- Paperback: 304 pages
- Publisher: Temple Univ Pr (August 1, 2001)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1566398886
- ISBN-13: 978-1566398886
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 1 x 9.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 12.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,580,125 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Paperback – August 1, 2001
Try the Kindle edition and experience these great reading features:
Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It takes us through the many immigrant communities ensconced in the city. From Africa, Caribbean, south Asia, east Asia, Europe, south America. The diversity is stunning. There is a commonality of striving and optimism amongst these groups. Certainly no different than a century or two ago. Another common trait is the struggle to make it. The cost of housing can be exorbitant, and many immigrants do not have high skills, or if they do, perhaps their English is lacking.