Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Millie Marotta's Animal Kingdom Paperback – August 14, 2014
This month's Book With Buzz: "The Lying Game" by Ruth Ware
From the instant New York Times bestselling author of blockbuster thrillers "In a Dark, Dark Wood" and "The Woman in Cabin 10" comes Ruth Ware’s chilling new novel, "The Lying Game." See more
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
“In her books, you'll find whimsical images of idiosyncratic animals, flowers in bloom, and sophisticated patterns at play. Who doesn't love the idea of immersing oneself into a fantastical world of monochromatic illustrations and bringing them to (colorful) life?” —MarthaStewart.com
“Coloring can be weirdly calming, even for grown-ups. Animal Kingdom is a coloring book for adults, filled with stunning, intricate illustrations of various fauna and foliage that’ll ensure hours of relaxation.” —RealSimple.com
“I am on the coloring bandwagon. I can’t wait to try all the fun animals in this book especially the bunnies and squirrels that are just darling. If you haven’t tried it lately I highly recommend it! So fun and relaxing.” —CraftGossip.com
About the Author
Millie Marotta is a hugely popular freelance Illustrator working in her studio by the sea in a little corner of West Wales, UK. She has developed a mild obsession with all things flora and fauna, which, along with intricate pattern and detail, remains an ongoing theme in her work, whether it be for a commission or simply to indulge her own flight of fancy. She works in both traditional and digital media and enjoys working on a diverse range of projects, which include editorial, advertising, merchandising, design for web, textiles and bespoke original works. Her clients range from Virgin Atlantic to Penguin Books.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
Every single page is filled with artistic, intricately adorned birds, animals, butterflies or fish. Some adorned with flowers and leaves others with geometrical shapes and designs. On 5 pages animals have been duplicated without the adornments so you can add your own to create images that are uniquely yours. Some pages have flowers, trees, and leaves decorating the pages as well as adorning the animals.
A perfect addition to your coloring library, or gift for adults, college students and school aged children that enjoy itricate coloring. My 8 year old grandson was here tonight when I received the book and he is so excited, as he turned the pages he started jumping up and down and it was Grandma I want to color the snake, the raccoon, the deer, the bunny, the turtle, the rooster, in the end almost every page in the book.
The cover picture is a collage of pictures in the book, not a picture that is actually in the book and I found many illustrations throughout the book that I like better than the sample images shown so I am going to add my favorites and a couple of my least favorite one’s for you.
1. 88 pages to color, 16 2 page illustrations and 56 single page illustrations, printed front and back of each page, on heavy weight, white paper.
2. The patterns are very intricate and detailed so Colored pencils, or Fiskars Gel pens work well in this book, and all dark Fiskars colors that I tried did not bleed through the paper.
3. I am going to use Fiskars Gel Pens and Crayola Watercolor pencils then possible my Prismacolor color pencils.
4. I also tested Irma Gel pens and the dark blue bled through the paper.
5. Every marker that I tested bled through the pages onto the back, markers included (Staedtler Triplus Fineliners and Triplus color Fibre tip pens (the dark colors bled through other colors randomly) Sharpie ultra fine, Bic Mark it ultra fine, Crayola skinnies.
6. Book is Square, 9 7/8ths x 9 7/8ths inches.
7. I ordered this out of stock book on May 1st and received it from Amazon on May 10th, only 10 days. It was listed as out of stock the day I ordered it and still is listed out of stock, so don’t let that stop you from ordering this amazing coloring book.
8. Bird lovers rejoice, there are 20 bird illustrations in this wonderful book.
1. 14 of the pages have text on the page someplace. Example: Just over the raccoons head this text is printed (Add some color to the bandit-masked raccoon.) Personally I don’t like text in an adult coloring book and especially in the coloring area. However with text only on14 pages we still have 74 pages without text so I am not reducing my star rating.
2. Printed front and back of each page, all markers and some gel pens bleed through the pages.
3. A few of the images have some areas with miniscule details, this is really not a con because you can just color over those areas and the lines will become accents like shadows and texture.
This is a really beautiful book of coloring designs. The only thing I don't like about it is that it is printed on both sides of each sheet of paper.
Sadly, some of the designs stretch across both sheets of paper and that makes it very difficult to draw as the sheets are bound into the book rather than having perforated pages. I was able to push hard and essentially bend the binding to get the book to lay fairly flat.
I am on my second book of these designs and I wanted to color some from both sides and I had problems with some of my markers bleeding through.
The paper is nice heavy weight and is bright white. The designs are really beautiful. I love this artist's ability to take a beautiful drawing of an animal or insect and turn it into such an intricate and gorgeous coloring page. Because it is intricate, I do have to use my magnifying lamp from time to time.
I just wish that the artist and publishing company had printed on side of the paper. They could have turned the book into two books - with half as many designs in each and I would gladly have purchased both. I hope they consider this in the future or provide us with an additional set of larger format prints of a few of the most popular designs - printed one side only.
Even with this issue, I still think this is an outstanding color book. As I mentioned, I just recently bought my second one (which is how I can give you the video of the blank book instead of the one that I colored. I was happy to buy the second book and will enjoy coloring the "other" side in this one.