Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "MidWest Life Stages Folding Metal Dog Crate" and save 66% off the $129.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $6.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
MidWest Life Stages Heavy-Duty Folding Metal Dog Crates; Single Door & Double Door Dog Crates w/ Divider Panel, Floor Protecting “Roller” Feet & Leak-Proof Plastic Pan
- Double door metal dog crate, 36L x 24W x 27H inches
- Includes free divider panel, leak-proof plastic pan, carrying handle, rubber feet to protect floors and a 1 year Manufacturer's Warrranty. We manufacture the iCrate and the Life Stages Dog Crate. The main difference is the Life Stages is made of heavier gauge steel and has a tighter wire mesh making it stronger than iCrate.
- Two slide-bolt latches securely lock door in place
- Dog crate folds flat for convenient storage, travel and portability
- Strong and sturdy structual metal crate design creates a safe place for your pet while you're away
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Double Door Dog Crates
Your Dog's Home for Life!
Home Training and Travel Series
LifeStages double-door door dog crates by MidWest Homes for Pets are your dog’s home for life! Designed completely around the safety, security, and comfort of your dog, LifeStages crates set up easily in seconds without tools. The two door design offers versatile front & side access, allowing you to use the crate in more locations within your home, as well as in SUVs for travel. Features include safe and secure slide-bolt latches, rounded corners, a durable satin-black Electro-Coat finish, and a removable, washable plastic pan for easy cleanup in the event of an accident. LifeStages crates come with a free divider panel for use while your puppy is growing. Simply choose the size of crate that your dog will need when it reaches its full adult size. The divider panel will allow you to adjust the length of the living area while your puppy grows. LifeStages crates easily fold down to a portable size for suitcase-style carrying and include plastic carrying handles to move the folded crate from one location to another comfortably. LifeStages carry a one-year limited warranty and are available in six sizes.
Rounded corners and safe and secure slide-bolt latches for your pet’s protection.
Fold and Carry
Sets up and folds down in seconds with no tools required! Easy-to-attach plastic handles make it easy to transport the folded crate.
Pan Stop keeps easy to remove, easy to clean plastic pan in place.
Includes Free Divider Panel
The Brand That Stands for Something More
Quality product is what built our brand starting 90 years ago. It’s the foundation of our business. A commitment ongoing, industry-leading quality assurance practices and procedures is what sustains our brand.
We set ourselves apart from our competitors through our relationship among our research and design department, our quality assurance and testing lab, our customer service team, and our production facilities.
This ensures that the pets who use our products are given the the best, most innovative, and safest homes and products on the market.
- Each MidWest product undergoes rigorous product testing from the product design phase and throughout the lifespan of the product line.
- Our tests follow detailed procedures and evaluation methods and are designed to meet the highest of standards.
- Our Customer Service team is ready to assist you!
From Puppy Training...
To a Home for Life!
A crate provides a personal, den-like space for your dog to call his own, and it also helps with housebreaking, potty training, and reducing unwanted behaviors like chewing and barking. Choose a crate that will provide adequate space when your dog reaches its’ full, adult size, large enough to stand up without having to hunch and to lie down with legs outstretched. However, don't buy a crate that is too large -- it won’t provide the feeling of safety and security that a dog enjoys in a properly-sized crate.
While your dog is a puppy, the crate may be too big, leading him to eliminate in one end then go to the other end to sleep; divider panels are designed to solve this problem!
- Use our size-breed chart to determine the appropriate size crate for your breed.
- Choose a crate that will provide adequate space when your dog reaches his adult size.
- Use the divider panel to adjust the length of living area as your puppy grows.
- Acquaint your puppy with his new home. Start from early puppyhood and have your puppy sleep and rest in his home. He will begin to seek security and comfort inside his little 'dog room.'
- Be gentle. Encourage your puppy to go into his home. Don’t force him!
- Once he is comfortable with his home, simply restrain him at the door with the door, praising him lavishly. Soon he will be secure in his home with the door closed.
- Understand that little puppies need to 'go' about every 2-4 hours. On a schedule, (such as after feeding, before bedtime, first thing in morning) let your puppy out, teach him the route to the door, praise him at the door and take him out to the part of the yard you want him to use. Very quickly you are teaching him an elimination schedule that will stay with him for the rest of his life.
