Miele S2121 Capri Canister Vacuum Cleaner (Old Model)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Exceptionally lightweight
- Air Clean filter
- Dusting brush, upholstery tool and crevice nozzle on VarioClip
- 29.5-feet cleaning radius
- Two floor tools included: Turbo Comfort turbobrush, ideal for low to medium pile carpeting, area rugs and all smooth flooring; and a Parquet floor tool for the gentle cleaning of smooth surfaces
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
S2121 Capri Miele’s S2 Capri vacuum cleaner features two floor tools. The Turbo Comfort turbobrush, ideal for cleaning low to medium pile carpeting, area rugs and all smooth flooring, contains a rotating roller brush which loosens the dirt in the floor. The Parquet floor tool, with long, soft natural bristles, cleans tile, wood and other smooth surfaces thoroughly with extreme care. The Capri features a telescopic, stainless steel wand and long electrical cord with automatic rewind for a total cleaning radius of 29.5 feet. Other conveniences include three accessories — a dusting brush, upholstery tool and crevice nozzle — held in place by a VarioClip.
Six-Stage Suction Easily adjustable, rotary dial power selector ensures the correct level of power for the surface being cleaned.
Turbo Comfort Turbobrush Contains a rotating roller brush that works to loosen the dirt in the floor while collecting lint and thread.
Parquet Floor Tool Long, natural bristles ensure that tile, wood and other smooth surfaces are cleaned thoroughly with extreme care.
Telescopic, Stainless Steel Wand Delivers a superior operating radius of 29.5 feet for effortless reach.
Auto-Seal Closing FilterBag Instantly locks in dirt, dust and allergens when the FilterBag is removed.
VarioClip with Three Onboard Accessories Provides optimal cleaning for every corner and surface, including upholstery, hard-to-reach places and delicate items.
The vacuum that truly cleans. And lasts. Since 1899, Miele has been dedicated to producing state-of-the-art home appliances, and we support your passion for a cleaner, healthier and more comfortable home with our innovative, award-winning collection of vacuum cleaners. Our canister and upright vacuum cleaners help you care for all aspects of your home. Miele’s advanced, technologically-superior filtration systems also improve the quality of air in your home.
German Engineered Built with uncompromising quality, Miele vacuums are built to withstand the rigors of everyday cleaning, year after year. In fact, Miele vacuums are tested to last 20 years.
7 Year Motor and Casing Warranties Enjoy the comfort and confidence of a Miele-endorsed seven-year warranty on your vacuum’s motor and casing.
Miele S2 Series Canister Vacuum Product Comparison
Top Customer Reviews
Bought my Miele Capri from seller "Mr.Vac & Mrs.Sew". It came on time and brand new as stated. The Capri model is the same as the Olympus, except it also comes with the air powered brush head.
1. The vacuum itself is fairly light weight (not counting the hose and head), weighing in at 10.25 lbs, even my 75 yr old mother can carry it fairly easily. Seems well made and durable. 1200 watts provides pretty good suction, maybe an extra 200 watts would be better, but still good enough as is.
2. Motor is pretty quiet, even at highest speed, most of the noise is coming from the suction.
3. Can install an optional HEPA filter.
4. Bag looks quit large and should hold a good amount of dirt.
5. Bought the Capri model, it is essentially the same as the Olympus, except that it comes with the air powered turbo spinning brush head instead and a bare floor head with brush (not spinning). The spinning brush head is definitely a must have, if you have carpet and want it to pick up long hair and dirt that is slightly buried into the carpet, it also does help fluff up the carpet. Even though the head is air powered, the brush spins quit fast and is very effective, unless you have very thick carpeting, then you may want to opt for their other models with an electric powered brush head.
6. Vacuum rolls easily, when pulled by the hose.
7. The metal wand, the piece that attaches in between the handle and the cleaning tool, is telescopic, so you can shorten it to half the length if needed.
1. Hose is 5 feet in length, which is a bit short, would have been nice to have an extra 2 feet.
2. Hose feels cheaply made, may have to be careful, incase if the hose is twisted, and it is pulled on hard enough, it may kink and damage the hose.
3. The handle tube is completely made of pretty durable thick plastic, but is quit curved and long, from where one would grip it, to the tip of the tube where you would attach a cleaning tool is about 12 inches. If you have a small cleaning attachment mounted, and need to get into a tight area, you may need to really hold it in an awkward angle to get in those tight spots, since your gripping hand will be approximately 12 inches away from the cleaning tool, so imagine that. This part should have been a lot shorter.
