Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Ed Sheeran Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 3, 2017
It is a very fun game, for the whole family, but this travel pack is just way too small. On an average size table most people, including children had trouble seeing the colors and shapes properly, which caused a few mistakes during the game. The game itself is worth it, the travel package is not.
on June 2, 2017
Fun game that I bought to play with my 7 y/o, uses a lot of math though, you have to write down the scores so it would've been nice to have a little notepad that comes with the game but obv not a big deal, would recommend!
on April 2, 2017
This is a very fun game! The size and weight is perfect. I've taken it on flights and backpacking, and it's been perfect.

The only thing is it's hard to tell the orange and red apart, especially in lower light. I took a Sharpie and put a dot in the middle of the reds, problem solved!
on June 6, 2017
This is one of the very few games that withstands the test of time. I bought the full sized version a few years ago; we still play it. I just picked up the travel version for an upcoming trip. I like that it's easy to play, never the same game, and it appeals to my kids even as they get older. Only reason I give it 4 stars instead of 5 is that the travel playing pieces are too small. I'm glad you can get it in a travel version, though!
on February 15, 2016
The pouch is a perfect size, my girlfriend and I can easily fit a game on our coffee table. The tiles are uniform and solid, well-made, easy to move around but not slippery. Just small enough to be convenient but large enough that individual shapes are easily visible. However, I have indirect lighting in my living room, and in low-medium light the red and orange are only distinguishable from each other if you hold them side-by-side. Green-blue have the same problem, but to a lesser degree.

Overall it's great, the nature of this game (drawing tiles from a bag, not requiring a playing board) makes it ideal for a travel setup. I just need to get another lamp for my room before I play again.
on July 21, 2012
What a wonderful game for grownups and children. Matching logic strategy. What a wonderful time my friends and I have playing this game. I really highly recommend it. Am starting to play with my 6 year old grandson (and his 4 year sister in a different way). Promotes logic and thinking ahead.
on September 2, 2012
Qwirkle is a wonderful game that works with mixed groups of many ages and helps develop critical thinking skills and strategy. The visual and spatial aspect is also wonderful. The reason I am writing this review, however, is to point out that it is a perfectly miniaturized copy of the original. I am often disappointed when a travel game leaves out so much that the game play suffers. These tiles are just smaller versions of the original, which I have no problem with. The whole thing is packaged very nicely in a zip case. It's very small and portable, and the small tile size means that it does not need a whole lot of table space.
11 comment| 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 5, 2015
I love the game, but the travel version is horrible. The pieces are about half the size and depth of a domino. They are hard to see in your "hand" when on their sides and on the board they are so light they move around too easily and messes up the board. Also, way too easy to lose the pieces.
on March 6, 2014
I first watched this game played on "Table Top" which is a show on the Geek & Sundry YouTube channel. Wil Wheaton hosts this table top game show and plays along with celebrity guests. It looked like a lot of fun, so I ordered it as a Christmas gift for my husband. I bought the travel version because we were going on a trip to visit family.

There is actually no "board" to this game. You only need a flat surface to play the tiles. There are 108 small wooden tiles that contain six different shapes that are in six different colors. You can play the same color with different shapes or a single shape of different colors. The tiles in the travel version aren't much bigger than an adult's thumbnail. If you have trouble seeing small shapes, you might want to opt for the regular version of this game.

Once we learned the simple rules, which are clearly spelled out on a small pamphlet, we played this game for hours. The game is meant for 2-4 players, so some of the kids teamed up. The rule book gave great examples of the different strategies you can use to boost your points. The point leader changed often, and the games were always exciting.
on March 11, 2013
It's the same game as the regular Qwirkle, only smaller. I don't know if I would call it a true "travel" game in that you need a pretty stable flat surface in order to play, but it is definitely more portable, and reduces the size of the table that you need to play. Like the original, it is a game that everyone, both kids and adults, can play together (our kids 5-10 year old love it).

Again the main trade-off is that you are saving some space, but it might be slightly less convenient in that its harder to get the pieces to stand up on edge (though easy enough to just hold in your hand) and if you are slightly messy with your games (like we sometimes are) the rows and columns might not line up perfectly. To make this a true travel game, you'd probably have to add some magnets and a metal board. Actually, it might have to be the other way around (metallic pieces and magnetized board) so you don't have the problem of pieces stuck together.

Anyway, great game and a recommended buy for all ages!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.