|Item Weight||44.5 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||43 x 6 x 8 inches|
|Item model number||MM572W|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Usage||Outside; Professional, Outside; Amateur, Outside|
|Included Components||(1) MM572W Gate Operator, Mounting Hardware, (1) Additional Backup Battery Box, (1) Remote with Visor Clip, (1) 12 Volt Battery|
|Battery Cell Type||Lead Acid|
|Warranty Description||18 month manufacturer|
Mighty Mule MM572W 70 Series Dual Automatic Gate Opener, Black
|You Save:||$66.26 (8%)|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Mighty Mule introduces a new line of smart gate operators – the first smart DIY automatic swing gate operators in the industry. These gate operators bring unrivaled convenience with smart features that allow control from anywhere using your smart phone app. (Requires MMS100 Wireless Connectivity Kit - sold separately)
- Designed for heavy duty dual swing gates up to a maximum of 18 ft. long or maximum weight of 850 lbs.
- Perfect for all dual gate types including ornamental, chain link, tube, panel, vinyl and wood.
- Solar Capable: With the addition of a Mighty Mule 10-watt solar panel (Model #FM123).
- Ideal for the DIY (Do It Yourself) property owner, the MM572 comes equipped with detailed instructions, online how-to videos & unlimited access to 24 hour technical support.
Frequently bought together
More items to explore
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Mighty Mule introduces a new line of smart gate openers – the first smart DIY automatic swing gate openers in the industry. The MM572W Smart Dual Gate Opener brings unrivaled convenience with smart features that allow control from anywhere using your smart phone app and with the purchase of the Mighty Mule MMS100 Wireless Connectivity Kit (sold separately). The MM572W is designed for heavy duty dual swing gates up to a maximum of 18 ft. long or maximum weight of 850 lbs. It's ideal for the Do It Yourself property owner with helpful tools such as online how-to videos and unlimited access to 24 hour technical support are available for a successful installation.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I was sent a return authorization form.
I mailed the circuit board back to Mighty Mule 2 weeks ago. I have not heard from them since then. I called to the phone number on the Return Authorization form and found that the number they printed on this form is not in service. I called their 1-800 number. The initial phone operator looked up my case and determined that the control board is "not in stock" and it could be MONTHS before it is again in stock. She said I could get further information if I waited for "technical support" which she transferred me to. (I listened to the message : "We're unusually busy and you might want to call back later" for 15 minutes and used this wait time to write this scathing review.)
I finally heard from a person in the technical department who verified the circuit board wasn't in stock and it could be 2 weeks or more before it is shipped to me. So at this point, I can attest to receiving 9 months of a great gate opener, and more than one month of no gate opener at all, with no guarantee of when the gate opener will be operational. In fairness I will allow that this delay could be due to supply issues due to Covid. But, if Mighty Mule was concerned with their customers, I would think they would send customers an email explaining why there is a wait, and what they are doing about it.
Here's is my initial review... showing that things change with time. I apologize to anyone who decided to purchase a Mighty Mule Opener based on it:
I installed this 6 weeks ago. This is a brand new model, so there are very few reviews. I wanted a heavy duty opener, because I've seen a number of inoperable light duty openers hanging uselessly on neighbor's gates. I've been very happy with it. Having electricity at my gate already, this was perfect because it isn't bundled with a solar panel, and has a small 12 volt battery supplied. (There is room in the control box to add a second small 12 volt battery.) Customer support is ok, but, I believe the support person is reading from a script. The support for the separately purchased remote controls was excellent. I bought two key panels (FM 137) and 2 extra remote buttons (FM 135). Because the remote buttons (FM 135) are older technology with switches, and Mighty Mule doesn't explain the details in their manuals, I needed guidance. The technical support guided me through programming the buttons so that the gate can't be opened by just anyone with a mighty mule remote. I will try to remember to revisit this review in a year and update if it is still working perfectly. But, at this point, it is 100% reliable.
One would think that the warranty would cover the defective units. Or at least sell the replacement parts. To my horror, I was told my warranty is void since I opened the operator arm. If there was a "warranty void if opened" sticker on the operator arm, I would not have opened it.
The gate opener is operating two County Line 8ft Utility Gate. Gates weight 34lbs each and can be moved with my fingers.
Now I have to buy another brand unit. The holes are drilled in my gate already so I don't really have a choice in picking another gate opener manufacturer. This product is advertised for DYI installs. Put a "warranty void if opened" sticker on parts you don't want the customer to open instead of finding ways to duck out of provideing replacements for shotty hardware.
2) After 8 years of fighting with the wind and the speed, I decided to upgrade the 402 to this 571.
3) The 402 did what it was supposed to but had issues with the wind when it was 15MPH or higher
4) It had only taken me a half a day to upgrade my system to this 571.
5) Got the lock working perfectly and everything.
6) after install I was able to open and close the fence with no problem-------there was no wind.
7) Have not had issues with remotes as I was able to open and close fence from inside my house, about 50ft away from the controller.
8) The 571 is definitely faster and also definitely quieter. It does not make my wood planks vibrate as it closes the fence or opens.
9) The next day is when I had started seeing issues I id not want to see, especially from a stronger gate opener.
10) The wind is blowing about 5-10 MPH and the 571 barely gets the gate to close
11) Wind at that speed the previous model had no issues.
12) I feel like MM had made the arm quieter and faster to move but took torque away from it.
13) I had waited so long before getting this model and I am very disappointed.
14) was heart breaking in the fact that I was excited on first day, almost wrote an excellent review and on second was already being let down.
15) not sure if it is because the battery is not fully charged or not but will wait a day.
16) As a long time user of MM, I would not recommend this product if you have wind going by your gate.
17) Just glad I was able to test it out so I can return it guess I will be going with a different company who has plenty of torque on their gate operators.
Top reviews from other countries
Talked to Amazon and they are sending a replacement remote.
Very happy and the customer service at Amazon is top notch!!!
Over all easy to install and seems to work great, time will tell.