Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 100 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 116 reviews
on June 22, 2017
I love the bits -- I bought them in 2008 and they are still going strong -- but am taking 3 stars off because I HATE the really crummy stupid plastic case the bits are stored in. The bits keep falling out of the holes. The holes are weak plastic that easily get cored out, and it makes hard to tell whether a drill bit really fits in a hole, or if the hole has become enlarged and is accepting one size drill bit too large... for example a hole marked as 7/32" might accept s 1/4" bit
on June 2, 2012
These bits are the tradtional titanium coated bits that most manufacturers offer. There's nothing worng with them as general purpose wood and plastic bits. (For metal, I only trust Cobalt bits - the material, not the brand.) The smaller sizes are duplicated since breaking them is very easy (already lost a 1/8" in a water heater install.) But as long as you're not too hung up on brand, replacing the broken ones is a snap. And the case is EXCELLENT. It's a book style case with three folding sections each holding bits. All sizes are clearly marked and the case and latches are solid, so abuse isn't an issue. So buy this set and replace the bits with quality black oxide or titanium replacements as they break or get lost.
on June 5, 2008
I have purchased this set several times to give as gifts and to carry in various "kits" I have created for different jobs.

These are not the absolute best bits Milwaukee makes or the absolute best on the market, but this set IS THE BEST basic bit set you can buy at this kind of a price.

135 degree split point tips for easy starting in a range of materials, quality titanium coating for longer life when drilling metal, good organizing case, flatted shanks for no chuck slippage and today Amazon is selling this set for about 80 cents per bit.

At that price, I'd expect junk quality. This set delivers excellent quality. Unless you are willing to pay a lot more money, this is the set to buy.
on January 28, 2013
I got these a while ago and they seem to be holding up well. Some people don't understand how to drill or what kind of drill bits they need. TI coated bits are harder on the outside than the hardest cobalt bits (which are considered the best) The problem is that TI bits are only coated, so if you drill too fast and kill the coating, you may as well just throw it away. Because now, its just a steel bit. TI bits cannot be sharpened or they will loose this coating as well. Just remember to keep constant pressure, keep the bit straight, and keep it as cool as possible by drilling ONLY as fast as you need to and you should be successful and also be able to keep a set of drill bits for a long time.
on June 8, 2017
Nice bits, seem to hold their edge well over time.
on April 18, 2017
Great Price!!! Fast shipping!!!
on November 5, 2010
I was very pleased with the quality of the bits in this package. Just as impressive was the nicely made case they come in which fits into the previously empty slot in my Milwaukee 2410-22 M12 case! So many of the other name brand drill and driver sets come in a cheap case that breaks within a few weeks of purchase, but this one ain't going to have any such problems! The case is solid with rubber bumpers on the ends and a very simple yet effective latch mechanism. I also like the fact that the bits lift out of HOLES in the bit holders instead of being held in by those infuriating clamp type holders which end up hurting your fingers trying to pry a bit out, or worse, breaking one of the small bits in half in the process!

If you are looking for a quality set of drill bits to compliment your drill/driver tool, you would be hard pressed to find a better choice than this one! While these bits will work with any brand of drill, if you don't already own a Milwaukee cordless drill/driver, this drill bit set will give you an idea of the quality this brand offers. Their cordless drill/driver tools are even more impressive than their drill bit packages!
on June 6, 2008
Drill bits cut smooth and clean. I guess the 135° Split Point has something to do with it. It also self-centers and keeps the drill bits from roaming on hard, smooth surfaces.

This set also boasts "titanium coating" which should last much longer. I have not had the drill bits long enough to put that to the test yet.

Another feature I really like on this set is the "3-Flat Shank" which prevents the bit from slipping in the chuck. My other bits at times just spin in the chuck.

This set includes:
(1) ¼ inch bit
(1) 5/16 inch bit
(1) 3/8 inch bit
(1) ½ inch bit
and plastic case with sliding lock.

I don't know how well these drill bits would stand up to a contractors standards, but it is a great little set for home improvement people when you don't want to haul around a huge set.
on April 11, 2010
As a Handyman Contractor, I go through a lot of drill bits. This set is a good value. I agree with one reviewer that the small ones break easily. But then again, I've never seen smaller bits that did not break if you don't keep your drill straight.

I have tried more expensive bits and they do last longer but eventually wear out. For the money, these are my favorites. My only complaint about titanium coated bits is that they are difficult to sharpen on a Drill Doctor.

I also like the drill index and carrying case. As long as I am careful to put them back, they are always where they need to be. I also like the size selection. Most small sets don't come with a 1/2" bit.
on November 25, 2011
For most people this set will be great. I recently bought my first house so I needed something to get me by until I could afford a really good set. I have been really abusing this set, drilling through concrete, marble, plastics, metal, etc. I have broken 2 of the smaller bits and one of my larger bits is starting to dull. If this set was just for my wood shop, I am sure it would be the perfect set. If you are going to be doing other stuff frequently, might want to get a better set.