- Supervise your pup anytime he is free in your home. Supervision is what allows you to direct behavior.
- Never punish your pup by putting or forcing him into his home. Your pup’s home should be his secure place, it should not be associated with punishment, fear, or anything negative.
- Visit midwesthomes4pets website for additional information on crate training and housebreaking.
|QuietTime Pet Beds||Steel Pet Gates||Exercise Pens||Snap'y Fit Bowls|
|The Perfect Accessories for Your Crate!||Ideal for Use in Crates, Carriers, Dog House, Vehicles||Keeps Pets in a Good Place||Attach to a Crate For Extra Space & Room to Exercise or Use Alone||Bracket Attaches to Crate and Holds Bowl in Place|
|Ultra-soft Synthetic Sheepskin or Plush Fur||Strong & Durable Steel Frame Construction||Easy to Set Up -- No Tools Required||Locks Securely to Reduce Water and Food Spills in Pet's Living Area|
|Comfortable Polyester-Filled Bolsters||Pressure Mounts for Easy Installation||Folds Flat for Convenient Storage||Rust Resistant Brushed Stainless Steel Bowl|
|Machine Washable||One-Handed, Safe & Secure Spring-Loaded Latch||Configure as a Square or Octagon||Available in 10 oz., 20 oz., 4 and 8 Fl. Cup (1 & 2 QT) Sizes|
|19 inch Wide Door Swings in Either Direction for Easy Walk Through||Perfect for Indoor or Outdoor Use||Bracket Allows for Easy Removal|
|Textured Graphite or Smooth White Finish|
The Life Stages Double Door folding metal dog crate by MidWest Homes for Pets includes all of the features you will need to provide a convenient, safe and secure pet home for your best friend. This metal dog crate includes a free divider panel allowing you to adjust the size of the dog crate while your dog is still growing, a plastic leak-proof pan for easy clean-up in the event of an accident, a plastic carrying handle for easy portability and rubber “roller” feet on the bottom of the crate to protect your floors inside the home. The Life Stages Double Door metal dog crate configuration (with front and side door access) allows you to situate the dog crate to best fit your floor plan and folds down for convenient storage and portability. We at MidWest Homes for Pets understand that your dog is a part of your family and that’s why we ensure our dog crates are manufactured with the highest quality control standards creating a safe home for your pet that you can feel confident with. MidWest Homes for Pets stands behind the quality of our products with a 1 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty. If you have any questions about our dog crates our customer service department would be glad to help you. MidWest customer service can be contacted at: 1-800-428-8560, available 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday – Friday.
Size: 36-Inch w/Divider | Style: Double Door
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
If you found my review helpful please click yes on the button below I really appreciate your support for that I intend to leave reviews to help others make decisions prior to purchase taste upon my recommendations or disclosure and I utilize your reviews to help me with my purchases as well. my reviews are honest factual and accurate thank you
1) Cage is very sturdy. Others we have used have had much thinner and more easily bent wire.
2) Two doors. Inevitably you need to place the cage in a position where a side door is needed.
3) Divider to constrain puppies. A divider is the way to train a small pup, limiting their ability to relieve themselves to only where they rest. They get it much more quickly. In every other situation, I built my own divider out of plywood. This would have saved me construction time and readjusting as they grew. Another suggestion - Don't use towels or blankets that might absorb urine during taining. Once or twice and your dog "gets it." Introduce a blanket or pad only after they are trustworthy in the crate.
4) Best fold and setup of any cage I have owned.
5) Price. Checked out three big box pet stores. This was a better value for all the items above at a lower price.
6) Liked the plastic tray for our situation as our dog is house broken and not a chewer. Think a metal insert might have been better for pups.
1) Rough spots on wire end edge at doorways. I used a fine file to smooth out the sharp edges I found on several wire ends. The manufacturer should have done the same smoothing they used on the corners at the door openings.
2) Clips not fully closed. There are metal clips that act as hinges for set up and fold down. Several were not completely clamped close, again making an unsafe edge for you or your pet. A pliers made quick work of that problem.
I really wanted to give this product a five. But I just felt the slight safety issue was significant enough to mark it down to a four. No blood should ever be spilled by either pet or owner.
Update: The manufacturer contacted me via Email on this issue. Manufacturing mgmt wanted the date code off the unit to remedy the problem I am very impressed by their followup and attention to Amazon comments!