Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 58 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 63 reviews
on February 19, 2011
I ordered this roof rake online because all the stores were out of stock...seems the nasty weather this winter and subsequent roof collapses sent everyone scurrying to the stores to snap up the remaining rakes. Luckily, I got the last couple of rakes online and was able to expedite shipping to get them before the last storm.

The rake itself is very simple to put together (2 screws/bolts) and no directions are needed, although the box shows how to assemble it. Took me about 3 minutes to put together. The poles click right into place (and detach) with easy to depress click buttons.

The rake has an excellent reach and is very manageable even when assembled to the full length because it's made of aluminum. I borrowed a friend's roof rake before I got this one...hers had a plastic rake head which was heavy and made it very difficult to maneuver the rake along the roof, not to mention giving my arms and back early muscle fatigue. This roof rake was much lighter and easier to manipulate...I was able to use it for 2 hours straight without overstraining my arms or back.

The metal of the rake head is also good at chopping through layers of snow crust that may have formed on the top of the snow or layers underneath...this rake did a much better job of that than my friend's borrowed plastic rake head. Overall, an excellent product!
on February 22, 2015
It's a Roof Rake so it does what it's supposed to do - very sturdy yet light weight. I also purchased the extension from a different seller on Amazon. It is a little unwiedly when fully extended but I think that's to be expected when you have a long 24' thin pole! I have also used a roof rake of a friend that had small rollers on each end to protect your roof - that would be a nice feature I wasn't aware of when I ordered this and the only thing keeping from 5 stars. Also - both Amazon shippers, for the rake itself and the extension shipped UNBELIEVABLY fast - I had the rake in 2 days and the ext. in 3. I didn't even do anything but std. shipping. Have to believe they were just very sensitive to our plight here in the Boston area w/7+ ft of snow in a 3 week span so thx and KUDO's!
on March 20, 2017
we have 3 of these. Just leave them by each door throughout winter so they are easily available
on January 29, 2011
This is my 2nd roof rake this season. I bought this one on Amazon before I found a local store with a supply. I decided to keep it 'just in case'. Good thing because I am from the 30+" snowbelt in CT. We're breaking 120 year records for snow fall on the ground and roofs are collapsing all around us. Another PLASTIC roof rake blade just broke off from the handle, it couldn't handle the 1/2 inch of ice on the roof from one storm's worth of sleet and freezing rain. Thank goodness I had this one is reserve. Let's start with the instructions written out in addition to pictures of assembly. The plastic rake had poor illustrations and no doubt contributed to its 7 day life in my hands. The Midwest rake feels sturdy enough to handle the job yet I know I'll be able to lift it. I'm almost to the point where I can walk onto my roof from a snowdrift created from snow off my roof but I appreciate this rake already. Oh and there's an extension that can be purchased separately, so you're not limited to 16 feet. I'm so happy I had this back up.
on September 30, 2014
This rake works well if you tape it in the middle or drill it and put a bolt in it. Otherwise when you pull towards you the weight of the snow resistance pulls the handle by the little knob that is supposed to lock it into extention position and then all you get done is putting it back together after each pull......Other than that it does pull off the snow exposing the edge to the sun and works.
on March 12, 2014
This rake is light, which it has to be, yet sturdy. I have used it to pull frozen snow off the roof in chunks and it hasn't broken. It would be better, of course, to use the rake while the snow is still soft. I bought it because we had ice jams in two roof valleys and one of the ice jams resulting in a roof leak about ten feet up the valley. I am now able to pull the snow off the valleys for six or eight feet up. This uncovers the dark roof at the bottom of the valley and allows the valley to melt at the bottom first, thus eliminating the ice jams. This works perfectly for me. On the other hand, if you are trying to unload your entire roof, it will be difficult to reach more than about ten or twelve feet at the most. You may still have to shovel the top part.
on September 14, 2011
On the phone for second time with Customer service as since August 28th I have not seen this product. Called Amazon on 9/8 and they assured I would have product by 9/13. Nothing. Just a long wait for a supervisor as I write. I have stayed away from product that does not directly come from Amazon and this just reaffirms that. Terrible experience. Good thing I am ordering now as I will be lucky to see this roof rake before the snow flies. Also somewhat hard to communicate with the folks overseas at Customer service. Product seems solid so I gave a good review. Will update if any different when the snow flies. Finally got the product and the Customer service folks assured they would call to verify I received. They did not. I believe Cust service was in India but not sure. Funny thing, after all that I seriously have received THREE rakes. Duh Amazon!!
on January 31, 2011
I really needed this tool, and it came to the house faster then estimated, which was a huge plus. It was easy to put together and the poles go together and come apart really easy too. It is a work out to use, if you waited to long and have three feet of snow on the roof like I had. It was effective, and even broke through the crust of ice that had happened during one of the storms. It held together, and seems to be good product. I am glad I picked this one, some of reviews for other snow rakes seemed to have a lot more complaints in them.
on March 14, 2010
We had 3 feet of snow on our roof and were afraid of ice damn and roof damage. I had used a roof rake when I lived in Minneapolis but could not find one at the nearest hardware store in Maryland. I tried to order one from another vendor but he would have to back order until mid march - the snow would "hopefully" be gone by then. Amazon was able to ship it within a few days. The order was delayed because of a 2nd snow storm that hit the region but we had the rake before the weekend.

My husband and I took turns pulling the snow down from the roof. The snow was extremely heavy due to the depth and melt/refreeze that had occurred. The extended handles were a bit flimsy but the rake was light enough to allow the repeated lifts and pulls needed to get the snow down. Eventually, we got the lowest roof segment cleared and could see water running from an upper roof. The handle was too short to reach the higher roof but we were still happy with the results.
on March 26, 2010
After 20" of snow and a little bit of melting, another storm showed up and left more than 25" additional on my roof! So I ordered the midwest rake and it showed up in 3 days via UPS. The rake is light-weight and easy to use, even with all of that snow on the roof. It is best for use on rancher-style homes, not 2 story homes or higher {buy the extension poles for those }. It was worth every penny !

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.