- Age Range: 8 and up
- Grade Level: 3 and up
- Paperback: 504 pages
- Publisher: Pearson; 1 edition (July 10, 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0130494909
- ISBN-13: 978-0130494900
- Product Dimensions: 8.2 x 0.9 x 10.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.2 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #523,136 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Middle Childhood to Middle Adolescence: Development from Ages 8 to 18 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Back Cover
Middle Childhood to Middle Adolescence: Development from Ages 8 to 18
Libby Balter Blume and Mary Jo Zembar
This new applied development text is the only text available that focuses on the critical age-span of middle childhood to adolescence. Ideal for child development courses that concentrate on middle childhood and adolescence, this text discusses major developmental research and theories as they relate to physical, intellectual, emotional, and social development. The book contains numerous applications for those who will teach and work with children ages 8 through 18.
An Emphasis on Children Ages 8 to 18
- The only text available that focuses solely on children’s development in middle childhood through adolescence.
An Emphasis on Application
- Throughout the text, research and theory are translated into practical applications for working with children.
- The feature “Guideposts for Working with School-Age Children or Adolescents” provides concrete suggestions and guidance for working with children and adolescents.
- “Stop and Reflect” questions embedded in the text allow readers to integrate and apply the chapter content to their own lives.
An Emphasis on Diverse Contexts
- Chapters 2-12 all end with a discussion of research in the diverse and cultural contexts of home, school, and community.
An Integrated Discussion of Research and Theories
- In addition to providing an overview of research and theory in Chapter 1, this text offers an integrated discussion of theories in Chapters 2-12 in the “Theoretical Viewpoints” section.
- The features “Roadmaps to Understanding Theory and Research” and “Roadmaps to Successful Practice” offer key illustrations of particular theories and research and how they apply to practice.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?