BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 4, 2016
My granddaughter loved this book and could not put it down.
on September 30, 2016
I'm reading this to my seventh grade language arts class. It's hilarious and thought provoking and they love it! Can't wait for the movie in November.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon September 8, 2012
I can understand why people who don't read much early and middle grade fiction might think that this is a good choice for their reader. The confessional narration, the reference to current issues, the type of humor, all suggest that this would be a good choice for a middle grader. And it's not a bad choice, in the sense that it is not in any way affirmatively harmful. And Patterson is a recognized brand name. It's just that this book is among the weakest choices compared to the literally dozens of works out there that are more authentic, better written, more genuine and more honest, and more appealing than this book.

These other choices have been written by authors who seem to actually value what they're doing, and try to do something beyond just paint-by-the-numbers books. I'd suggest trying some Tom Angleberger, Michael Buckley, Andrew Clements, Eoin Colfer, Bruce Coville, Ron Koertge, Gary Paulsen or Richard Peck. Each of these established authors has written very satisfying, and funny and thoughtful, middle grade fiction.

And if you want a book exactly like this one, but funnier , more engaging, and more authentic and better written, try any of Greg Heffley's volumes in the "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" series from Jeff Kinney.
on January 13, 2015
Middle school kids seem to really enjoy reading these books. In the first of the series, (this one) the main character gets into a lot of trouble all the time. Perhaps that is why it appeals to my 12-year-old son, even though my son isn't a trouble-maker. My son has never really been a fast reader, but he goes through these books like a hot knife through butter! The chapters are often only a few pages long, so readers feel like they have made significant progress even after reading for just 20 minutes. The reading is fairly easy.
on August 28, 2017
I may just be a kid doing a review but I really liked this book
I think everyone should read this
I recommend NOT to go out of order
My favorite part was when he ran down the hall as a ninja I am going to be in middle school next year so I will use it for sure and I can't wait to read book two james Patterson is awesome I like you Daniel x books and i funny books my friends read Jacky ha ha but I haven't I will soon but I have a lot to read right now(mostly your books)when I read out of order I accidentally started on middle school broccoli bullies and snake hill for sure that was my favorite book of the series but the rest are still amazing please keep going and lots more books I hope to come, -A 5th grade james Patterson fan
on February 19, 2016
My son loves James Patterson's books and this was a great way to get started with another. I bought this Kindle edition which was a "FREE PREVIEW: The First 20 Chapters". It is NOT the entire book, but enough to know whether your child is interested in the series or not. We currently have the entire paperback on order; he got through this preview in just a few hours! I think this will be another great series from Patterson that gets my 11-year-old to actually read a book without us having to ask. I love books and finding a series for pre-teen boys isn't always easy.

I received this FREE, but not for my review, it as a Kindle Promotion.
on September 6, 2012
I am a 46 year old man but I enjoy reading fun, creative, funny books that are generally meant for children. My favorite of this type are the Wimpy Kid books by Jeff Kinney.

The mix of childish drawings and funny stories have been a hit with readers of all ages and even spawned three hit movies.

In an attempt to capitalize on this trend several authors have tried to duplicate the success of Jeff Kinney. Some work. Some do not. This one does not. I only read the first 20 chapter preview and I'm so glad I didn't invest the time or money into the whole book. I found it to be a cheap imitation and not at all memorable; in fact I was bored.

It may be interesting to someone who is actually in middle school but I don't see how. If you want to read something light and funny or give a book to a kid who will find a new love of reading, this isn't it.

I read this two days ago and I can honestly say I don't remember any of it. That's how dull I found it. I definitely recommend this book... to stay away from.
on June 17, 2017
Bought a couple of these for my son. He read them all during his free time when he had PSSA testing. He loved them and wants the rest of the series.
on July 27, 2017
Your Middle Schoolers will love this book. Surviving life in a Middle has never been more entertaining.
on October 11, 2017
James Patterson has done it again. I enjoyed reading this book and I can relate to some of the contents.