Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18PP_gno

on September 9, 2013
This review will have to suffice for all the other "Midsomer Murders" DVD's we have purchased and will buy in the future!

These Amazon issued Midsomer Murders are truly magnificent! Each takes place in a small British village that has been around for centuries. The people have secrets that have been around nearly as long and festered! Everyone thinks that they know all there is to know about one another, but they don't. Something happens to rile someone enough to off his or her neighbor which brings in our familiar, reliable, intelligent Chief Inspector Barnaby and while he and his assistant attempt to find out what has happened yet another person bites the dust! We get involved in the lives of the police and C.I. Barnaby's family and, of course, the people in the villages.

Each "Murder" in each Set lasts nearly 2 hours and there are nearly always 4 units in each Set so one gets nearly 8 wonderful hours of viewing. We ration ours carefully. We were delighted to find out that there are far more sets than we had been seeing on our PBS TV station, which seems to have gotten to only Set 8 or 9. Maybe 10? Having seen those 2 or 3 times each and now seeing that the sets go up to number 22 via Amazon we are very, very happy.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I'm a long-time Anglophile and love British TV, especially the cozy mysteries. I now have all episodes of Midsomer Murders with Tom Barnaby. These seasons with new partner Daniel Scott are okay. I prefer earlier seasons with DS Troy and later seasons with DS Ben Jones.
These are enjoyable but a chemistry between Barnaby and Scott is non-existent here.
on June 4, 2014
I will admit in the interest of transparency that I am addicted to Tom Barnaby and Midsumer. The lush meadows, spooky woods, fairy tale cottages and mansions, and characters, so eccentric they could only live in insular English villages, all combine to trap the viewer in a world that probably doesn't exist anymore if it ever really did. I defy anyone to hate being so trapped.

And the murders! Wonderful murders committed by a variety of baddies for a variety of motives, using a variety of weapons: knives, swords, ligatures of all kinds, poisons, assorted blunt instruments, and the shotgun. All mystery lovers and Anglophiles ought to own all the Midsumer Murders DVDs.
on June 20, 2017
good series
on March 7, 2014
My husband and I have loved Midsomer Murders with John Nettles since the first one we ever saw. We have decided to collect all Midsomer Murders starring John Nettles, You have helped us get one step closer to our goal. We just love having our own Midsomer Marathon whenever we want.
on January 19, 2014
I keep a list of what I own, so I don't order something twice. When I see that they are on sale, I order another dvd.

And when you're ordering a whole series, bit by bit, you run out of words to describe the tv series.

Just let me say, John Nettles is ALWAYS worth watching. Smile. And if you enjoy watching crimes solved by brain matter, instead of bloody battles and car chases, this is for you.
on February 17, 2017
This DVD set holds its own with all the others. You just have to try them to fall in love with characters, plots, and entertainment.
on March 12, 2014
Highly recommend. We love this show and have all sets. Set 23 just came out and will be purchasing it.
on May 28, 2013
I have very nearly completed my set of all the Midsomer Murders. Just am missing
the newest one that is not yet released (Set 22). How can I wait until August?!!

All my reviews for these fine mysteries will be 5 starred. Fine, fine programs...
on September 10, 2014
Somehow I had overlooked this set. I have all the others and enjoy watching them very much. I have my 10 year granddaughter hooked on this series, It's such fun sharing this series with her and her parents. They watch them on netflix. Can't wait for set 25 to be released.