Midori MD Notebook - A5 Grid Paper
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Midori MD Notebook - A5 Grid Paper
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
Midori MD notebook Squares ruled line
[Midori] MD series notebook jacket A5 H220~W310mm made of light and stout paper
Tomoe River FP Loose Sheet, 8.27 x 11.7", 100 Sheets/Pack, White (TMR-A4P-W)
Midori MD Notebook - A5 Grid Paper (15003006) + MDnotebook jacket A5 -light and stout paper-(49841006) -VALUE SET !!
Tomoe River FP Notebook, 5.85" x 8.27", 368 pages (184-Sheet), Hard Cover, Dot Grid, White (TMR-A5N5DW)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||BESTSHOP1||Global DaiDai||BESTSHOP1||Amazon.com||Japanhouse||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||8.39 x 6.26 x 0.59 inches||5.83 x 4.13 x 0.39 inches||12.40 x 0.04 x 8.50 inches||8.27 x 11.73 x 0.28 inches||—||5.85 x 8.27 x 0.50 inches|
|Number of Items||1||1||1||1||15003006||—|
|Paper Size||148 × 210 millimeters||5.83 inches||A5||8.27||A5||5.85|
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) opens fairly flat, which is helpful
2) pages are good quality. Definitely can't withstand sharpie or double highlighting, but for my purposes it's just fine. (Pages are kind of cream colored)
3) love the grid. It's light blue and actually seems like it's made more for aligning Japanese characters (makes sense) but the way the squares don't completely touch (see pic) makes it easier for me to avoid losing what line I'm on.
4) there are small notches every 10 squares, and every two squares along the sids of the grid, which make it easy to break pages into bigger grids (e.g.: drawing out a calendar)
5) the grid is actually centered on the page so there is a bit of blank room on the edges of the pages, great for writing headers so I immediately see where I am on a page
6) this sounds weird, but this book SMELLS fantastic. Like a peppery, new pages kind of smell.
1) card stock covers are flimsy and will easily dirty, so consider getting a plastic covering or something. It does come with a wax paper cover, but it doesn't offer much protection
2) I wouldn't necessarily call this a con, but the notebook does instruct you to reinforce the bookmark it has with a little piece of tape becauseof the way it's attached.
3) UPDATE: Depending on the pen you use, the ink WILL smudge if highlighted or touched too soon after writing. I've noticed that when I use felt tip markers this isn't an issue, but when I use a roller ball Precise 5 Pentel pen (the ones you can get at Staples) it smudges anytime I highlight, so it's really a process of trial and error. Also, pencil takes very well to the paper (which for me is a pro).
The pages are thick and smooth. I have not experienced any feathering or bleeding with any of my fountain pen/ink combinations and the texture is lovely under the nib. I have also used Flair felt-tipped marker pens, Pilot Precise V-5 rollerballs, colored pencils, and a Sharpie with an EF tip. Only the Sharpie bled through the page. However, the coating on the paper makes it so that ink takes an excessively long time to dry, even longer than Rhodia or any other paper I've used. Some inks wouldn't dry at all, even when left open overnight, and I have to use blotter paper to soak up the excess. Most inks dry after a minute or so, but it makes it hard to jot down a quick note on the go, as I have to wait to close the book. That is, however, my only complaint about it, and the only reason for 4 stars instead of 5.
Other than that, the notebook has good construction, the grid on each page is even and useful. The pages open nice and flat. The cream-colored pages are soft and pleasant, and the grid is a nice shade of blue, not too light or dark. The ribbon bookmark is slim, which I like, as it never gets in the way. Overall, I really like the notebook, but I think a slightly more absorbent paper might be a better choice for a bullet journal in the future.
Here's the washi tape I used on the front cover: Molshine 4-in-1 Decorative Japanese Washi Masking Adhesive Tape -Miss time Series - Collection, (1 roll 3cm X 3m , 3 rolls 1.5cmX3m ) for DIY (WCL039)
And the stickers: Inovat Cute "Molang Rabbit" Bunny Rabbit Charactor Sticker Diary Scrap Book Scrapbooking Decor Decoration 6 Sheets Lot Korean Stationery, Version 2nd &yueton 12 Sheet Cute Cartoon Transparent Calendar Diary Book Sticker Scrapbook Planner Decoration (Pig&Cat)
I've used it for a while now. The paper is nice and weighty. Depending on the pen, there is minor feathering, but I have a light hand so this is not a deal breaker for me. This book is pristinely white and I went through JetPens to get a cover that would fit this book as I take it everywhere with me and it would need the help.
If you are using this book with Sharpie Markers or anything like that, I wouldn't suggest it but for an average user, I'd say it would be a good start before shelling out twice as much for a bigger brand name.
Top international reviews
Notebook also looks lovely (minimal understatement) and opens flat making i much easier to write in.