Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 180 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 191 reviews
on January 26, 2016
I actually LIKE Qwirkle Cubes, but both my son and husband aren't sure they like it as well as regular Qwirkle. The main thing is that you can't "hide your hand" with cubes, everything is exposed so others know what you've got (although, you can roll and change it up). So far, it hasn't bothered me, but that's because I usually win. The guys think it throws off their strategy. Maybe that's because they usually lose. ;<)

I like both. I think it's easier to teach others the regular game first. Cubes allows you to throw them ONCE before each turn (you can throw 1 or as many as you want). So, it gives you options if you have the right color for a Qwirkle, cuz you can try rolling to get the right shape. It doesn't often work, but sometimes it does.

Also, it seems like with Cubes, the "board" gets more compact which makes it difficult to build on someone else's cubes. I'm not sure if this is my imagination, but it seems to be this way every time we play.

So, I would definitely get the regular cubes first, especially if it's new to you. Save the cubes for later on. (See my photo to see what the board looks like.)
review image
on April 17, 2017
Have so much fun during family game night. We just recently bought another one as gift to my best friend because he too is parent of 2 boys same ages as mine and we love it!
Try Qwirkle and you won't regret it l!
My kids are hilarious, I won the first game and I was awarded a Pepsi.😂😂😂 LOVE LOVE LOVE this game.

I was NOT given a discount for my review, these are my opinions and keep in mind what works for us might not work for you but this game is awesome.
My smallest kid is 5 and he plays like a pro.
Perfect for a night when you don't want to cook, shut off the tv and computers and dedicate special time to your family. Pizza, game and a whole lot of awesome little people that call me mum.
Life doesn't get better than that!
review image review image
on January 25, 2010
I bought this game for our family for New Year's. I knew I wanted to buy Qwirkle but was torn on which version to get. I purchased this version since it sounded like it was a little more challenging and you could roll the dice which would change the outcome of your hand. My 3 boys (ages 10, 8 and 6) love this game as do me and my husband. I was amazed at how quickly my 8 year old caught on to the strategy of the game. My six year old gets it too but I usually have to help him out a little. My boys usually come home from school and want to play a game of Qwirkle. It is a game that can be played in less than an hour and it is fun! It does require some thinking which I appreciate as a mom. I highly recommend this game!!!
on September 22, 2015
I love Qwirkle. It's a fun game for all ages. It's a great game for talking, similar to dominoes. I am posting an image of my other favorite product: my 1985 F-150.
review image
on August 26, 2013
This is a great game ! A lot more strategy than the flat version, since you can roll some or all of your cubes once, and you can see what your opponents have and plot your strategy accordingly. Over the past few years I have purchased 6 or 8 copies for friends and relatives.
I would give it 5 stars but I just bought another copy, and it now comes in a cheap, over sized box. It used to come in a quality, elegant box that was just big enough to make put away easy. Dumb move, Mindware !
on September 16, 2009
This is an excellent mind exercise "game". Although 4 could play, it's probably better with 2 since that provides an opportunity for more defensive strategy. At the same time, it could easily become an intergenerational activity since all you have to be able to do is recognize colors and shapes.
on December 31, 2015
It's been five years since we bought this game, and we've played it once. We loved the original Qwirkle, so naturally I thought we would love this one just as much. WRONG! I guess we just thought it was so much more complicated with rolling the dice and all. I don't know. we just didn't like it. I'm glad that it's in such a small box, and that it doesn't take up much room.
on December 25, 2009
Qwirkle is one of the best games out there in my opinion. It is very easy to play yet levels the playing field for everyone from three year olds to grandmas. Qwirkle Cubes is a beautifully-made game that fits nicely in its box (thank you Mindware). The cubes are smaller than I expected - the size of large dice - but perfectly appropriate for the game. Love it!
on December 28, 2009
This is a great game. We bought regular Qwirkle last year, and played it more than any other game. Qwirkle cube is equally good ... perhaps better, and a nice change of pace from regular Qwirkle. About the only other game we like better is Carcassonne Hunters and Gatherers. It's great with only 2 people or up to 4 people. My wife and I play it alone or with our 8 and 10 year old daughters. It's good because the game goes fast and you don't have to sit bored waiting for your turn as in some games. It is also aesthetically pleasing. There is a decent blend of strategy and luck (more of the former I think).
on December 28, 2010
I purchased this game for my daughter's 11th birthday and I do wish I had followed other reviewers advice and purchased the game board Qwirkle first.

The options in rolling can seem overwhelming, but it's fun. It isn't a quick game, but it's not boring like Monopoly (for my family).

If you are new to Qwirkle, I would suggest the game board version FIRST and then if your family likes it, move up to the cube version.

Have fun!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.