Millie's Angel: Just Imagine by Kim Petersen is a family saga, a story about family secrets, hurts, and the liberating power of love. When Millie comes home and discovers that her mother has been badly hurt, she believes it could be the worst day for her family -- she doesn't know who could do such a thing. But it is when her mother decides to leave that life completely changes for her family. She has to live with a father who has a mysterious, dark pallor shrouding his countenance, take care of her kid brother, and face the challenges of everyday life, of falling in love and getting hurt. But something else is happening as she struggles to make sense out of her life. She develops a connection with an angelic gift that will play a wonderful role in the life of her family.
Millie's Angel: Just Imagine is a heartwarming, spiritually rich, and inspirational story that has a lot of realism in it, a story that will uplift and empower readers and remind them to never lose hope when things go wrong. Kim Petersen has crafted a very beautiful story around the growth and journey towards inner freedom of a young girl. It features very compelling themes, including love and friendship, family secrets, the miracle of generously embracing one's gifts, and the purpose of life. Petersen's writing flows sweetly -- like drippings of honeycomb. The internal conflict created within the protagonist is equally powerful and it helps to pull readers in. This is an exciting story in which the reader will find something of themselves.
From the Inside Flap
- Kim Petersen has crafted a very inspiring tale around an angel, a young girl, and a troubled family. - Readers Favorite Review
- What if you've accumulated enough light from lives past to shine that light brighter than ever before in this embodiment? And what if you could learn to consciously charge that light into an artist's canvas destined to reach the most influential people around the world?
- Love. Faith. Charity& Healing - The world needs the illuminating rays of each. For Millie, the path that stretches before her is an emotionally driven lesson about the laws of love and hate before she becomes ready enough to learn of her gifts that will help shift the collective consciousness of the world.
- Set in the southern suburbs of Sydney, life would be normal for Millie if not for the loud echo of silence that often filled the old walls of the house - and if her father would stop looking at her as if she were a ghost.
- Millie's life is turned upside down one afternoon when she discovers her mother beaten and bleeding upon the sheets of her bed. With the cold chill of dread churning through the pit of her stomach, Millie anguishes over who may be responsible for her mother's brutal attack. In her darkest hour she ironically finds solace within the visionary coloured angel wings that appear before her.
- Life becomes even more awkward when Millie's mother returns from hospital with a secret plan to leave her family behind. She knows the evil her husband is capable of, and has kept remnants from the past within the confines of a hidden box for many years. Struggling between the unyielding love she has for her children,and the guilt that plagues her, she follows through with her plan to leave and flees the twisted clutches of her disturbed husband.
- With her mother gone, Millie is left to govern a life with a father she loves dearly, yet struggles to comprehend the dark force she knows shadows beneath his surface. Thank god for Emily and Damon - the wild neighbour that becomes her cherished friend and the boy that captures her heart.
- Through the battles they all face and the love and tragedy that touches each of their lives, Millie, Emily and Damon find haven and strength within the bond of their friendships.
- Four years later Millie discovers a box that reveals secrets she would rather not face. Revealing long kept secrets that reawaken her father's inner demon to avenge the wife that betrayed him. With the quest for blood driving his determination, he finds his life becomes centred on a deadly game of hunter and quarry.
- Discover the secrets, heartbreak and denial that appear determined to taint the days of Millie's life as she ponders the power of thought and imagination between her divine encounters with an angel.
- When the day arrives that Millie realises the blessings of her own angelic gift - an event that will change her life forever- you will find your spirits uplifted as you resonate, laugh and cry in this heart-warming,thought-provoking suspenseful family saga.