|Item Weight||3 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||7.5 x 10 x 1.75 inches|
|Item model number||MXT400|
|Batteries||1 AA batteries required.|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Warranty||3 Year Warranty|
Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $33.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty. Power surges covered from day one.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Midland 40 Watt GMRS MicroMobile Two-Way Radio - Long Range Walkie Talkie, 8 Repeater Channels, 142 Privacy Codes
Enhance your purchase
|Number of Batteries||1 AA batteries required.|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||7.5 x 10 x 1.75 inches|
|Item Weight||3 Pounds|
About this item
- 2-WAY RADIO - The 40 Watt MicroMobile walkie talkie is equipped with 15 High/Low Power GMRS channels and 8 Repeater Channels for increased communication range.
- 65-MILE RANGE - Longer range communication in open areas with little or no obstruction.
- 142 CTCSS/DCS PRIVACY CODES - The MicroMobile has 142 privacy codes that gives you many channel options so unwanted transmissions are not heard.
- KEYPAD CONTROL - Keypad lock prevents accidental activation of function/mode keys. Keystroke tones provides audible tones with each key press for response or confirmation. Use silent operation to turn off all tones.
- INCLUDED IN THE BOX - MXT400 MicroMobile GMRS 2-Way Radio, flip-frame detachable mount, mounting hardware, microphone, 12V power cord, quick start guide, and owner’s manual.
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
- Full 40-Watt Radio
- 15 High Power GMRS Channels
- 142 Privacy Codes to block other conversations
- 8 GMRS repeater channels for extended transmission
- Channel Scan to monitor radio activity
- Silent Operation when beeps/tones are not desired
MXT400 MicroMobile Two-Way Radio
Maximize your communication range with an all out assault of 40-Watts of GMRS power in your vehicle or build out your own GMRS base station with the MXT400 MicroMobile GMRS Two-Way Radio. This radio is the most powerful GMRS radio made by Midland. It easily mounts in most vehicles. For the best performance, use with a Midland antenna, mount and cable (Not Included)
Easy to Read LCD Display
High Contrast Backlit LCD display provides good visibility for day or night use.
Detachable Mounting Bracket
Install on or under dash using the versatile mounting bracket.
8 GMRS Repeater Channels
The MXT400 features 8 GMRS Repeater Channels for extended transmission.
Microphone provides easy push to talk communication and channel controls.
Compatible with all Midland FRS/GMRS Walkie Talkies.
Stay in contact during your off-road adventure
40 Watts of Power
The MXT400 is the most powerful GMRS Radio in the Midland line
Compare with similar items
Midland 50 Channel Waterproof GMRS Two-Way Radio - Long Range Walkie Talkie with 142 Privacy Codes, SOS Siren, and NOAA Weather Alerts and Weather Scan (Black/Silver, Pair Pack)
Midland 75-822 40 Channel CB-Way Radio
BAOFENG BF-F8HP (UV-5R 3rd Gen) 8-Watt Dual Band Two-Way Radio (136-174MHz VHF & 400-520MHz UHF) Includes Full Kit with Large Battery
Motorola T600 Talkabout Radio, 2 Pack
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||Midland Radio||Midland Radio||Midland Radio||BaoFeng Tech||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||7.5 x 10 x 1.75 inches||7.9 x 2.4 x 1.5 inches||9.4 x 2.6 x 6.7 inches||10.5 x 2 x 2 inches||7.78 x 2.4 x 1.5 inches|
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I recently purchased another unit through your store on Amazon.com for my daughter's Jeep so that we can communicate going offroad. To my surprise, this newer unit also showcased the same problem. Clearly, I thought, this is a design flaw and one that seems not to have been rectified. I returned that more recent order thinking that this radio too was defective.
I tried to contact MIDLAND twice by email through their website for technical support describing in detail the issue with the MIC connection on the two MXT400 units. I did not receive a reply, which was disappointing. But when I reached out to the company through social media, I promptly received an email from the Category Manager apologizing for the lack of response and, through a few emails helping resolve the problem by trying to emulate the issue on a unit in his office.
SOLUTION: Make sure the RJ45 plug from the MIC is properly seated in the radio. If it is not, and you pull on the cord during normal operations, you will lose the connection. When you plug the MIC, you will hear an initial click, but the plug may move in and out about 3/16". You need to push it in further, hearing a second click, and then the plug will not budge.
I might add that I am a loyal consumer of Midland products, with CB, and a number of GMRS radios in use. I am very surprised that Tech Support and CS did not reply, but in today's age there are other options. Thank you, Bryan, at Midland, for helping to troubleshoot and fixing the issue. Some wording might be added to the manual to clarify the connection parameters
Forgive the poor quality of the video. The first video shows transmission when the MIC button is pressed, then I pull on the cord slightly. You can see the jack pop out. I then continue to push the transmit button, but the transmit (TX) light shows that in fact, I am not transmitting. The connection is lost. I also made a second video from the side showing the plug pulling out. No force is needed... It just happens under normal operations. Unfortunately, I can only upload one video per review.
Regardless, solve this by pushing in the plug further :)
Hope this helps.
The only issue that people might have is that it appears that repeater channels are either all on, or all off. You cannot enable repeater functionality per individual channel. As this is not functionality that I use, I'm giving the radio 5 stars.
With this radio, I'm never using a CB in my groups again.
By far the best! Well made, not some cheap radio! You will love it! By the way, it communicates with all brands of hand held radios! Motorola, Cobra, and of course, Midland. However, using privacy channels works best with the Midland. Have to just play with the privacy codes on the Motorola to find the right combination. I am also using a Trunk Mounted Antenna!
But this radio gets two major thumbs up! The entire crew enjoys it and everyone has them now. 👽