Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
MidWest Life Stages Folding Metal Dog Crate
|Price:||$50.23 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- 36L x 24W x 27H Inches. Ideal for pets 41 to 70 pounds
- Double doors for side and front access; slide-bolt latches; rounded corners
- Durable Satin Black E-Coat Finish with Easy to Clean ABS plastic pan included
- Easy setup and folddown to portable size. Divider panel included, allowing you to adjust your puppy's living area as it grows.
- Midwest Life Stages Crates are available in 6" length increments. As the crate models get longer, they also get wider and taller, so the different sized crates are designed for different sizes and breeds of dog. Remember: Because of the divider panel, you only need one crate from puppy to adult, so buy your crate for the expected size of your adult dog.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Size: 36-Inch w/Divider | Style: Double Door
From the Manufacturer
Double Door Dog Crates
Your Dog's Home for Life!
Home Training and Travel Series
LifeStages double-door door dog crates by MidWest Homes for Pets are your dog’s home for life! Designed completely around the safety, security, and comfort of your dog, LifeStages crates set up easily in seconds without tools. The two door design offers versatile front & side access, allowing you to use the crate in more locations within your home, as well as in SUVs for travel. Features include safe and secure slide-bolt latches, rounded corners, a durable satin-black Electro-Coat finish, and a removable, washable plastic pan for easy cleanup in the event of an accident. LifeStages crates come with a free divider panel for use while your puppy is growing. Simply choose the size of crate that your dog will need when it reaches its full adult size. The divider panel will allow you to adjust the length of the living area while your puppy grows. LifeStages crates easily fold down to a portable size for suitcase-style carrying and include plastic carrying handles to move the folded crate from one location to another comfortably. LifeStages carry a one-year limited warranty and are available in six sizes.
Rounded corners and safe and secure slide-bolt latches for your pet’s protection.
Fold and Carry
Sets up and folds down in seconds with no tools required! Easy-to-attach plastic handles make it easy to transport the folded crate.
Pan Stop keeps easy to remove, easy to clean plastic pan in place.
Includes Free Divider Panel
The Brand That Stands for Something More
Quality product is what built our brand starting 90 years ago. It’s the foundation of our business. A commitment ongoing, industry-leading quality assurance practices and procedures is what sustains our brand.
We set ourselves apart from our competitors through our relationship among our research and design department, our quality assurance and testing lab, our customer service team, and our production facilities.
This ensures that the pets who use our products are given the the best, most innovative, and safest homes and products on the market.
- Each MidWest product undergoes rigorous product testing from the product design phase and throughout the lifespan of the product line.
- Our tests follow detailed procedures and evaluation methods and are designed to meet the highest of standards.
- Our Customer Service team is ready to assist you!
From Puppy Training. ..
To a Home for Life!
A crate provides a personal, den-like space for your dog to call his own, and it also helps with housebreaking, potty training, and reducing unwanted behaviors like chewing and barking. Choose a crate that will provide adequate space when your dog reaches its’ full, adult size, large enough to stand up without having to hunch and to lie down with legs outstretched. However, don't buy a crate that is too large -- it won’t provide the feeling of safety and security that a dog enjoys in a properly-sized crate.
While your dog is a puppy, the crate may be too big, leading him to eliminate in one end then go to the other end to sleep; divider panels are designed to solve this problem!
- Use our size-breed chart to determine the appropriate size crate for your breed.
- Choose a crate that will provide adequate space when your dog reaches his adult size.
- Use the divider panel to adjust the length of living area as your puppy grows.
- Acquaint your puppy with his new home. Start from early puppyhood and have your puppy sleep and rest in his home. He will begin to seek security and comfort inside his little “dog room.”
- Be gentle. Encourage your puppy to go into his home. Don’t force him!
- Once he is comfortable with his home, simply restrain him at the door with the door, praising him lavishly. Soon he will be secure in his home with the door closed.
- Understand that little puppies need to “go” about every 2-4 hours. On a schedule, (such as after feeding, before bedtime, first thing in morning) let your puppy out, teach him the route to the door, praise him at the door and take him out to the part of the yard you want him to use. Very quickly you are teaching him an elimination schedule that will stay with him for the rest of his life.
- Supervise your pup anytime he is free in your home. Supervision is what allows you to direct behavior.
- Never punish your pup by putting or forcing him into his home. Your pup’s home should be his secure place, it should not be associated with punishment, fear, or anything negative.
- Visit midwesthomes4pets.com for additional information on crate training and housebreaking.
