Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Miele New Complete C3 Alize Canister Vacuum, Ivory..." and save 16% off the $769.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
3 Year Asurion Floorcare Extended Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and coverage begins at the end of the manufacturer's labor warranty. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Miele New Complete C3 Alize Canister Vacuum, Ivory White - Corded
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Sbd650-3 AirTeq floor brush
- Motor type:Powerline.Hepa AirClean filter
- Automatic speed control setting
- 36 foot operating radius. Caster wheels gentle on floors
- +/- foot switch speed control
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
- Quality- Tested for up to 20 years average usage - each day delivering the same great performance as day one.
- Performance- A robust Vortex Motor System provides powerful suction and precise adjustment – no matter the surface being cleaned.
- Filtration- Miele’s unique AirClean filtration system captures and retains over 99.9% of all lung damaging particles.
- Convenience- Exceptionally nimble and remarkably intuitive, Miele effortlessly adapts to the cleaning task at hand – ensuring complete floor-to-ceiling care.
- Designed For You- Miele manufactures many different types of vacuums so that you can select the vacuum that is made specifically for your cleaning needs.
Complete C3 Alize
Miele’s Complete C3 Alize vacuum cleaner features an AirTeQ Combination floor tool ideal for cleaning low pile carpeting, rugs and smooth flooring. The AirTeQ has streamlined airflow for uninterrupted floor contact as you switch from smooth flooring to carpeting. The Alize offers a savvy, self-adjusting Automatic setting. As you transition from hardwoods to carpeting, the Alize automatically decreases suction, then increases suction when you return to smooth, solid flooring — saving you both time and energy. A telescopic, stainless steel wand and long electrical cord, with one-touch automatic rewind, provide a total cleaning radius of 36 feet. The Alize is also equipped with a Deluxe Comfort Grip handle with LED headlight and six-stage suction controls, plus Automatic setting, via a +/- foot switch. Other conveniences include three integrated accessories — a dusting brush, upholstery tool and crevice nozzle — and a 3D bumper.
- Silence motor with 6 speed settings controlled via +/- footswitch controls.
- Automatic speed control setting.
- Spotlight handle.
- 36' operating radius.
- HEPA AirClean filter.
- SBD650-3 AirTeq floor brush.
- Recommended for low pile carpeting, rugs, & hard floors.
SBD650-3 AirTeq floor brush
Features streamlined air flow for uninterrupted floor contact as you switch from smooth flooring to carpeting.
The durable LED light illuminates the area ahead to assist with locating and capturing dirt and dust.
6 Speed Settings Controlled via +/- Footswitch Controls
Ensures the correct level of power for the surface being cleaned.
Specialized castor wheels feature air-injected tires and shock absorbers that allow for soft suspension when the Alize gently maneuvers over thresholds and uneven flooring.
AirClean Sealed System
Miele's unique AirClean filtration system captures and retains over 99.9% of all lung damaging particles.
Three Integrated Accessories
The Complete C3 Calima features three convenient onboard accessories including a dusting brush, upholstery tool and crevice nozzle.
