Miibox 100% Raw Unrefined Organic Shea Butter-African Grade A Ivory 1 Pound (16oz)
- Skin Beauty Solutions Unrefined Shea Butter is...naturally rich in a number of vitamins. Vitamins A, E, F and K are the most popular.
- Vitamin E balances and normalizes the skin. Helps keep it clear and healthy, particularly beneficial for dry or sun-exposed skin.
- Vitamin A has soothing and hydrating properties which provides healthy skin collagen in order to prevent premature wrinkles, premature facial lines and premature slackened skin.
- Vitamin F - Acts as a skin protector and revitalizer. It soothes rough, dry or chapped skin on contact and helps soften and revitalize dry or damaged hair. Vitamin F consists of linoleic, linolenic and arachidonic acids, the three essential fatty acids.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Size: 1 Pound
Top Customer Reviews
However, when I finally ran out and reordered, the second batch I received was very different from the first! What arrived was less than a pound, and was wrapped in TISSUE paper, rather than in a tub or even a plastic bag. If the day had been a little bit warmer the shea butter would have melted and run all over the place! I was not pleased at all with this packaging, not only because it might have melted, but also because the fragile paper wrap left the butter open to outside contaminants.
Aside from the packaging and the weight, shea butter itself was a different color and slightly different texture. However I've been using it for over a week and the quality seems just as good, so at the very least I'm pleased with that and will continue to use it. I'm going to be very careful about whom I order my next batch from!
I received this product in a thin plastic container with a lid (looked like potato salad that you would order from your local deli), not in a plastic bag as others mentioned. The faded label on the container said, "sold as set...ready to ship" with a bar code on it. There is no organic certification printed anywhere on this product or ingredients - it definitely not USDA organic. I used quite a bit of the pound that i purchased. Yes, it did have a strong smell like shea butter, but this one was more pungent and bitter as if it was on the cusp of going bad (Pure, unrefined organic shea butter is a yellow/beige color and their is a a nutty somewhat earthy odor that I am used to. Some like it and some don't. I don't love the smell, but I wouldn't use shea butter in any other way, most of the healing properties are destroyed during the refining and bleaching process as is the smell, which is why cosmetics and skin care manufacturers buy it refined - because it eliminates the odor and will last longer.....adding organic essential oils to organic unrefined shea butter can make it smell wonderful - but if your shea butter is white and smells fresh and clean, than it has been been refined and bleached).Read more ›
Like everyone else said, it comes double bagged so the packaging isn't the best. However, mine was sealed well and not damaged and I was perfectly fine with it. It was true ivory Shea, which generally means pure. It wasn't rancid or anything like that either. That smell is what it should smell like if not refined and without additives.
Overall, the quality was very high and quite a bargain when you consider that most products that say they are Shea based contain only a spoon full or two per container in reality. This allows a much higher level of purity for anything you'd like to Shea up. Very pleased with it and I do plan to re-order. I'll be making home made shea butter in custom scents for everyone for Christmas this year!
That said, it can be a bit difficult to use and does leave a smell when you don't doctor it up. So I do. Here is the easiest way to do it for you too.
To Make Shea Butter:
1) Very slowly melt your shea in a double boiler OR by floating a bowl containing the shea in a large pot. Use very low heat since it melts at body temperature. The more heat, the more vitamins you take out of it so less is better.
2) Once mostly melted (you can leave some chunks), you can let it settle some to be sure there are no sediments (also normal for unrefined though mine had none) and then pour the liquid carefully into another bowl for mixing, leaving the sediments behind.
3) Add about 5 ounces of various oils to one pound of Shea. I added 2 ounces of Sweet Almond Oil, 2 ounces of Hazelnut Oil and 1/2 ounce of Wheat Germ Oil and Macadamia Nut Oil each.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I am happy with my purchase. I have never worked with shea before and I was unaware of the strong scent it has, I now know. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Amazon Customer
I love Shea Butter, but this Shea Butter was thicker than other Shea Butter that I purchased. Usually, Shea Butter is soft or it melts as you use on your body. Read morePublished 4 days ago by Tony
I'm rating this high because it's great working with it in my homemade sunscreen. I never had used shea butter before & how happy I am that I've started! Read morePublished 11 days ago by Adela A. Davis
Un-dyed, unrefined. Great for making lotions. Melts easily over low hear and is clear when melted.Published 12 days ago by Nichole H
Gentle scent, soft silky feel. It has done wonders for my hand eczema! I will purchase again!Published 13 days ago by Happy Camper
This seemed processed. Raw Shea butter that I have bought previously had the consistency of a hard butter. This was like play dough. I use Shea butter for natural hair styles. Read morePublished 19 days ago by Lacindy Guthrie DelValle