. I highly recommend this cage to anyone that wants to give their pets some room. It really has a very low cost of maintenance and will last years when taken care of. You can always go with the version that is only half of what I got. It's less money and would work fine for my 4 rats, but I spent the extra money to get he add-on and I'm glad i did.