4. The clip that holds the three small cleaning attachments, can be clipped on to the base of the hose, by the vacuum or the other end of the hose by the handle. I do not like it at either end, would have been nice if they made it so that the three tools can either mount onto the back, or the top of the vacuum instead. Providing options would be nice.
Don't mind paying $399 for something that is intended to be used for many years, I think the price is a bit steep, but I guess you are paying for a German product. Again, the spinning brush head is a must for people with carpet. If you have carpet, save the extra $30, because you will end up buying the air powered turbo brush head later separately for $129. At this price, they could have used a better quality and slightly longer hose. Regarding the long handle, I guess I can learn to get use to it, but they REALLY should make it shorter. If it was not for the long handle and hose issue, this would have easily been a 5 star.
>> 12/19/2010 UPDATE <<
Finally changed the bag for the first time, it was pretty full, enough that you can start smelling the dirt when the vacuum is on, using their basic filters, I'm guessing if using their more expensive Hepa filters might be better. Vacuum itself is working great.
Going back to the quality of the cheap hose, still say that they should have made a better one. I almost kinked it several times. Plus, the 5 ft hose, I'm finding it more and more to be too short, when vacuuming the blinds, can't reach the top, the last 25% of the blinds in a typical height room, unless you actually pick up the vacuum, in-order to give it that little extra reach.
* Long Handle
Still baffled on why they made the handle 12" long!!! Again, no matter at which point you grab the handle, when vacuuming a tight area (e.g. using the small brush attachment), you may have to tilt the handle up, in-order to get the brush to level with the surface to get a better suction. The handle is so long, that the area that you are vacuuming, may block it from being able to tilt it high enough. Just imagine vacuuming a book shelf for example, if you want the brush to be leveled on to one of the shelves, due to the angle design of the brush itself, you have to tilt the 12" long handle, the top of the handle will be blocked by the shelf above, not allowing you to level the brush.
Overall, no complaints about the vacuum itself, I feel that it's better than most of the other well known brands. However, I may have to look in to a better and longer hose, if one is available. Unfortunately, paying more money, maybe that's what the manufacturer wants, if they offer one.
>> UPDATE 1/2/2013
The locking mechanism on the telescopic wand broke at least 6+ months ago, where the handle goes in to, it will still go in to it, but just won't lock. Recently, close to the tip of the handle started to crack. Had to go to an authorized dealer nearby to get the 2 replacement parts, which cost about $55. Now the power cord will not rewind back into its compartment, not sure if it's fixable or will need a new part or two. However, it has been 2+ years since I got it and my "OCD" father using it at least once per day and he tends to bang the vacuum head against walls. He vacuums so much, that it's driving everyone nuts, I kind of like to throw the vacuum in to the ocean.
>> UPDATE 5/6/2013
Maybe it's my OCD dad, but the cable will not rewind into the housing now, that's not a big deal though. One thing I did noticed is that when the bag is pretty full, you can smell the dust coming from the exhaust vent, plus the exhaust vent blows straight up, at full power, it's strong enough to move the ceiling fan. I believe buying the optional HEPA filter may be a good idea to reduce the smell, which I have not tried yet.
>> UPDATE 7/1/2013
Did finally buy the Miele AH-30 Active HEPA Filter. WOW, what a BIG difference in the smell that comes out, compared to the thin filter that comes with the bags. Well worth it, especially if there are anyone at home that has an allergen issue. For average users, this filter will last about 1 yr.
>> UPDATE 1/19/2015
Initially was using the genuine Miele bags at about 4.75 moola each, after a while, my wallet was getting thinner and thinner. Late in 2013, I started looking for alternatives, found the following and initially got a five pack to test with, no dust leak, looks and feel the same, just a tiny bit thinner, works great. The initial five pack (search for ASIN: B006BW8KN0) was 2.5 moola each, then got the 25 pack (search for ASIN: B00AI1UKC4 / not available as of this update, maybe the manufacturer only wants to offer the five pack to get more moola) at 1.6 moola each and never looked back.
Hope this review help with your decision making.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Miele should include the hose on its warranty, as they must know it's going...Read more
See the Top Rated Vacuums in our Vacuum Reviews page. Or, see our lists of the Best Vacuums for Pet Hair, the Best Vacuums for Hardwood Floors, and the Best Vacuums for Carpets