|Item Weight||5 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||2.3 x 12.9 x 7.6 inches|
|Item model number||2780-20|
|Batteries||2 Lithium ion batteries required.|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Included Components||Construction - Concrete & Metal Tools, Power Straight Grinder, Bench Grinders|
|Battery Cell Type||Lithium Ion|
|Warranty Description||5 year on tool|
4 Year Home Improvement Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Drops, spills and cracked screens due to normal use covered for portable products and power surges covered from day one. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
Milwaukee 2780-20 M18 Fuel 4-1/2"/5" Pad, Bare
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- POWERSTATE Brushless Motor: Delivers maximum power and up to 10X longer motor life
- REDLINK PLUS Intelligence provides optimized performance, electronic clutch, and overload protection using total system communication between tool, battery and charger
- REDLITHIUM XC5.0 Battery Pack (not included) provides superior pack construction, electronics, and performance to deliver 2X more run-time and more work over pack life
- POWER TO GRIND: World’s first cordless grinder with corded performance.
- DURABILITY: Same metal housing & gearing system as legendary high performance corded grinders
- 100% tool free: Make all accessory changes and guard adjustments without a wrench for increased productivity
- Paddle-switch design: Provides increased comfort and ease-of-use when operating in various positions
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
Milwaukee 2680-20 M18 18V Lithium Ion 4 1/2 Inch Cordless Grinder with Burst Resistant Guard and Paddle Switch Design
Cordless Angle Grinder, 8500 rpm
DEWALT DCG413B 20V MAX Brushless Cut Off Tool/Grinder (Tool Only)
DEWALT Angle Grinder Tool, Paddle Switch, 4-1/2-Inch, 11-Amp (DWE402)
KIMO 20V Brushless Cordless Angle Grinder, 4-1/2 Inch, 9000RPM w/ 4.0Ah Lithium-Ion Battery & Fast Charger, 2-Position Adjustable Auxiliary Handle, Electric Brake, 5 Cutting Wheels, 5 Grinding Wheels
|Sold By||JBTools||M&M Merchandise Market||Litlyandia||Vera Tools||Amazon.com||KIMO Tools|
|Item Dimensions||2.30 x 12.90 x 7.60 inches||16.10 x 6.70 x 5.30 inches||4.00 x 3.50 x 12.60 inches||12.20 x 4.70 x 6.00 inches||15.63 x 5.94 x 4.81 inches||13.00 x 3.80 x 5.00 inches|
The world’s first cordless grinder delivers the power of a corded grinder with up to 2X more run time and up to 10X longer motor life. The M18 FUEL™ 4-1/2" / 5" Grinder supplies maximum sustained power to complete the toughest grinding, surface preparation and cutting applications. The POWERSTATE™ Brushless Motor provides up to 10X longer motor life and lower cost of ownership. The M18™ REDLITHIUM™ XC5.0 Battery Pack (not included) delivers up to 4X more run time and 20% more power. The grinder features REDLINK PLUS™ Intelligence, the most advanced system of cordless power tool electronics, for maximum performance. The 18-volt lithium-ion grinder’s thin body design gives it optimized balance to rest easily in your hands. Tool-free accessory changes and guard adjustments mean less downtime during work. The grinder is built with the same tool body, gearing system and anti-vibration side handle as Milwaukee’s legendary high-performance corded grinders for maximum durability on the job. Grinding wheel sold separately.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The handle on this is 1.5 inches shorter, and without some kind of shield it scares me. There are many times the guard gets in the way, or you can't see what you are doing. So I had to figure out a way to protect my hands, but still be able to see what I am doing. So I modified the guard, and will never use it without the modified guard. The modification allows me to see what I am cutting, but still protect my hands.
I think this is a dangerous tool, they really need to redesign this tool, and make the handle at least 1.5 inches longer.
I thought this would replace my older plug in grinder, but that will still be my go to grinder. This new grinder will still have it's place, but only for small quick jobs.
The good: Better than expected power. it has enough power to remove metal pretty quickly although not quite as fast as my 4 inch dewalts with a cord but, thats to be expected. The brake feature works well and stops the wheel in a couple seconds or less. The tool is comfortable in the hand and vibrates very little. It also has a look and feel of being well made which i have come to expect from Milwaukee tools.
The bad: it eats batteries even faster than expected. It will drain a 5 amp hour battery in maybe 10 minutes of near continuous use. I dont consider this to be milwaukee's fault, rather just the nature of this type of too but i do think it is important to know before you buy. Also the brake makes a weird noise that sounds like a problem with the gears. I have decided that there is no problem and its just the way it sounds so, not really a bad thing if im correct.
Overall, its a good tool and could come in handy for small jobs away form power of if you just dont feel like dragging out a cord. However, dont buy it thinking your going to do a lot of grinding at a time unless you have a lot of batteries.
On a positive note, a review for the REGULAR (non-Fuel) M18 grinder said that the user could grind 3 blades on a lawnmover on a single 5.0 battery pack. I have no idea what that person has to grind, etc., but for my case, I had 1 out of 4 lights on a 5.0 battery left and I wanted to see what it could do. I was very pleasantly surprised that when I needed to do my touchup with the blades still installed on the mower deck, I touched up all three and still had battery. This beast is solid.
So to wrap it up, if you asked me if I would recommend it, I would say it depends. What battery/batteries do you have. If you have the XP's like I do, then no. You're better off getting the tool with an updated battery, possibly. If you have a new CP 6.0 or bigger then I would say go for it.
Until I used this one.
Top reviews from other countries
cords etc. I have used Milwaukee cordless tools over the years and found they stand up better than most other cordless tools