|QuietTime Pet Beds||Steel Pet Gates||Exercise Pens||Snap'y Fit Bowls|
|The Perfect Accessories for Your Crate!||Ideal for Use in Crates, Carriers, Dog House, Vehicles||Keeps Pets in a Good Place||Attach to a Crate For Extra Space & Room to Exercise or Use Alone||Bracket Attaches to Crate and Holds Bowl in Place|
|Ultra-soft Synthetic Sheepskin or Plush Fur||Strong & Durable Steel Frame Construction||Easy to Set Up -- No Tools Required||Locks Securely to Reduce Water and Food Spills in Pet's Living Area|
|Comfortable Polyester-Filled Bolsters||Pressure Mounts for Easy Installation||Folds Flat for Convenient Storage||Rust Resistant Brushed Stainless Steel Bowl|
|Machine Washable||One-Handed, Safe & Secure Spring-Loaded Latch||Configure as a Square or Octagon||Available in 10 oz., 20 oz., 4 and 8 Fl. Cup (1 & 2 QT) Sizes|
|19 inch Wide Door Swings in Either Direction for Easy Walk Through||Perfect for Indoor or Outdoor Use||Bracket Allows for Easy Removal|
|Textured Graphite or Smooth White Finish|
Compare to Similar Items
This item: MidWest Life Stages Double-Door Folding Metal Dog Crate, 36 Inches by 24 Inches by 27 Inches
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Won Lane|
|Dimensions||36 inches x 24 inches||36 inches x 23 inches||36 inches x 23 inches||42 inches x 29 inches|
|Item Weight||0.66 pounds||24 pounds||19.93 pounds||29.1 pounds|
|Size||36-Inch w/Divider||36-Inch w/Divider||Medium||42" Double-Door w/ Divider|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
1) Cage is very sturdy. Others we have used have had much thinner and more easily bent wire.
2) Two doors. Inevitably you need to place the cage in a position where a side door is needed.
3) Divider to constrain puppies. A divider is the way to train a small pup, limiting their ability to relieve themselves to only where they rest. They get it much more quickly. In every other situation, I built my own divider out of plywood. This would have saved me construction time and readjusting as they grew. Another suggestion - Don't use towels or blankets that might absorb urine during taining. Once or twice and your dog "gets it." Introduce a blanket or pad only after they are trustworthy in the crate.
4) Best fold and setup of any cage I have owned.
5) Price. Checked out three big box pet stores. This was a better value for all the items above at a lower price.
6) Liked the plastic tray for our situation as our dog is house broken and not a chewer. Think a metal insert might have been better for pups.
1) Rough spots on wire end edge at doorways. I used a fine file to smooth out the sharp edges I found on several wire ends. The manufacturer should have done the same smoothing they used on the corners at the door openings.
2) Clips not fully closed. There are metal clips that act as hinges for set up and fold down. Several were not completely clamped close, again making an unsafe edge for you or your pet. A pliers made quick work of that problem.
I really wanted to give this product a five.Read more ›
Our trips to the vet, only 5 miles away have proven nerve racking because the cats are uncomfortable in our smaller, plastic pet carrier. After the 10 minute trips to the vet filled with high pitched meowing, more like shrill feline cries of impending doom, we decided we needed to purchase something different for the upcoming 4 day road trip. We then tried a larger crate that allowed room for the cats to travel together, which has greatly reduced the amount of noise they make while in the car together. This has made the trips to the vet much more pleasant but still isn't practical enough for our upcoming move.
After measuring the cargo capacity of our Toyota Rav 4, we finally decided on the 42"x28"x31" crate. This size allows room for both cats to lay down without being on top of each other, and room for a litter box for their long journey. We unpacked and assembled the crate when it arrived and found a center divider panel that can turn this large crate into 2 separate compartments for smaller puppies, I presume. Instead of making 2 smaller compartments, we turned the divider sideways and zip tied it in place to make a nice elevated shelf, which essentially adds about 50% more space for them to sprawl out!Read more ›
1. Easy to put together and fold away. Solid black e-coat steel wire, conjoined with small metal plates with welded corners facing out. It comes with a slightly smaller divider that you can hook to the insides of the crate. As our puppy got bigger, we moved the divider and eventually removed it.
2. The two doors (one on the long end is off-centered) are not removable and opens only one way so it's not omni-directional when you place it in tight spaces. You may want to check out some crates with three doors if so.
3. The bottom tray is made of black-composite plastic material, easy to wipe clean and slide out from under the short end of the door.
4. I like the double latch, but some people may find it a little more work to open and close day-to-day.
5. If you buy a crate cover, check out Cratewear Pet Dreams 3-Piece (which fits this model well, but only work with the door on the short end).
6. For this price, it's a good crate to highly consider because your goal is to have a sanctuary for your puppy (for time out and quiet-time) and to housebreak your dog and/or temperate from negative behavior (such as chewing furniture, etc.)
I hope this review is helpful for you.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
We purchased two of these, one each for our medium-sized dogs, for a trip. The heavy-gauge wire, easy set-up and take-down, removable tray, and two doors - side and end - made... Read morePublished 13 hours ago by Graymalkin
The first one I received had issues with both doors. The one opened like it needed some WD-40 to loosen it up. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Megan RJ
Arrived timely and in perfect condition. Not too bad to set up; took about 15-20 minutes. Perfect size and sturdiness for my 40 lb, very energetic bird dog. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Amazon Customer
This crate is amazing! It was so easy to set up, looks wonderful, rolls easily across the floor, and opens and closes effortlessly. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Rebecca A. Bynum
I got this cage a couple of years ago and didn't think I would still even be able to write a review, but the option was still there so here I am. Read morePublished 1 day ago by dr_chandler
The cage seems to be well made but the instructions are incomplete. The divider is pretty much useless because of this.Published 1 day ago by roberto suarez jr
Crate is great, I bought the 42 size and it is plenty big for my shorthair. I had a problem with the divider. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Kymber D.