Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 7 reviews
on August 5, 2012
This book presents the Computational-Representational Understanding of the Mind (CRUM). To be fair, the book is particularly well written and provides extremely helpful end of chapter summaries. Yet while the author does try to be even handed in presenting often opposing theories, there are definite preferences communicated. In short, it's an intriguing book on current thinking on how we really think.
on August 7, 2010
Very good book regarding the Computational Representational Understanding of Mind (CRUM). Althought only focusing on one theory to explain the fucntioning of our mind it has concise and easy to understand explanations, going from the most basic representations to the most complex.
on November 23, 2012
Thagard's book is little more than an extremely superficial skim of and introduction to cognitive science. I know that the book is supposed to be a simple introduction, but in many ways it is far to simplistic and glossed over. There are many times at which he introduces new terms and concepts without defining them. He also jumps around quite a bit. His examples are very short and do not provide much insight beyond the obvious. Unless you need the book for class, I would avoid it. If you are just looking for an informative introduction to cognitive science, this is not the book for you.
on May 13, 2013
I thought the book sounded intriguing and was actually interested in the topic but found the book quite boring. I was not a fan of the organization of the book and found it kind-of confusing. I had to read the book for a college class, but would have tried to return it had I bought it for myself outside of class.
on October 13, 2012
The book is like new. I am very satisfied. It is perfect. I am glad I bought this item here.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse