Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18SW_gno

on January 10, 2016
Yes, the pieces are really tiny, you can hold your entire hand in your... well, hand! But it works perfectly, and you can also stand the pieces in the table. The only thing that prevents a 5 stars of this version is that the red and orange pieces look very similar in color. Not a big deal for me as I was already planning on marking the red ones with a sharpie (I drew a little "R" inside each piece), because some of my friends are colorblind for red/green. In the picture I'm attaching, orange and red tiles look waaaay more similar than in reality, so don't get crazy worried. If you have good lighting in the room, that shouldn't be an issue.

Oh! Also for those people that knew about the problem of the pieces sticking together because of wet paint, and ruining the game: in this version when I opened the package all pieces were stacked with a thin paper separating each stack, so that's not an issue any more.
review image
on August 15, 2014
I have an original Qwirkle game and we just love playing it. I got this as a gift, deciding a travel version would be much easier to store (and haul around). One of the other reviews said the tiles were a "little smaller". That is an understatement. The original tiles are 1-1/4" square and 5/16" thick. The travel version tiles are 3/4" square and just hair over 3/16" thick - substantially smaller. They appear to be 1/4 the size of the original (until you lay one on the four smaller ones).

The bonus is that you don't need as much real estate to play this version!

That being said, it should still be lots of fun and the designs are clear and sharp. However, the price of $20.00 for this tiny set seems a bit high.
11 comment| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 5, 2017
Much like dominoes only with different colored shapes! Making it easier for the young and very old to play alone or together. And to bring together people who do not speak the same language during travels. Who does not enjoy playing board games and this game doesn't have or require a board.
on December 28, 2014
Great game! My family watched Qwirkle on the show Tabletop on YouTube's Geek and Sundry channel and were hooked. We opted to purchase the travel edition as we heard the regular version was quite large necessitating a possible move of the game pieces mid-game to keep it on the table. We love the portability of this game. The pieces are the same size as Scrabble pieces, but they are not super-high quality. However, they are acceptable quality. The colors are hard to distinguish in low lighting, but I hear that is true for the larger set as well. I love the travel bag as it stands up and acts as a wonderful spare tile receptacle to pass amongst the players during the game. Overall, I would recommend this to others, for sure.
on May 3, 2017
It is a very fun game, for the whole family, but this travel pack is just way too small. On an average size table most people, including children had trouble seeing the colors and shapes properly, which caused a few mistakes during the game. The game itself is worth it, the travel package is not.
on July 8, 2016
I started using this with my husband who has Primary Progressive Aphasia. It really helps with him identifying colors and shapes. Product came quickly and in a nice case for traveling. Didn't realize that the tiles are wooden like the letter games. An unexpected great surprise, makes them more durable!
on June 2, 2017
Fun game that I bought to play with my 7 y/o, uses a lot of math though, you have to write down the scores so it would've been nice to have a little notepad that comes with the game but obv not a big deal, would recommend!
on February 15, 2016
The pouch is a perfect size, my girlfriend and I can easily fit a game on our coffee table. The tiles are uniform and solid, well-made, easy to move around but not slippery. Just small enough to be convenient but large enough that individual shapes are easily visible. However, I have indirect lighting in my living room, and in low-medium light the red and orange are only distinguishable from each other if you hold them side-by-side. Green-blue have the same problem, but to a lesser degree.

Overall it's great, the nature of this game (drawing tiles from a bag, not requiring a playing board) makes it ideal for a travel setup. I just need to get another lamp for my room before I play again.
on January 13, 2018
This is a great game, and we play it all the time. I like this travel version, as it’s easily portable, and the price is considerably less than the standard size game. Highly recommended. I play it often with a 7 year old I watch, and bought one for him as a gift. It’s an easy game to learn if you have never played it.
on January 19, 2016
The travel size is nice, but it needs a rack for the tiles which are small so don't stand up well by themselves. Because it is meant for traveling it might be used on not-so-flat surfaces. How about a rack that the tiles could snap into to hold them securely?

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.