Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $7.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty. Power surges covered from day one.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. We will send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product. In some cases, we will replace or repair it.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Midland 50 Channel GMRS Two-Way Radio - Long Range Walkie Talkie (Mossy Oak Camo, 2-Pack)
Enhance your purchase
|Color||Mossy Oak Break Out Camo|
|Number of Channels||50|
|Number of Batteries||8 AA batteries required.|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||9.75 x 2.5 x 1.75 inches|
|Item Weight||0.3 Pounds|
|Water Resistance Level||Waterproof|
|Battery Life||10.94 Hours|
About this item
- 2-WAY RADIOS - These walkie-talkies feature 50 GMRS (General Mobile Radio Service) channels, along with channel scan to check for activity. The JIS4 Waterproof Protection prevents splashing water from having any harmful effect on it (splash resistant).
- IDEAL FOR HUNTING - 5 Animal Call Alerts (turkey, duck, crow, cougar and wolf), a Vibrate feature to silence all tones, and the Mossy Oak Break-Up Country Camouflage pattern make this an ideal walkie-talkie for hunters.
- 142 CTCSS/DCS PRIVACY CODES - The privacy codes give you up to 3,124 channel options to block other conversations. 36-MILE RANGE - Longer range communication in open areas with little or no obstruction.
- NOAA WEATHER SCAN + ALERT - NOAA Weather Scan will automatically scan through 10 available weather (WX) band channels and locks onto the strongest weather channel to alert you of severe weather updates. NOAA Weather Alert will sound an alarm indicating that there is a risk of severe weather in your area.
- INCLUDED IN THE BOX: Radios (x2), rechargeable battery packs (x2), boom mic headsets (x2), belt clips (x2), 120V dual desktop charger, AC adapter, DC adapter, and an owner’s manual.
- Display Type: Lcd
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
- 50 Channels
- 142 Privacy Codes
- JIS4 Waterproof
- Up to 36 Mile Range
- 10 Alerts + 5 Animal Calls
- Weather Scan & Alert
- Call & Vibrate Alert
- Silent Operation
GXT1050VP4 GMRS Two Way Radio - Mossy Oak or Camo
Clear reception, clear transmission, and clear sound quality
Available in Mossy Oak Break Up Country Camo pattern, the GXT1050VP4 walkie talkie features multiple power settings to help conserve battery life. With built-in NOAA Weather Scan + Alert Technology, you can stay up to date on weather conditions. With hands free communication, 22 channels + 28 privacy code channels, silent operation, vibrate alert, and ten call alerts + five animal call alerts, the GXT1050VP4 is the perfect radio for all types of hunting, scouting, and safety communication.
- Pair of Radios
- Belt Clips
- Rechargeable Battery Packs
- Desktop Charger
- AC Wall Adapter
- Pair of Boom Mic Headsets
50 Channels + Privacy Codes
Gives up to 3124 channel options to help you block other conversations.
Up to 36 miles - Longer range communication in open areas with little or no obstruction.
Speak quietly and still be
heard by others.
Call Alert + Vibrate
Notifies you of incoming calls from up to 10 groups with sound alert and vibration.
Compatible with all Midland FRS and GMRS Walkie Talkies and accessories.
NOAA Weather Scan + Alert
Automatically scan weather band channels and alert you of severe weather updates.
Longer range communication in open areas with little or no obstruction.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) Battery - AC Delco alkaline
2) Replaced batteries at least once daily
1) Battery - Energizer alkaline
2) Replaced batteries at least once daily
Reviewing the supplied owners manual, we attempted to turn off all settings which could consume battery power to minimize battery consumption but the result was the same. Batteries were consumed, rapidly.
To validate the test, we carried 5 year old Motorola radios with 25 mile range (theoretical). The Midland GXT1050VP4 did NOT provide greater value over the Motorola other than the NOAA weather capability. We did notice more background noise (hiss) while receiving from other radio transmissions to the Midland GXT1050VP4 than to the older Motorola. The Motorola was much more clear. The Midland GXT1050VP4 radios consumed batteries at a rate of at least one change out per day (4 batteries each) while the Motorola consumed a set of batteries once per week at identical use level.
I cannot return these radios to Amazon so I will give them to the kids to play with (using the supplied rechargeable batteries) and will begin the search for a good radio that is not built by a manufacturer with apparent stock in the battery industry.
I ordered 2 sets of these in October of 2015. One of the radios from one of the sets died within months. We use these for search and rescue and for work and for recreation. All of them are kept clean, in bags,and well maintained. They aren't tossed around in the bed of a truck or left lying around to be abused. They're not expensive but I still like to take care of my tools in case I need to rely on them.
We came to the beach this weekend (July 2018). Of the remaining three functioning radios, one of them died on day 2, and another died on day 4. Of the original four, only one radio remains functional. None of these have over 200 hours of use on them. Overall I am REALLY disappointed in the quality of these radios.
I haven't tried the weather reports yet, but I like that they are there.
Battery life: not so good. I left one on over night and it was dead in the morning. Which is bad because the batteries are way bigger than my cellphone and I can use that for a couple days without charging.
VOX: doesn't work well at any sensitivity level. It takes a couple seconds to detect my voice.
Included boom mics: I had to buy different headset because the ones that came with these walkies are to small for an adult, they don't stay put, and you have to talk loudly for them to pic up you vouce. Which is disappointing because I picked this brand over a water proof brand just to have the included head set.
Not water proof: there is no excuse for outdoor electronics not to be 100% waterproof to at least 6 feet for at least a half hour in this century. I solved that problem with a ziploc bag.