Lyft Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

MindWare Qwirkle Cubes
Size: None|Color: Multicolor|Change
Price:$24.95+ Free shipping

on July 15, 2016
A great game. My son and family arrived last week for a visit and we started by playing the regular version of Qwirkle (which I was not familiar with). Just a great game, and so when we heard about the cubes - we ordered that on Amazon prime and two days later, we were playing that too. I don't think it replaces the original game, but its a nice change. I like that the cubes are displayed (no need to hide one's hand as in regular Qwirkle), and I like that one can roll the dice on each turn (better than getting stuck with 2 pairs and debating whether to skip a turn to turn some in). Qwirkle is a fine game because the balance of luck and skill is such that a six-year old can play with adults and still win (when chance shines, or when they are unusually bright), while still providing adults with an interesting challenge. Any adult who has spent endless hours placing something mindless and boring like chutes and ladders will sure appreciate getting their kids up to speed quickly on Qwirkle!!
on April 17, 2017
Have so much fun during family game night. We just recently bought another one as gift to my best friend because he too is parent of 2 boys same ages as mine and we love it!
Try Qwirkle and you won't regret it l!
My kids are hilarious, I won the first game and I was awarded a Pepsi.😂😂😂 LOVE LOVE LOVE this game.

I was NOT given a discount for my review, these are my opinions and keep in mind what works for us might not work for you but this game is awesome.
My smallest kid is 5 and he plays like a pro.
Perfect for a night when you don't want to cook, shut off the tv and computers and dedicate special time to your family. Pizza, game and a whole lot of awesome little people that call me mum.
Life doesn't get better than that!
review imagereview image
PROS:
- Fun!!!
- Challenging, strategic, makes you think (but you play open-handed so you can help out the younger players a bit if needed)
- For many age groups + no language restriction, since there is no reading involved, just symbols and colors
- Well-made wooden cubes and thick cotton drawstring bag
- Can be played in around 45 minutes to an hour

CONS:
- learning curve of understanding the Qwirkle rules — The first few times it took all the players constant attention to make sure no one was accidentally breaking any qwirkle rules when placing the cubes. It is definitely worth the time investment to get the hang of the game, especially for a strategic game enthusiast like me, but I noticed players who weren't 100% into logic games couldn't get over the initial hurdle of learning and applying the rules.

I love this strategic game and hope we get a chance to play it even more as our (now) little kids get older. We don't have the much praised "original" Qwirkle, so I can't compare, but I find this version very fun and engaging. It reminds me of Scrabble, but without letters/words — we have a great age range in our family and also members who don't speak English fluently, so this symbol and color based game is perfect for us! Getting into Qwirkle mode and immersing yourself in the thinking of the game is the one hurdle that has kept this game from being a winner with all players — you really have to commit to learning the game (no casual players). However, to me the beauty and challenge of the game lies in these very rules that are simple but require everyone to think through every cube placed, so I would still highly recommend Qwirkle Cubes to anyone who enjoys logic-based games.
on December 3, 2015
This game is the favorite in our house/RV. all my boys are grown now and this is the game that we play when we all get together, I've had to buy one for each of them for their homes. My mother loves to play too and she's 76...she is good too. It will be an all time favorite and classic in no time., next to Uno and Phase 10. Highly recommend, but get a timer if you have a son that has engineer brain...for he'll study the board and his next move FOREVER...so we have to time only his turn so that the game will not last all night, he analyzes it way too much. hahaha. Try it you'll like it. We do.
on February 16, 2018
My son had played this game while at Cub Scout Camp and came home saying we just HAD to get it. He really enjoys it and it makes him think and analyze which is great! I love games that make him use his brain!
on January 8, 2013
As the title indicated, I like the 3d block version on Qwirkle much better. I'm not going to take the time to reiterate the rules of the game, as I'm sure you can look those up elsewhere.

The game comes with a Qwirkle branded carrying pouch that holds all of the blocks and the instructions for easy portability. I actually just discarded the box that it came in... you won't need it because of the included carrying pouch.

The blocks are smaller than the tile version (the original) of the game. I actually like that because it means that you don't have to have as big of a playing surface to play an entire game.

The flow of the game is different too. If you know how to play, all I'm gonna say, is that thus far, it seems to be easier to get Qwirkles and the score of the games are higher than the traditional game. Once again, I like the flow of the blocks version MUCH better than the original tile version.

Well worth the price tag. I play all the time!
on November 4, 2014
We have big Qwirkle fans at my house so we thought this would be fun. It takes a little effort to get used to but is more challenging if you want to mix things up a bit. This is because everyone gets to roll their cubes on their turn which gives you less time to plan your move. Also know that the cubes are smaller than the standard Qwirkle tiles which also takes getting used to. I would recommend this game. Challenging for all age groups and good for your brain. My 9 and 11 year olds love it as well as my parents and 93 year old grandma!
on June 21, 2016
We love Quirkle so much that I thought this would be a fun change of pace. It seemed as if the basic play is the same as Quirkle but the twist is that you toss the cube so can use any side to make a match. We find the rules a bit confusing so have just made up our own way to play. It's still fun but we have gone back to the other Quirkle game and this one will sit idle until we figure it out.
on September 11, 2013
He's ASD and loves his Qwirkle set. He plays with it in many different ways - copies the box layout, lays out by color, by pattern, makes shapes with it (squares, cubes, rectangles), fits it into his other shaped toys, builds with it, etc. We even use the shapes on the sides of the cube to indicate other objects (since my son is nonverbal), e.g. clover is clouds, and stars...they're the stars in the stars in the sky etc.
on January 5, 2018
I like this better then regular Qwirkle
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.