Lyft Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One ft Vant PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 419 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 438 reviews
on September 10, 2013
My girlfriend hates games. Like, HATES games. Getting her to sit down and play a game is like trying to wrestle an alligator. She just doesn't want to sit and think quietly for long periods of time. She'd rather be up and moving around and talking. All good things, for sure, but sometimes I just want to play a game.

Enter Quirkle.

The game takes only 45 minutes or so to play, and is not so involved that you can't talk during the game. We have played with friends, with parents, with children, while waiting for food in the oven, at the beach, while watching TV, you name it. The game is fun, challenging, and can be done as a primary activity or on the side to accompany something else. It's fun, colorful, and makes you think.

The bag it comes in has some loose threads inside, and I think it is of middling quality, but you could always use a homemade bag or plastic bag if it breaks. At least it's much more versatile than regular Quirkle. Honestly, I don't see a reason to buy the full version of the game. The travel version is so portable, and the tiles are about the size of Scrabble tiles, so you're not really sacrificing size for portability like you do with some other games in which you have pinch your fingers together to manipulate tiny pieces. Quirkle is a ton of fun and the travel version slips right into a backpack and takes up no space at all.
on October 19, 2015
This game is amazing. It has incredible replay value, can be played by children and adults alike (even in the same game), allows for strategy while also leaving the outcome slightly up to luck, and is just plain fun! Our playing style has already started to evolve. We definitely like the travel edition; the pieces are Scrabble sized (consider repurposing a Scrabble board to keep your Qwirkle game neat!) and a convenient pouch is included. I think the only advantage of the regular sized one would be for those with impaired mobility in their hands or vision problems, as the larger pieces would be easier to see and handle.

Qwirkle is sort of like Scrabble with shapes/colors instead of words. You lay down tiles that go together to earn points (1 point per tile). Tiles go together in two ways: either because they match shape or color, and you can't duplicate a shape/color combo in a row (eg: not allowed to play two orange squares in the same adjoining row or column). If you can complete a line of all one color (in each of the 6 shapes) or all one shape (in each of the six colors) you get a Qwirkle, which is worth 12 instead of just 6! You play until all the tiles are gone, and the first person to use all of their tiles gets a bonus 6 points. The person with the highest score wins!
on February 5, 2017
Much like dominoes only with different colored shapes! Making it easier for the young and very old to play alone or together. And to bring together people who do not speak the same language during travels. Who does not enjoy playing board games and this game doesn't have or require a board.
on February 21, 2017
Fun little game. I actually bought this to replace the full size set on my shelf because I hated the opening the normal box and this is easier to get on the table as it takes up less room when there is more going on (like drinks and snacks) the strategy is straight forward. It's an abstract game that is simple enough almost anyone can have it figured out in a few minutes. One of my wife's favorites, it finds its way to the table often
on January 27, 2016
I love this game. I describe it to people as a visual Scrabble. I've played with the regular size and travel size, and much prefer the travel size - the regular size is so large that I struggle to find a table with enough space for play.

Some feedback to the manufacturer:
1) I use the tile trays from my Scrabble board to lay my Qwirkle tiles during play - it would be great if Qwirkle could provide something similar to rest tiles on. 2) The red and orange are very close in color, making it hard to distinguish when played in lighting that isn't fully bright. I usually play in the evening so lighting tends to be a little dimmer in the room. I have great eyesight (and I'm an artist so I pride myself on being able to see colors well) and catch myself bringing the orange/red tiles closer to my eyes to see which is which color. Every other person I've played with, have commented on this as well.
on March 25, 2015
I love the game, but the travel version of the game is not well made. the finish scratches far too easily and they become unreadable. I have purchased two sets, and both were of the same poor quality finish. If I were to buy another set, I'd put a clear coat of lacquer on them before using them. How easy it would be for the manufacturer to do that, and avoid negative feedback? Short sighted short cuts in manufacture for a timeless gem of a game.
on August 8, 2017
If you never played this game trust me - you'll get hooked. It comes in a larger size but I recommend this one since its easier to store and doesn't take up as much room on the table when you play it. Only issue I found is that the blue and green look alike so you have to play in very strong light to tell them apart (not just me - everyone else has made the same comment when playing.)
on January 21, 2016
My friend loves this game and thought me and my husband would love it as well, so when we were doing games for stockings, we decided to get it. One thing that I love is that the travel edition is the same (game play wise) as the full sized edition. Also, even with the small tiles the game play can get pretty spread out and I'm not sure how well that would work with significantly larger tiles.

During the game, you keep the tiles on their sides when they're in your "hand" (kind of like dominos) and in this edition, shadows make it difficult to differentiate between some colors (blue/green, orange/red). We also bought the full sized edition for my grandmother and she reported that this is not a problem with that set.

The game itself is okay. We found it dragging at some points, but it is a good background game to play while having a good conversation. Also, keeping score (by tally) can become tedious.
on December 22, 2016
My son and I love this game! We have the full sized version for when we have company, but we like to bring our game to restaurants with us to play. We do this with many games and it turns an evening that could be everyone staring at their cell phones into a fun, lively time. We pack a folded piece of paper and a small pen right in the convenient bag, and we're good to go. Most restaurant tabletops easily accommodate a full game if you are creative with your food placement, and the pieces are easy to wipe down.

As for the quality of this product for the price, the pieces are all wooden and full color. The bag is not flimsy and it holds up to being squashed in a trunk and a backpack and opened on a plane.

Thank you, MindWare, for your consistently wonderful products.
on April 20, 2017
Great fun game, excellent for the whole family. Probably best for ages 8 and up. Easy to learn. This is the travel size so the tiles are quite small, but cute little zipper bag is perfect for keeping them safe in. Perfect size to toss in your travel bag to take along on trips in case of a rainy day or a lazy evening.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.