Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Midland - ER210, Emergency Compact Crank Weather A..." and save 23% off the $59.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Midland - ER210, Emergency Compact Crank Weather AM/FM Radio - Multiple Power Sources, SOS Emergency Flashlight, NOAA Weather Scan + Alert, & Smartphone/Tablet Charger (Red/Black)
- MULTIPLE POWER SOURCES - The ER210 features 3 sustainable power sources to recharge your radio: Solar Panel, Hand Crank, & the Rechargeable 2000 mAh Battery. SOLAR PANEL - Recharge the internal lithium ion battery with direct sunlight. HAND CRANK - Recharge the radio during a power outage or anytime away from a power source. RECHARGEABLE 2000 mAh BATTERY - The replaceable long life lithium ion battery provides up to 25 hours of radio operation.
- EMERGENCY FLASHLIGHT - The SOS FLASHLIGHT BEACON flashes Morse code in an emergency scenario and the Bright CREE LED (130 Lumens) can be used to signal for help. Select the Low brightness setting to conserve battery life or the High brightness setting for maximum illumination.
- NOAA WEATHER SCAN + ALERT - NOAA Weather Scan will automatically scan through 10 available weather (WX) band channels and locks onto the strongest weather channel to alert you of severe weather updates. NOAA Weather Alert will sound an alarm indicating that there is a risk of severe weather in your area. AM/PM radio is also available.
- CHARGE EXTERNAL DEVICES - Quickly charge your portable devices (cell phones, tablets, etc.) using the USB charging cable (included).
- LARGE LCD DISPLAY - The LCD display is backlit and can show radio station, time, or weather channels.
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
Midland ER210 Emergency Crank Radio
Complete Solution During Power Outages
The Midland ER210 is built with emergency situations in mind. The hand crank digital weather alert radio and flashlight are perfect for severe weather situations or daily use. It’s important to be prepared. Go with Midland, a quality provider in weather radios, because early warning is your best protection.
Information When You Need It
The ER210 is a Compact AM/FM NOAA Weather Alert Radio. The NOAA Weather Band receiver brings you weather forecasts, severe weather alerts, or other civil emergencies. The AM/FM channels gives access to the news to stay informed or listen to your favorite radio stations.
- AM/FM NOAA Weather Alert Radio
- Charge 3 Ways, Hand Crank, USB or Solar Panel
- Rechargeable Lithium Ion 2000mAh Battery
- Powerful Flashlight with Cree LED
- Charge External Devices
- SOS Morse code Flashlight beacon
- Digital Clock
- Rotatable Telescopic Antenna
ER210 Emergency Crank Radio
Extremely Bright Flashlight and Emergency Signaling Options
The ER210 uses a Cree LED producing 130 Lumens of light. Select Low to conserve battery life or High for maximum illumination. The Flashlight may be used as an SOS beacon that flashes a Morse code distress signal.
Large LCD Display
The LCD display is backlit and can show radio station, Time, or Weather Channels. The back light option maybe set to on, off or to automatically turn off after 5 seconds. The clock may be set in either a 12 or 24-hour format. The weather channel display may be set to show the weather channel frequency or the channel number.
Charge External Devices
Cell Phones and other USB powered devices can be charged using the USB charging cable for that device. Simply connect the charge cable to the outlet port on the side labeled 'USB Out'. If the radio is on, it will automatically turn off and go into charge mode.
The Midland ER210 E+Ready Emergency Crank Radio can help you be prepared for all types of emergency threats, including: tornadoes, floods, hurricanes, fires and earthquakes. Easily stowed anywhere, the ER210 is a convenient companion in any preparedness kit or gear bag. The ER210 is equipped with weather alerts and information directly from the National Weather Service, extended battery life (up to 25 hours of normal use), a flashlight with SOS strobe, and multiple power sources including solar panel, rechargeable battery and hand crank. The hand crank power source is perfect for a short charge to get a cell phone call made. The package includes the ER210 Radio with 2000 mAh rechargeable battery, micro USB charging cable, quick start guide, and an owner’s manual. This product is recommended by the Department of Homeland Security for Emergency Preparedness. It’s also an ideal radio for camping, the beach, athletic events, park and everyday use. The ER210 has a 1-Year Warranty.
Read reviews that mention
Showing 1-4 of 91 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Good construction quality
- Flash light brightness is good.
- Reception is decent.
- It uses standard 18650 battery, BUT WITH PROPRIETARY connectors, so you have to buy their battery! Very bad.
- Can't store radio stations. Huge inconvenience if you try to use it like a normal radio.
- Audio quality is just acceptable.
- Not very stable while standing.
I also tried a Sangean MMR-88 emergency radio. In comparison, that one is a much better engineered device:
- Takes standard 18350 battery
- Speaker quality is very good, miles above this Midland.
- 20 station memory
- More stable standing.
So, to summarize, it's an OK emergency radio if you don't ever plan to use it other than during an emergency. If you do plan to use it like a normal radio, there are better choices around. No station memory and the so so speaker quality is a big turn off for me.
An emergency radio is only good if it works when you really need it. And that' the beauty of this thing - this radio is super useful even when there are no emergencies in sight.
First, it's a rechargeable LED flashlight. It's bright, and since it's an LED, the battery can power it for over many many hours. Nice. I can use it while walking the dog in the neighborhood, or looking under my dishwasher for that pesky intermittent leak.
Secondly, it's a cell phone charger. I can use this on a job site when I need a little extra juice in the field. Again, that's something that I can use frequently.
And then there is the super-bonus: it's an AM/FM/Weather radio with digital tuner. It sounds good and pulls in good signal thanks to its decent antenna.
Oh, almost forgot: it's a clock. Not an alarm clock, but a basic digital clock. (An alarm clock and WWV-B time sync would be a nice and easy addition for the next edition)
Then there is the very best part: it's great for emergencies even when you lose power for a week:
- It charges with solar, and it even SHOWS you when its charging with solar via an LED
- It charges with a crank, for when or where the sun don't shine.
- It can also be charged with pretty much any cell phone charger.
Even if I never have to use it in an emergency situation, I know that it will still see plenty of good use.
On the battery:
Yep, it has a good sized rechargeable Lithium battery inside, conceptually like the rechargeable battery of a cell phone. I suspect that the battery will last many years (this will see many fewer battery cycles than my iPhone), and the battery is user replaceable. The battery does seem to be proprietary, but replacements seem to be reasonably priced and available from several sellers. That said, I suspect that I will never actually have to replace the battery.
The size: this thing is a sized a bit like four sticks of butter.