|Model||Complete C3 Alize||Complete C3 Calima||Complete C3 Kona||Complete C3 Cat & Dog||Complete C3 Marin||Complete C3 Brilliant|
|Power Control||+/- Foot Switch w/ Automatic Setting||+/- Foot Switch||+/- Foot Switch||+/- Foot Switch||+/- Foot Switch w/ Automatic Setting||Handle Controls w/ Automatic Setting|
|1,200 Watt Vortex Motor||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|AirClean Sealed System||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Integrated - Dusting Brush, Upholstery & Crevice Tool||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Recommended for Hard Floors||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Recommended for Low Pile Carpeting||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Recommended for Medium Pile Carpeting||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Recommended for High Pile Carpeting||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Additional Dedicated Hard Floor Brush||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
Miele's complete c3 Alize vacuum cleaner features an AirTeQ combination floor tool ideal for cleaning low pile carpeting, rugs and smooth flooring. The AirTeQ has streamlined airflow for uninterrupted floor contact as you switch from smooth flooring to carpeting. Alize offers a savvy, self-adjusting automatic setting. As you transition from hardwoods to carpeting, the Alize automatically decreases suction, then increases suction when you return to smooth, solid flooring - saving you both time and energy. A telescopic, stainless steel wand and long electrical cord, with one-touch automatic rewind, provide a total cleaning radius of 36 feet. The complete c3 Alize is also equipped with a deluxe comfort grip handle with led headlight and six-stage suction controls, plus automatic setting, via a +/- foot switch. Other conveniences include three integrated accessories - a dusting brush, upholstery tool and crevice nozzle - and a 3d bumper.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Comparison vs the S2 series:
The S2 series is Miele's economical line of canister vacuums. Compared to the Alize and the rest of the S8 line, S2 series doesn't have a certified sealed filtration system (although supposedly it still does a good job filtration wise), which is an important feature for asthma and allergy sufferers. It has a shorter cleaning radius (29.5 ft vs 33 ft). The S2 has a rotary switch to control the suction level, where as the S8 has a foot switch, so you don't need to bend down to adjust the suction level. The S8 also has a quieter motor than the S2. Furthermore, the tool attachments come on a external clip (called VarioClip) for the S2, where they are stored inside the vacuum shell for the S8. Lastly, S8 has a rubber bumper around the vacuum, where as S2 does not. Where as all S8 models come with an Active HEPA filter, only the S2 Titan comes with one. Although any of the S2 models can use an Active HPEA filter if you buy one separately.
The Alize has some additional features that are not available on all models in the S8 line, which I will discuss in another section.
Comparison vs the S6 series:
The S6 is Miele's compact canister series so it is smaller and lighter than the S2 and S8. Feature wise it's between the S2 and the S8. It has the certified sealed filtration system (AirClean Sealed System), the quiet motor, and the 33' cleaning radius of the S8, but does not have the foot switch controls, the integrated tool storage, or the rubber bumper. It also uses a smaller dust bag.
Comparison vs the Calima (and the rest of the S8 series):
You are probably having a hard time deciding between the Alize and the Calima like I was. After all, they look pretty similar and cost about the same. We've already covered the standard features of the S8 line in the S2 vs S8 comparison section, so let's look at the differences.
The Alize is more technologically advanced than the Calima in multiple ways. In fact, it has several features that even the more expensive Kona and Cat & Dog models do not have. It's best to think of the Alize as the $1000+ Marin, but without any powered brush attachments. Let me explain: The Calima and the Alize come with floor tools that are air powered. That means they do not have enough power to handle high pile carpets. The Kona, Cat & Dog, Marin, and UniQ have powered brushes, which means the floor tool has a rotating brush inside that is driven by an electric motor. This brush beats the carpet piles and loosens any debris so they can be sucked up by the vacuum. Now let's go over each feature that the Alize has that the Calima does not have:
- Intelligent Automatic Suction Setting - The Alize can automatically adjust the suction setting by sensing what type of surface you are on. This feature is not available on the Calima, Kona, Cat & Dog. It is available on the Alize, Marin, and UniQ.
- Filter Change Indicator - Lights up when the HEPA filter needs to be changed. Not available on the Calima, Kona, Cat & Dog. Available on Alize, Marin, and UniQ.
- Automatic Standby When Parked - When you park the wand on the rear of the canister, say to take a phone call, the vacuum automatically stops. When you pull it back out, the vacuum resumes its previous setting. Not available: Calima, Kona, Cat & Dog. Available: Alize, Marin, UniQ.
- Deluxe ergonomic handle - A nice handle with a rubberized grip. Available on all S8 models except for Calima. The Calima comes with a simple curved handle.
- LED spotlight on handle - A LED spot light that lights up for 30 secs when you push a button on the handle. It illuminates directly in front of your wand so you can see where you are vacuuming in darker places. This feature is ONLY available on the Alize and no other S8 models. Although the floor tool that comes with the UniQ (and optionally on the Marin) has full time LED lights that serve the same purpose.
