YED Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 New Year, New You Valentines Day STEM Shop Popular Services Gleason Gleason Gleason  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now NYNN

Showing 1-10 of 401 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 420 reviews
on July 28, 2011
This game can be a beginning place for quilting, an excellent teaching tool for symmetry and fractions as well as teaching visual dexterity. I have used it both with my students and to teach other teachers. A tool well worth having in the classroom. If I had known how good it was, I would have purchased it sooner. As a game, its competition levels can be easily adjusted from a cooperative learning tool to high level competition. It is unusual in that it gives the edge to kinesthetic visual and artistic learner. It is an excellent tool to teach visual acuity and sharpens the powers of observation. There is much room to further develop its usefulness within the classroom.
on November 12, 2010
My family loves this game. The best part is that my older son and husband play it like the game instructs and compete to finish first. My younger son, however, does not like to compete. He and I just solve the picture puzzles and move on to the next. It's a great visual exercise either way!
on March 24, 2011
My eight year old son and I love this game; it is a good spacial orientation puzzle game that takes a minute to learn and forever to master. Each round takes only a few minutes and the playing area is very small (can even be used in the car) so its a perfect alternative to mindless cartoons and other TV drivel.
on February 4, 2011
When we first introduced this to our children (ages 9, 7,&6) they thought it was a bit difficult. Once we played a few rounds, they got it. Now they can beat both their parents in speed! They compete against each other to assemble the patterns first.

What a wonderfully thought out, learning game.
Our entire family loves it, and we've already given this as a gift to friends and their kids.

Highly recommended!
on February 17, 2011
This truly is a mind expanding game. It challenges spacial relations and memory. There are variations on the mode of play and individual easy to hard designs. The winner of each round kept changing so no one felt bad, everyone had fun. The rules are simple but also adaptable. Choose the mode you like. There are plenty of design cards but you could also invent your own designs. Very creative game. The pieces are sturdy wood so they'll last a long time. I can also see where this could be used for therapy for patients in need of mental stimulation.
on March 24, 2011
I wish there was a way to give 4.5 stars. We purchased this about four months ago, and the kids are really enjoying it. Even our two five year olds like to try to compete against big sis, and they are definitely getting better at it! While we love the fact that our seven year old is seeing noticeable improvement in her spatial skills, it's also nice to hear her ask grandparents to play with her just because. The three different kinds of play that the rules suggest can also be used to level the field when players have very different skill levels. (My husband and I often require strong players to "roll" the right configuration during every round to give weaker players a chance, for example.) The pieces seem likely to hold up well with time. The first thing to go will probably be the pattern cards, and I think drawing out new ones would be pretty easy if it came to that. Alternately, I bet you could even make patterns and snap a pic, and pop it up on the tv screen from the camera. (Currently, the cards are fine in our set.)

Based on what I was able to find in edu-stores, this is the best thing around for spatial improvement + fun. The only thing standing between it and 5 stars as far as the kids are concerned is that it doesn't use batteries and doesn't make any annoying- I mean exciting- noises.
on December 27, 2016
Great learning game for kids (mine are 7, 10, & 11). It's not often you hear your kids say "this is hard... but fun!" Exercises 'spatial intelligence' and memory.
Built well. Wish it came with a small digital timer but probably would add to the cost.

highly recommended to get your kids brains exercising!
on January 12, 2011
My husband and I love to play this game when our 7 year old son asks. Unfortunately it doesn't take long for him to get frustrated by his inability to win a round. Despite his above average intelligence, he usually doesn't do well with accomplishing things under pressure (like racing us to finish this game) so we thought this might be a fun way for him to learn to think more quickly. We give him a headstart usually but he still gets upset. In another year or two this will be a really great game for us.
on January 11, 2017
I finally found a challenging game for my daughter, nephew and nieces. They range in age from 11 to 32 and were able to participate together regardless of age. Some found it easy and others hard. Anyone good with spatial relationships will probably like it. I try to get a new game for each family reunion and this one was a good choice for our family. The game is well made with instructions were excellent.
on December 24, 2016
My kiddos just opened this tonight. It was a Christmas present for the family. They love it: ages 8, 12, and me 60! he he he.... Kid at heart...
Good mind thinking game.... We do a lot of family board games. No DS's, WII's, or nintendo's for this family :)

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.