Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $29.25 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Midwest Homes for Pets Ferret Nation Single Unit Cage -
|Price:||$149.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$39.40 (21%)|
- Single Unit Ferret cage w/stand and includes one pan, one shelf and one ramp with cover
- Full width double doors provide maximum accessibility for easy cleaning & feeding
- New and improved removeable shelves for easy cleaning
- Easily maneuverable Ferret cage and stand with locking casters
- Cage measures 36"L x 25"W x 38.5"H, no tools required
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Style: Ferret Nation | Size: Single Story
Top Customer Reviews
- Other cages: I am a total cheapskate, but this cage is more than worth it. I started out with the All Living Things Rat Luxury Home. It was a nice cage and a decent size, but it was a terrible pain to clean and decorate. I started looking for other cages that had bigger doors, but there were few options. I ended up trying to decide between a single level Critter or Ferret Nation and the Prevue Feisty Ferret. I opted for the Feisty Ferret as it's a little bigger than the single level, and it can be separated into two sections. That was a horrible mistake. I was astounded that I could pay over a hundred dollars and get a cheaply made, rusty nightmare. I sent it back and then saw the sale at Petsmart and snapped this cage up. I wish I had simply started with this cage.
- Assembly: This was relatively easy to assemble and decorate. Some of the pieces don't want to fit together, so I'd recommend a rubber mallet or hammer to help with assembly, and a real screwdriver (phillips head) is better than the one included. This is much easier to build with two people. The directions are decent, and it's not hard to figure out how this goes together.
- Bar spacing: The bar spacing on this is an inch, so this cage will only work as is for male rats that are at least a few months old. If you have girls or babies, I would opt for a Critter Nation, instead.Read more ›
There are four things that I don't like about the cage.
1. When I was putting it together it was hard to get the pieces to fit together smoothly. The top level of the cage is up about 1/2" because it would not go into it's slot. It doesn't affect the sturdiness of the cage, though.
2. The fleece covers on the wire ramps are secured by velcro, and if you take the fleece off, there is just wire bars for a ramp. This is kind of dumb to me. My chins like to rip off the fleece unless I have it secured super high up so that they can't get their cute little mouths up high enough to eat it.
3. The ledges are made of textured plastic. What I mean, is that there are grooves. I'm not a fan of this because that leads to their unrine collecting in the small grooves and lets bacteria grow, and it will stink. If you clean their cage 1-2 times a week this will not be a problem.
4. The urine from your pet WILL STAIN the black plastic ledges.
Things that I love.
1. Super easy to clean. All four of the ledges can be simply picked up and taken from their holder. You can then scrub them as clean as you please. You can block off the 1st or 2nd level with a chinchiller (That's what I do) or some other object, and clean one level at a time without having to let your pets out. I use a pet-safe cleaner from PetSmart that also has a deodorizer in it.
2. Space Saver. This cage may seem huge, which it is, but it takes up less space than you'd think.Read more ›
I got this cage because I thought it would blend into my homes' decor and I was right. It has a green/black tint to it and looks very nice on my wood floors.
I'd reccomend this cage to anyone looking for a decent sized home that is easy to clean for their ferrets!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Love it. We put it together with the first one we ordered, so our two ferrets have an extra large condo!!! They love the extra room.Published 2 days ago by Amazon Customer
Amazing cage for the price. Very heavy package the post man wasn't pleased but we love it. More than enough space for my two ferretsPublished 10 days ago by Amazon Customer
I bought this for my rats, and i love it. It is huge, much bigger that I thought. Assembly was a bit of a pain but easy overall.Published 10 days ago by Alyssa a hernandez
I've had this frame for over a year and a half now. And I've had to take it apart for moving three times. It has held up well. Read morePublished 13 days ago by Amazon Customer
Nice big cage, but there was a part broken when I received the item. I've tried to fix it but I am unable. It was a support beam on the bottomPublished 14 days ago by Bridgette
Easy to assemble, encountered no issues at all. Carefully read the instructions first and it may take more than one read but it goes together very easily. Read morePublished 18 days ago by JD
This cage is really nice. It arrived pretty early and had no damage. It is so easy to clean with the double doors and being able to close off the ferrets into one story at a time.Published 22 days ago by Amazon Customer