- Dynamic Drive - The wheels are air filled and have independent suspension (not unlike a car), which makes it much quieter when going over uneven surfaces such grout lines. This feature is also ONLY available on the Alize and on no other S8 models.
At this point, you are thinking the Alize is clearly better, and you'd be right. But why are they the same price? Well, it's because of the attachments that come with the Calima. The Alize comes with a single combination tool call the AirTeQ Combination Floor Tool. It can be used on both low pile carpet/area rugs and smooth floors. It switch modes via a foot switch on the tool itself. The Calima comes with two tools: the Turbobrush for low to medium pile carpets, and the Parquet Twister for smooth floors. This is why Calima costs the same as the Alize. While the AirTeQ is a fine tool, it's a compromise; a jack of all trades, but master of none. The Turbobrush has a brush inside the floor tool that is driven by the vacuum air flow, which stirs the carpet and helps it clean better. Note that since it's air powered, it does not have the same power as an electrically driven power brush such as the ones that come with Kona, Cat & Dog, Marin, and UniQ. The Parquet Twister is a dedicated smooth floor tool. It pivots and rotates and lets you get into a lot of tight corners. So while the Alize comes with a decent tool that does both, the Calima comes with 2 separate specialized tool that do those tasks better. Note that both of those tools can be purchased separately and fitted to the Alize.
My experience using the Alize:
My primary concern was that the AirTeQ tool wasn't going to be strong enough for my short pile carpet. Turns out my concerns were unfounded. It worked just fine on my 1/2" high cut pile carpet. Since I was concerned about the carpet, I picked up a used Turbobrush attachment on ebay right after I ordered the Alize. I compared the Turbobrush's performance on my carpets vs the AirTeQ, and I couldn't tell a difference. They both worked well. I do think that if my carpet pile was higher, or if I had pets, then the Turbobrush would distinguish itself with its higher carpet cleaning capabilities.
Based on my research and experience with the Alize, here are my recommendations:
1. If you have primarily smooth floors with some low pile area rugs or low pile carpets - Get the Alize and use the included AirTeQ floor tool.
2. If you have any kind of carpets and pets - Get the Alize, then buy the Turbobrush attachment.
3. If you have a lot of smooth floors, and any medium pile carpets or medium pile area rugs at all - Get the Alize, then buy the Turbobrush attachment.
4. If you have little or no smooth floors, and all medium or high pile carpets - Get one of the models with an electric powered floor tool, such as the Marin.
5. If you have ANY high pile carpets at all - Get one of the models with an electric powered floor tool, such as the Marin.
6. If you have mostly smooth floor now, but you think you might have high pile carpets or area rugs later on - get one with electric powered floor tool, such as the Marin.
Hope this helps!
Now for the slightly annoying part...Having this Miele for just about a year now, the single thing that I have encountered was that the cord would not stay extended! Which meant no more fun! It was so frustrating, and I was just about to have it sent out for service. But being a tinkerer in nature I thought surely it must be something simple. I carefully figured out how to open up the canister, and was able to find the problem. There was a plastic slide/catch for the cord reel that seemed to be overextending and would not return. I hate plastic. The thought of spending hundreds of dollars on a quality machine only to find bits of plastic *sigh. Nonetheless everything else about the machine on the inside is quality and everything fit so precisely. I'm sure my problem is probably a rare one since I've not heard others experiencing the same. So don't let this stop you from buying this vac. Anyhow in case anybody else experiences similar, I found a quick solution which just involved me jamming a knotted up rubber band into a ball to act as a bumper and prevent this overextension. It worked perfectly and has been holding just fine and now my love is back! I hope Miele can consider an even better solution/design to address something like this for the future but for now this C3 is perfect enough 😀
Most recent customer reviews
Second, I've been buying Miele for years (4 vacuums, 3 dishwashers, etc). I think this vacuum must be a lemon.Read more